131 replies to this topic

#21 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

I won't boo him, but I also won't wear my Langs jersey again. He did some great things. He left badly.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#22 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

Definitely will NOT boo him. He was invaluable to our 2003 cup run. People seem to forget the good stuff way too easily. He really never wanted to leave NJ, but couldn't deal with his diminished role making it time to go when the season tanked last year.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 08 February 2012 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image

#23 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

I think Langs got a bad rap the last year or two with us, I remember the good things he did when he got here and the big goals he scored in the playoff's. He didn't really want to leave NJ, in fact when Lou asked him to waive his no trade clause he said "no" (the first time anyway). I understand he had some problems in his personal life at that time, so he was a bit of a complainer or whatever...big deal.
I'll cheer him.

Edited by hargsy, 08 February 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#24 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Pls do not boo...if you dont want to cheer fine...but dont boo...he was a huge part of this team and still holds this team in high regards...dont change that
Posted Image

#25 Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

As long as nobody boos Jason Arnott. ;)

#26 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Cheer him of course.

Dont be stupid.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#27 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Boo him he destroyed the team.

#28 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

He didn't destroy the team. John MacLean's inept coaching abilities did.
Posted Image

#29 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

He didn't destroy the team. John MacLean's inept coaching abilities did.

The rot set in when Lemaire wanted to give White the C for a game after the Olympics. The team was never the same after that until he was traded.

#30 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

i really feel with the way he left that it was not as bad as we think, from what i gathered he was trying to stick up for some teammates and it could indeed create a little tension between him and the coach but if thats what it is he paid the price for "taking one for the team" kinda... plus with Zach being real close to him and im sure it was hard for zach to see him go that way, plus he was at Langs place when they learned he was traded...

www.SterioDesign.com

#31 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

The organization has nothing against Jamie. The players certainly don't as after he got traded he hosted the team at his house for a Super Bowl Party last year, and Zach has mentioned him countless time as a player he learned from and one that will help him be a successful captain in this league.

Why boo? Things didn't work out and it was time to move on for both parties. How many Devils players have left the organization on so-so terms only to be welcomed back with open arms by Lou? Jamie will certainly be in that group when he is done playing.

So many great Devils moments included Jamie. Booing him would be so unfortunate, but unfortunately par for the course here.

I think he deserves a healthy ovation.

Edited by devilsrule33, 08 February 2012 - 11:44 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#32 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I would definitely cheer for Langs his first game back. Just because his skills diminished toward the end, it doesn't wipe out all the good he did for the organization. He was an admirable captain for us during some tough transition years. He'll always be a Devil.

#33 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

If I was able to go I would cheer him. In the end I'd rather remember all the good he did as a Devil including the Cup in 2003.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#34 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

According to his coach, Langenbrunner was completely destructive in the locker room at the end. I don't boo players, I won't give them the satisfaction of them mattering enough, but I won't be cheering either.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#35 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

will be there and will definitely not be booing....enjoyed 2003 to much...i dont think we've would've won the cup in 03' without him scoring some clutch goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSIaTL4-3I

It was off the skates of rookie Volchenkov.

#36 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Langs was my favorite player while he was here so I'll be giving him a cheer for sure. Hell, I'll even be wearing my Langs jersey. Sure, the way he left was bad but the good he accomplished here far outweighs the bad. It was just time for him to move on and time for the Devils to move on without him.

oKCiNj.jpg

#37 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

A cheer if he's announced, no acknowledgement otherwise. Hate him for the way he left? By waving his no trade clause after being asked multiple times to wave it? Just because people on the board call him a cancer it doesn't make it true. No one know what went on behind closed doors so no one can judge.

If anything I think people would have wanted him to waive the NTC SOONER since his not waiving it kept us in cap purgatory, and plus there were a 'lot' of cheers when he was a scratch the night he was traded. There was definite anger towards him. Whether we as a crowd will be more magnanimous now since we've had a year of good hockey since then or all the more angry with him since it's more obvious he needed to go by the day I can't guess.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#38 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

There's no way in hell I would boo him. I don't miss him, not sorry he's gone, but booing him would be the kind of classless act that the Flyers fans would pull. I would cheer for him at the beginning of the game when he first came out, and after that he'd be just another Blue. But there's no way I would boo him, no way.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#39 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

I sincerely hope the cheers far outweigh the boos

#40 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

I wouldnt cheer him, but why boo him? I dont get it.

Edited by devlman, 08 February 2012 - 12:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users