16 replies to this topic

#1 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:26 AM

OK, maybe this is just me, but seeing as there are so many forums, maybe it would be good to make some into sub-forums? Like Trivia, Book Quotes, the Marketplace, and Forum Awards all under Heaven, Introduce Yourself and Fantasy Hockey under Off-Topic, etc? Anybody else agree?

#2 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:13 PM

Must just be you, Sheeps! :P
Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Martin Brodeur. I'm with you, LD30!

How hot is my avatar? Woof, I love those eyes!! Ugh, I'm such a girl.

#3 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:35 PM

:lol: Oh leave him alone pooh...I can appreciate his concern for the number of forums, it can get crowded at times. ;)

I'll try to answer just in my own opinion cause I'm not sure how much DM's going to be around the next few days. Trivia and the Forum Awards pretty much have to be their own forums because both are in season and we want them to get as much notice as possible. Maybe during the offseason (i.e. after the awards and the contest are finished) we'll make them subfolders if we can. Book Quotes probably has to be its own forum too, at least until the guy's publishing deadline which I think is in a few months. Introduce Yourself also probably should be its own forum, it seems to help lurkers break out of lurkage mode and they wouldn't find the area as easily if it was a subfolder.

Marketplace, I dunno that probably could be moved temporarily. It is the 'offseason' for that, since usually people just use that for ticket sales. Fantasy Hockey - well, it's the offseason for that too, I would try to move it into a sub-folder in Off-Topic later - if I wasn't afraid I'd pull a poohbear and forget to hit a button or hit the wrong button :P

Eh, I'll just wait till DM reads the thread and let him decide.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#4 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:36 PM

Doesn't really matter to me. Your idea makes sense, but I think it's faster and easier this way.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#5 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:12 PM

There are forums and sub-forums? :lol:
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#6 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:30 PM

There are forums and sub-forums? :lol:

That's what they claim. I don't believe it myself. :P

*clicks "View New Posts" link* That's the only forum I need. :evil:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#7 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:34 PM

There are forums and sub-forums?  :lol:

That's what they claim. I don't believe it myself. :P

Yeah. The "View New Posts" forum is great. Very active. :lol:

#8 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:08 PM

Most of the forums are limited time only forums. Book posting/awards will be gone by mid summer. Also the next version of this software once it is stable allows you to hide the forums you don't want to see. Hell posters only people can hide Offtopic/heaven etc.

It is a valid suggestion though.

#9 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:06 PM

Oh, wow! I never even noticed that link up there. :lol:
How useful! :D
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#10 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:34 PM

Please give the puckbunnies their own forum so they can stop polluting the others...1 thread of hockey and 10 threads of this crap...wading thru it is tiresome...the old clique and thread crap is back again...sheesh...some ppl just refuse to grow up :rant:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#11 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:36 PM

Jeesh... I thought most of the silliness was being well contained in one crazy banal thread.

I think 90% is still hockey related. Which is very impressive considering the Devils sorta aren't playing anymore.

#12 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:52 PM

hrm.. how odd... no admins listed as on but yet two really fun topics just got yanked
out of hell into off-topic for no real reason and no one really complaining about them

that's kinda annoying

given yes the one thread from hell has spiraled to oblivion
the one about us all playing hockey WAS still hockey-related :noclue:

*edits*
now it's in heaven !?!?!?!

someone's having too much fun back there :P

Edited by CRASHER, 29 April 2004 - 04:53 PM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#13 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:17 PM

Bah I did it (FWIW, I wasn't anon when I did it, I just did it before I left), what's the big deal if they're moved or not - they're still here and open and the links to them are still in Hell, it's not like they've been locked or anything. :noclue:

The naughty Devils one should really have been a Heaven-based topic all-along, I was just too lax to move it there. Besides, with Heaven not having a lot of posts it could use an infusion, and it should be easy enough to find there cause it's right below Hell and there's nothing else in that folder other than the keepers thread.

The playing hockey one, well that's a matter of opinion I suppose. It's about hockey sure, but it's also about one's personal involvement in the sport and not really NHL or pro hockey based - sometimes the forum definitions do intercede. OT is not oblivion though, hell your monster thread about the hockey game last summer (that started as the pictures thread) was in OT as best as I recall.

EDIT: I'll switch the hockey one back and bump it up if it's too inconvenient for everyone to either click to the link in Hell or find it in one of our other most-used forums though :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#14 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:28 PM

it's been one of the most fun and entertaining threads I've seen on any internet forum
anywhere... and when threads get moved they tend to die.... this one's too good to let
go without a fight... and i got screwed up as I was reading it when it was being moved
... I'm like what the hell man !!?!? :blink:

at least so far the insanity of the thread has lived on till it gets moved to hall of fame :)

I'm not one for structure... can ya tell ??? :evil:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#15 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:18 AM

Eh, that's okay, Has. Guess everyone just has to be more careful where we post stuff.

But, Dew, I don't want to grow up. :evilcry:

Edited by poohbear, 30 April 2004 - 09:36 AM.

#16 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 05:50 PM

Eh, that's okay, Has.  Guess everyone just has to be more careful where we post stuff.

But, Dew, I don't want to grow up.  :evilcry:

You don't have to lose the child in you to have a life pooh...you come across as one who has a life, meaning there are more important things for you than having to know what kind of underwear a player wears or where he purchases them...tell me what is more important to you...where Elias lives or where you live??? :D
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#17 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 04:51 PM

Change that to Marty and I'd have to think about it Dew. :uni: I like Elias but then, we've seen him in his underwear. :P I think it's all about a balance. I worship at Marty's altar but not so it interferes too much with the rest of my life. I do have a picture of him on my fridge so I can see his smile every morning when I get milk for my coffee. :rolleyes: If that makes me a puckbunny then, so be it. But I try to control my puckbunnyitis. If I went too overboard my husband might start to worry about me. Or even...dare I say it?...*gasp*...limit my Devils access. :unsure:

But then again, I like the levity of the puckbunny threads, if you want to call them that. I understand you're not wanting them gunking up the hardcore hockey forum that is "Hell", but don't bash us for enjoying them. :saddevil:

Edited by poohbear, 01 May 2004 - 04:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users