131 replies to this topic

#1 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Ok, so Langs will be returning as a visitor for the first time since being traded tomorrow night. I'm interested to hear everyone's take. If you're at the game, will you boo him every time he touches the puck, and when he's announced? I will be at the game, and I haven't decided if I will boo yet. I liked Langs a lot. I appreciate the contributions he made when he was here. But that wound is still a little fresh- I hated the way he left. I think in time, it'll be water under the bridge, but not enough time has passed yet. So- thoughts?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

Boo him without mercy.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#3 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

I dont think booing him is appropriate. Its going to happen none the less, but I would like to see him atleast cheered for once. He did to alot for this team in a positive manner but ofcourse, in the case with every player that leaves NJ, he left on a bad note and that is all everyone will remember of him.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#4 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

I was as big a Langs critic as anyone on this board, but I wouldn't boo him.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#5 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

He was our captain and was big in getting us that 3rd Cup.. I will be cheering him

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#6 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

I dont think he should get booed since we dont know exactly what really happened plus i dont think zach would be thrilled to see his home crowd booing his ex mentor and real good bud

www.SterioDesign.com

#7 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

will be there and will definitely not be booing....enjoyed 2003 to much...i dont think we've would've won the cup in 03' without him scoring some clutch goals

Edited by justdo3043, 08 February 2012 - 10:00 AM.

"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#8 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Cant boo him. He was great for us--until he wasn't. It was time for him to go.

#9 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

not booing him, no way...

yeah he had a crappy last year with us, but he didn't do anything that warrants a boo from fans

Gomez of course haha, but Langenbrunner, nope
POTATO!!!

#10 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

Boo him without mercy.

I'll go with this.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#11 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

A cheer if he's announced, no acknowledgement otherwise. Hate him for the way he left? By waving his no trade clause after being asked multiple times to wave it? Just because people on the board call him a cancer it doesn't make it true. No one know what went on behind closed doors so no one can judge.
Devils.

#12 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

The only player who should be booed is Gomez. Langs did a lot of good for the franchise and was never a weasel like Gomez. And to my knowledge, Langs hasn't bad mouthed the organization since leaving.

For all who are going, please don't boo. Completely uncalled for.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#13 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'm glad to see more people are saying they won't boo him. In the end, I believe that is the right choice, although I do understand if some would disagree.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#14 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

*Sigh* He was our captain, we traded him, he found a team through free agency that wanted him. Those three things all point to no.

#15 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

I don't boo anybody at all unless they do something dirty during the game I'm watching. I understand why people do it, but IMO it's just not good sportsmanship. I also hate it when the entire arena shouts "sucks" during the announcement of the opponent's lineup, and "HEY! You SUCK!" during the goal song. I find it embarrassing.

That said, you pay your money, you get to boo (or suck) to your heart's content.

#16 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

I don't think it's worth it. His stint here was overall positive, anyway.

#17 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Indifferent. I really don't like how he left things, but he was an invaluable part of the 3rd cup run.

So, I probably wouldn't cheer nor boo

Edited by Devilsfan118, 08 February 2012 - 10:29 AM.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#18 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Unfortunately Boos tend to be louder than cheers.
I would cheer him once for what he has done for us. He's no longer here, so why boo now ?

Plus, at 4-14-18 in 50 games this year, he's really not "Boo-worthy' !

#19 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

The only player who should be booed is Gomez. Langs did a lot of good for the franchise and was never a weasel like Gomez. And to my knowledge, Langs hasn't bad mouthed the organization since leaving.

For all who are going, please don't boo. Completely uncalled for.

"I am leaving a first class organization that has been like a family for the last ten years. But on the other hand, I am fortunate to be returning to another first class organization with Dallas."

For those who will boo him, and I say this in the most respectful way possible... please grow the fvck up. Ok that sounds harsh, but I'm tired of fans acting like they sat next to him and got a dirty sanchez from him in the locker room.

Look past the media reports and mumbo jumbo that "may or may not" have happened. None of us were in that lockerroom, the year under Mac was a disaster, and team morale had hit rock bottom. We were all looking for a scapegoat and changes had to be made. So quickly to forget his contributions to a Stanley Cup Championship and focus on a year or two of what obviously wasn't working out for him and the team. He moved on. We should too.
Put food on my family

#20 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Please do not f-cking boo him, people. I don't wanna have to resort to personal threats of violence.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users