190 replies to this topic

#161 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

I'd rather see anyone we have in the AHL than Foster at this point.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#162 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

Unfortunately Larsson's injury kinda prevents us from perma-banning Foster for the moment. The next man on the totem pole is Peter Harrold, and there's nothing behind door number three even worth discussing. A real long-term injury to Larsson may force a trade.

Ryan Suter. We have number 20 available.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#163 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

Yeah I'm pretty worried about Larsson. But is Urbom really that far from being ready to come up? Surely he's got to be a bit better for the team than Foster.

Ryan Suter. We have number 20 available.

All we need to do is get rid of another Ryan

Edited by nessus, 03 February 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#164 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

Barry Melrose just said Parise announced his intentions to go FA. Where'd he get that from?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#165 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

Unfortunately Larsson's injury kinda prevents us from perma-banning Foster for the moment. The next man on the totem pole is Peter Harrold, and there's nothing behind door number three even worth discussing. A real long-term injury to Larsson may force a trade.

We could try Urbom again but Lou may be hesitant to go that route since it didn't work so well last time. TG reported Larsson's injury as a bruised back which doesn't sound especially serious, so I can't imagine needing to make a trade. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Foster back in the lineup getting a regular shift until Larsson gets back, unfortunately.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#166 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

How come no one mentions the Gomez Watch?

The radio announcers (i forget their names) but the woman mentioned it. She said there's this funny website about Gomez. :giggle:

I was hoping Marty would strike a pose like Price with his arms folded after the game ended.

Yea seriously. I forgot hockey was so G.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 03 February 2012 - 12:47 AM.

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#167 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

Barry Melrose just said Parise announced his intentions to go FA. Where'd he get that from?

Probably figured it out when he got back into coaching hockey a few years ago and did such a good job...oh wait.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#168 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

My gdt streak continues, exciting win, took the wife to the game she loved it.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#169 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

Pretty bad game but I'll take it. If they can get 2 points out of this weekend probably without Larsson, I'll take that too - injuries are starting to pile up.

This team does have a way of accumulating more points than they seem to deserve. Exactly..gotta take 'em however you can get them.

Before the homestand I was hoping for 3-2-1 and that's what I got. It wasn't done in pretty fashion, but the Devils aren't a pretty team, especially with the injuries, and goals from anyone outside the 10+ club are pretty much nonexistent. If they get two points out of the weekend, I'll happily take them.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#170 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

This team does have a way of accumulating more points than they seem to deserve. Exactly..gotta take 'em however you can get them.

Before the homestand I was hoping for 3-2-1 and that's what I got. It wasn't done in pretty fashion, but the Devils aren't a pretty team, especially with the injuries, and goals from anyone outside the 10+ club are pretty much nonexistent. If they get two points out of the weekend, I'll happily take them.

Well to be fair they lost a few games they should have won too so

Not kidding... Foster all by himself cost us a few games

www.SterioDesign.com

#171 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

Well to be fair they lost a few games they should have won too so

Not kidding... Foster all by himself cost us a few games

Meh...overall, I'd say their record is probably about 5-6 points better than it should be...this team has 19 regulation+overtime wins in 50 games. That's pretty bad. But I'm not turning those points away.

I understood what Lou was going for when he traded for Foster, and Larry Robinson is the kind of guy who can get something out of nothing or next-to-nothing (even Sheldon Brookbank was playing some decent hockey there for a while), but Foster just looks like a lost cause. He probably deserves to be benched over the weekend, but the Devils just don't have the bodies to replace him, especially if Larsson can't go.

Speaking of...

I really feel for this kid right now. This has clearly been a tough year for him on so many levels...he will learn from it, but I'm sure that there's a part of him that will be relieved when this rookie season is behind him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 03 February 2012 - 07:40 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#172 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

Steve Cangelosi needs to take some French lessons. His pronunciation of some names, especially Desharnais, was comical.

#173 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

its a real circus around here... on RDS the habs are blaming the refs on everything

calling tripping or wtv from Kovy on Cole on the turnover that led to Zach's winning goal, to be fair Kovy went from behind holding Cole's stick and it slowed him down yeah... but its the same thing than Subban holding Pony the same way when he was crashing the net for the rebound on Kovy's backhand...

then whine about Elias push from behind but they will ignore the 3 hit from behind the habs made right before...

then call our goals lucky (they were) but when their player got pushed in the net and the puck went off his face in the net thats not lucky...

they are so damn pathetic its unreal

www.SterioDesign.com

#174 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Steve Cangelosi needs to take some French lessons. His pronunciation of some names, especially Desharnais, was comical.

He has a problem with names in general, let alone French-Canadian ones.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it's KO-STIT-SIN, not KO-STIT-SEE-IN.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#175 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

its a real circus around here... on RDS the habs are blaming the refs on everything

calling tripping or wtv from Kovy on Cole on the turnover that led to Zach's winning goal, to be fair Kovy went from behind holding Cole's stick and it slowed him down yeah... but its the same thing than Subban holding Pony the same way when he was crashing the net for the rebound on Kovy's backhand...

then whine about Elias push from behind but they will ignore the 3 hit from behind the habs made right before...

then call our goals lucky (they were) but when their player got pushed in the net and the puck went off his face in the net thats not lucky...

they are so damn pathetic its unreal

Yeah to call the officiating unfairly in our favor is ridiculous.. I was down by ice level for this one and everyone around me also saw like 5 no-calls that should have gone against them

Montreal fans are spoiled little bitches
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#176 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Yeah to call the officiating unfairly in our favor is ridiculous.. I was down by ice level for this one and everyone around me also saw like 5 no-calls that should have gone against them

Montreal fans are spoiled little bitches

Clarkson being boarded leads to nothing and Elias boarding Blunden gives him a penalty and possibly a word from Shanahan? That pissed me off.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#177 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

we won fvck montreal

#178 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

was brodeur the 3rd star? cause he just randomly went out when they were doing the 3 stars lol

It took so long for Marty to come out, I envisioned him having no idea it was coming and having push his way back through the other players to make the 3rd star appearance. Maybe Marty expected it to go to Clarkson. It's rare for goalies to allow 3 and get a spot in the three stars.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#179 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

It took so long for Marty to come out, I envisioned him having no idea it was coming and having push his way back through the other players to make the 3rd star appearance. Maybe Marty expected it to go to Clarkson. It's rare for goalies to allow 3 and get a spot in the three stars.

Especially when they allow one goal and get screwed out of any star multiple times.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#180 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Anyone else think Greene has been awesome? Best I've seen him since '09-'10

I particularly like when he took the puck from behind his net and dusted leblanc (who's not slow)and went in for a full ice rush. its nice to see that quickness back there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users