30 replies to this topic

#1 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:37 PM

that Selanne is going to get swept out of the playoffs by the Sharks. Good for him and his "friend" Paul . . .

#2 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:53 PM

Posted Image

1 more game to win
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:56 PM

I was going to say it 7'. Classic picture there.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#4 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:01 PM

True. but even the Avs radio announcers ended the game by saying that they were going to get eliminated in rd 2. It's over, and so is Granato's tenure as coach. Can you say Quennville or Martin? Both were assistants on the 96 Col cup winners . . .

#5 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:14 PM

Aebischer isn't the type of goalie the Avs should have in net....

He should play on Philly...

#6 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:33 PM

:pray: Please lose game four!

I love it when Avs fans get disappointed! Can you say spoiled? They're more spoiled than US!

#7 Pablo

Pablo

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:18 AM

They're more spoiled that US, too. ;)

I'd say a better fit for that team would be Martin. Gives the hockey world another reason to hate the Avs. B )

#8 Ice Man

Ice Man

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:03 AM

Avs are only a hated team by the Devils fans. They have a strong fan base both in Denver and away. The people in Quebec still follow them.

They built a team to win the cup this season and that strategy failed. San Jose who just hoped for a chance in the playoffs a the start of the season seems to be a leader. Ron Wilson has done a great job with this team.

All this hatred towards the Avs doesn't get the Devils out of round 1 and if it makes one feel better that the major competition from the west has advanced to the second round but is about to lose only suggests that there is a sickness amoung us .

Edited by Ice Man, 27 April 2004 - 07:04 AM.

#9 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:20 AM

All this hatred towards the Avs doesn't get the Devils out of round 1 and if it makes one feel better that the major competition from the west has advanced to the second round but is about to lose only suggests that there is a sickness amoung us .

It makes me feel better. Guess I'm sick. Anyone else "sick"? :rolleyes:

I love it when any team with that kind of payroll gets knocked out.
That Kariya lowballed his salary because he thought Colorado would be lock for the cup makes it all the sweeter.

No, hatred towards the Avs doesn't get the Devils out of round 1. What exactly is your suggestion that the fans do right now to help the Devils get out of round 1? I thought I remembered them being eliminated about a week ago, but I guess my memory is fading...
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#10 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:25 AM

It wasn't a Devils fan that made that Divalanche website. Sue said it was a Wings fan. I think the Avs are hated by many worldwide. :evil: I'm sure Avs fans were pulling for the Devils every step of the way last year. :rolleyes: The Avs took the Cup from us, we don't want them to get another.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#11 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:56 AM

Avs are only a hated team by the Devils fans. They have a strong fan base both in Denver and away. The people in Quebec still follow them.

They built a team to win the cup this season and that strategy failed. San Jose who just hoped for a chance in the playoffs a the start of the season seems to be a leader. Ron Wilson has done a great job with this team.

You missed Detroit. No one dislikes Colorado more than Detroit and vice-a-versa. The teams usually have to go through each other to get to the finals. It's a rivalry that started with bad blood and it is still going strong. The teams measure themselves by each other.

Love the title of the thread. Poetic justice, indeed. When the season first started, no one could stop saying how the Avs would score 8 goals a game and win big. It wasn't going to matter if Aebischer gave up 5 goals, they were going to score 7 and win. They seem to be having trouble scoring 2.

Aebischer, who has had a solid season is not stealing any games, and though he could hardly be solely blamed for all the losses, he hasn't looked very good in either of them. He was shaky in the first round series against Dallas as well. Last night was a very crucial game. The Avs were hungry but the Sharks didn't show any signs of slowing down. Nabakov made 33 huge saves and was brilliant.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings, but she's on the stage now...

It's the curse of The Season!

#12 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:12 AM

I find myself rooting for the Lightning and Sharks because of payroll. I like the idea that teams can win through their system and a few choice trades(which makes no sense when I'm rooting for the Yanks).

#13 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:41 AM

God forbid that Philthy makes the SCF........I want ANYONE in the West to beat them.

Go Lightning/Habs/West

Edited by Jimmy Leeds, 27 April 2004 - 08:41 AM.

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#14 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:48 AM

Abbey has been the team MVP this season. Its not his fault he has a horrible d in front of him and his forwards think its beaneath them to back check.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#15 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:07 AM

Ice Man, you make it seem like if anyone hates the Avs, they have a mental problem.

Yes, the main reason I hate the Avs is because of 2001. But how about the other reasons? How about having my entire family out in Denver and Boulder call me up bragging after every win? And after every loss, they'd call us up and insinuate stuff about how the Devils play? Or how about last summer, after the Devils won, when my cousin slipped into a conversation, "Not as boring as how the Devils play"?

You have to be specific about the Quebec matter. Quebec is both a province and a city. The people of Quebec (the province) have largely reverted to being Habs fans though, yes, the people of Quebec (the city and metro area) are largely still Avs fans. This has a lot to do with Patrick Roy's involvement in the Quebec (the city) hockey community as well as that the Avs used to be from there.

It's not all so simple, Ice Man.

#16 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:23 AM

Abbey has been the team MVP this season. Its not his fault he has a horrible d in front of him and his forwards think its beaneath them to back check.

I beg to differ. I agree that Aebischer has had a solid regular season, but if anyone qualifies to the Avs MVP, it's Joe Sakic. After a successful regular season, Aebischer has had a mediocre playoffs. The defense in front of him has been horrid, but he himself has given up some bad goals and rebounds, all the way from game 1 of round 1.

As for the playoffs, the entire Avalanche team got by Dallas with average play because Dallas played like crap. Those shortcomings have been thoroughly exposed by San Jose. Dallas should've had a field day with the Avs, especially with the way the Avs had ended their season. No worries, the Sharks are doing it.

#17 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:45 AM

It wasn't a Devils fan that made that Divalanche website.  Sue said it was a Wings fan.  I think the Avs are hated by many worldwide.  :evil: I'm sure Avs fans were pulling for the Devils every step of the way last year.  :rolleyes:   The Avs took the Cup from us, we don't want them to get another.

Here Here !
Whats wrong with dilsliking and dare I say it , hating teams? I wish nothing but pain and turmoil (in the sporting sense) to Denver - Detroit - Philly and mostly the Rangers.

"On my command... Unleash hell!" --RC :evil:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#18 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:49 AM

Sakic has had a great season, but Abbey has made them competitive.

Abbey has had a very impressive season and has put up numbers worthy of consideration for the Vezina. He's sees more quality shots per game than almost every other goalie (except Nabokov, Vokun, and Luongo).

The Av's have a losing record in games that Abbey doesn't play. This guy is the real deal and not replacable. (If Sakic gets hurt you still have Forsberg)>
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#19 SpeakoftheDevil(s)

SpeakoftheDevil(s)

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:55 AM

God forbid that Philthy makes the SCF........I want ANYONE in the West to beat them.

Go Lightning/Habs/West

Jimmy my boy,
to quote classic heavyweight rocker Marvin Lee Aday (Meatloaf)
"you took the words right out of my mouth"

ANYONE BUT PHILTHY, ANYONE!!!!!!

Edited by SpeakoftheDevil(s), 27 April 2004 - 09:56 AM.

"Weakness is provacative, it often intices people to do what they oridnarily wouldn't"

Posted Image

Steinbrenner quickly responded to the RedSox Owner, (who was complaining about the Yankees signing of ARod), saying: "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction." In regards to

#20 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:02 AM

In terms of 'reasons to hate the Avs' Aebischer is pretty far down my list. I do get tired of the constant ESPN slobbering about how difficult a time he's having living out his dream since he has to follow WAAAAH, but overall he's had a pretty solid year. I mean, the guy is playing behind a bunch of forwards who have decided that "Backchecking is boring and we shouldn't have to do that. That's what the evil Devils do and they are ruining hockey. We didn't take paycuts/or sign contracts for $10 million dollars (depending on the player) to come here to BACKCHECK." Plus the coach doesn't know what the hell he is doing and commands NO respect from the team. And, as Divealanche.com notes, the fans were born on third base and think they hit a triple.

Edited by SueNJ97, 27 April 2004 - 10:03 AM.

NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users