24 replies to this topic

#21 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,213 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

I know I should be happy he wasn't suspended given the way the league treats the Devils but this fine still rubs me the wrong way.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#22 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I know I should be happy he wasn't suspended given the way the league treats the Devils but this fine still rubs me the wrong way.

hah its like saying i saw what you did there

well did you miss what they did too, no, ok

...@shanny

Edited by lazer, 03 February 2012 - 11:08 PM.

Posted Image

#23 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

I missed the game and the hit - is there a clip? And Patty can do no wrong: that's my story and I'm sticking too it. :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#24 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

Honestly as I was watching the game it was pretty Chippy by the point Elias threw the check and while I may be an Elias apologist I just fealt he was sticking up for his teammates who were getting pegged as well.

#25 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

I expected 1 game. Nice to see the NHL be lenient after screwing us over consistently.

yeah but since Shanny got his VP position, he's been turning into the Safety Nazi. Fining people and handing out suspensions for any hit along the boards practically, even if there was no in-game penalty! I could see if it was called in game but to go scrutinize video probably frame by frame after the fact and then issue punishment is a little extreme. Pretty soon they'll outlaw hitting entirely and it'll just be pond hockey. Might as well lose the defensemen, isn't it their job to put big hits on the opposing forwards?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users