16 replies to this topic

#1 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

Insane night for a player considered to be on the move. 4 goals and 4 assists tonight.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

With time left to break the record.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#3 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

thats awesome

#4 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

wow.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#5 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Just voted 3rd, 2nd and 1st star. Incredible night.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#6 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

okay, they didn't have to give him all 3 stars. Frickin' Canadian media is so corny.

Edited by ben00rs, 03 February 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#7 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

Congrats to him! He's been one of my favorite non-Devils for quite some time, what an accomplishment!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#8 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Absolutely amazing, congrats to the kid :cheers:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#9 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

By the way he becomes the first person to accomplish the milestone since Mario Lemieux had 8 points against the Devils in 1988. That was the game he scored 5 goals in 5 different ways.

#10 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

By the way he becomes the first person to accomplish the milestone since Mario Lemieux had 8 points against the Devils in 1988. That was the game he scored 5 goals in 5 different ways.

The funny thing about that game is that the Devils were in it right until the end...they were trailing 7-6 and were pressuring big time with their goalie pulled, but then Mario got his empty netter to ice it.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#11 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

I was at that game in Pitt, on new years eve with a bunch of friends. I still swear the empty net goal was after the buzzer, but conveniently there's never any video of that last goal.

By the way, last night's 8 point game has better memories for Devil fans, see the link:

http://www.hockey-re...8804220NJD.html

That was unforgettable.
Mark Johnson got 4 goals and still not good enough for the 1st star Patrik's 8 pts.

That night I sat next to Chris Russo, before he was Maddog. He had a sports talk show on WMCA & must've gotten free tickets. Not surprisingly he tried to talk basketball with me, of which I know or care very little.
I thought he was nuts, this was a 10 goal playoff game with tons of fights and hockey didn't faze him then either.

#12 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

wowww that is just awesome... and he is in good company with that record damn

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#13 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

There goes my dream of acquiring Gagner.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#14 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

On the other hand...its all down hill from here.

#15 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Finally, proof that goal was late. I've looked in the past, but I think after this Gagner game they put it on nhl.com

After clicking the link & the commercial, click on the side link 5 goals 5 diff. ways.

http://video.nhl.com...id=35&id=154837

Then go to the end & freeze the video clock at 1:13 & see the green light on behind the net & start the 'wave off' signal.
F'n NHL. Kissed Mario's a__ . The NHL had to see that video & still allowed it to stand.

#16 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Holy Sh!t, Gagner has 2G & 1A in the first period tonight vs. wings, so that's 11 straight team goals he has a point on. Just amazing!

#17 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

I just can't believe that this kid had 22 points on the season thursday morning and by saturday night had 33.

Edited by ben00rs, 05 February 2012 - 05:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users