#1 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

opine :uni:

Ok so! Here is the latest discovery - Scotty harasses a hunting writer via iphone

Just after dark last Wednesday night, a text message on my phone read: "I hit this buck tonight!" Attached was this photo from Scott Stevens' Reconyx scouting camera.

It's so cute. He's such a high strung guy - I LOVE that! and think of how comically efficient Stevens must look with all that bow crap, cameras, iphone -- probably all anal retentively placed about his person. How would one not get distracted with all that sh!t?

My husband is always that guy -- the one that actually gives a crap. He exhausts everyone with his enthusiasm. Right now his current set of hunting buddies kind of aren't that into hunting. Everyone talks a big line...but when push comes to shove they'll pick a football tailgate over hunting -- or more often than not -- "oh no my wife will kill me - have fun, man" No set of guys can ALL be entirely pansy whipped THAT much. or am I just some rare tolerant treasure? Well... I do know his brother is pretty whipped :unsure: I couldn't handle that if I were a dude - and I LIKE being bossed around. My husband is the nag in the house.

I wonder if Stevens calls Donna all the time and texts her pictures and stuff. I hope so. My husband does it all the time. I love that. Even if it's annoying it reminds you of how much you love them :wub:

I'm here for the party

#2 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

PANSY whipped? Seriously? Yeah -- I can just see a bunch of guys cowering while a girly chases them around with a flacid pansy... GAD I HATE THE AUTO_EDIT FEATURE! PUSSY dammit PUSSY!

wow and that is unreadable with all the product placement...

Scott Stevens - my husband said you should write. Then I'd have my Holik podcast and my Stevens hunting blog -- I'd be set!!

Edited by Pepperkorn, 08 February 2012 - 05:18 PM.

I'm here for the party

#3 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Because I still have to look at this stuff even if I wont' partake :giggle:

pictures!

sportswhatsis unltd 2011 signing

dude is gettin' old....

fortunately so am I so I can mock aging all I'd like -- says I anyhow :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 10 February 2012 - 03:44 PM.

I'm here for the party

#4 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hmm... I've been falling down on the whole hockey thing much less Stevens...

so I searched on Scott Stevens hunting and found a NJ hunter message board with this (dated from back when his number was being retired)

Dominant Buck:
I used to service his house in Essex Fells when I was an exterminator.. He had targets all over the yard.. Nice guy.

My question... why would they be needing an exterminator? Eywwee? It's not rural up there....did a few mice freak them out? It's not like it's Manhattan with no convenient exit routes for vermin. ehh whatever.. :noclue:

Searching is weird... what sorts of things might I find? Maybe this is a bad idea... I think Stevens better make sure there's a snippet in the press about him once a month preferably with pictures just to keep me sated so I dont search and find out anything on... oh I dont know a urologist site or something... :yucky:

I'm here for the party

#5 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

I was worried this thread might need a "NSFW" tag :giggle:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#6 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

ok - I just wasted 15 minutes looking at pictures of world record white tail buck pictures. The cutest were the velvet covered ones -- the deer were alive so it was much cuter. The biggest rack I've seen was on Block Island... beautiful boy frozen scared on someone's front lawn at night. We were all kind of perplexed as to whether it was real or not - it was backlit by the front porch .. finally when he white tailed it outta there we figured out he was real! So beautiful :wub:

:unsure:

ok

so...

goodnight :evil:

I was worried this thread might need a "NSFW" tag :giggle:

HEY! HI!

You can make that happen and I'd be cool with it... if it was Stevens I mean that is... Scott .. not Connie :doh1:

I'm here for the party

#7 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Well my wife let's me go hunting and I let her go on spa trips to Mexico. Of course I only hunt in Upper Freehold Twp.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#8 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

I want to go on this sewing retreat with my mom's church sewing group. They spend a weekend on this cute farm in New Hampshire. I'm so lame. But that's a hobby thing only I'd be interested in. :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 23 February 2012 - 10:48 AM.

I'm here for the party

#9 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

PK, yesterday I watched the Devils-Lightning elimination game from 2003 after it sat on my DVR for like a month. Seeing Stevens on the ice and remembering how he had come back from that slapshot made me think of his biggest fan.

Also, damn was he still a solid performer even then. Calm and composed, still able to move the puck well, and dishing out the hits. Part of me wonders how he would have adapted to the "new NHL" had he not been forced to retire. He was a smart enough player that I think he could have hacked it, but 2005-2006 would have been an ugly statistical year for him... maybe finishing in the minus, with limited minutes.

Oh yeah, and even though I fast-forwarded through much of the game, there were at least 30 non-calls that would have been instant whistles nowadays.

/hijack

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#10 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

hi jack schmijack! This is the kind of stuff I'm lookin' for!

I can't believe it's been 8 years since the dude played even.... I've adored him post-career for longer than I adored him playing. Why did I waste so much time ignoring him with his collegiate good looks and irritating perfection. How did I not see he wasn't merely perfect but PERFECTLY perfect with perfect imperfections? :urg:

I think Stevens efficiency is ideal in ANY hockey setting. His gift isn't huge hits - it's coming up with the smallest gesture that makes the biggest impact. He's incredibly thrifty - what I've never quite gotten a grasp of is how he has this huge high-strung energy, that needs an outlet absolutely, and instead of waste he fine tunes it to a laser point be it a hit which is most obvious - or a puck block again obvious or just stretching his entire personal space the length of the rink - no one can do that - just enlarge the space they take up so gigantically. Stevens took up more space then Chara could ever hope. How did he DO that?

That paragraph has mixed metaphors... you all get the idea though..

I'm here for the party

#11 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Some insight as to why I love Scott Stevens --- I personally think anyhow.

"We are intrinsically wired to take pleasure from our predictions that come true," he says.
Get it right and you get a burst of pleasure-inducing dopamine or a related brain chemical. Get it wrong and dopamine levels dip, Linden says.
All that training makes us extremely sensitive to the consistency and predictability of people we depend on, Linden says.
"If we have a sense that there is a mismatch between our prediction and their actions, that is something that sets off neural alarm bells," he says. And if we think they have been inconsistent about something fundamental, he says, we will feel betrayed.

This is from an NPR story this morning about why we hate flip flopping politicians. I of course like them though because I feel their flip flopping makes them appear more bi-partisan or better still non-partisan. But they have to be McCain-like consistent flip flopper (who I incidentally felt betrayed by when he started embracing a lot of rightists garbage instead of the truly logical thoughts that were more centrist). but that's neither here nor there. We're talking about Stevens :wub:

So every time he did my bidding on ice -- defended exactly as I felt it should be done, I got a blast of dopamine! The dude has me on a dopamine high - I AM addicted. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

I'm here for the party

#12 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

2 beers I can't stop laughing....

I'm here for the party

#13 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

HEY HEY! I was going to whine about how I have ZERO Stevens news..

Scotty -- make some noise. You have a signing on your birthday -- just put a little sign up, little tiny thing, that says "I love Pepperkorn" then we'll see what kind of feedback we get here in this thread yeah? Good idea?

OR you know -- anyone going, ask Scotty: Do you know Pepperkorn?

This is a wonderful chance for someone to get something genuine out of the dude. He's got the blank pleasant face down and every pat answer to every common question.

The way to really catch him... "cmon, you think she's cute dont you?" THEN we'll have our answer!! :boogie:

yes... I was THAT girl in Elementary school, Jr High, and High School. Why does that humiliate guys... one of you guys should speak out. Why does it embarrass guys when a girls asks a friend to ask him if he likes her.... OK several friends to ask? :rofl: Poor Eric Finseth, Geir Wallaas... of course my date to the Sr Prom was also a double secret does-he-like-me-no-dont-really-ask-him crush victim. I was SHOCKED when he called out of the blue and asked me to the Prom. We never dated after though. both too shy I guess. Larry Stein.... **sigh** I'm too shy to even friend him on facebook...

:unsure: Holy crap.. I actually got my husband making a friend call him for me.... gosh. I'm not shy. but I guess I am. :saddevil:

and I dont want to date Scott Stevens.. :urg:

oh never mind this was a tragedy of a Let's talk about Stevens post.... and will
I
hit
???

I'm here for the party

#14 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

so... nothing?

True I'm too morally superior to take part in the cycle of greed that is paid autograph sessions --- but surely SOMEONE did and can tell us how truly dull and vapid the session was!

:saddevil:

I'm here for the party

#15 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Oh here -- it probbaly looked something like this... but with a different shirt...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlcFpM6eBiE

it is cute how he always looks at everyone and says you're welcome and stuff...

I'm like a camel stretching out all I can from those last few drops of water...

I'm here for the party

#16 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Well thanks a lot ... thanks for all your hard work to cure my boredom <_<

I'm gonna go ALL WACKED out on you all now!! give me time.... maybe I'll share my weird dream with you...and I'll FIND a way to make it about Stevens!!

I'm here for the party

#17 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

I've decided my dream was too creepy... for myself - no one here would give a hoot.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 05 April 2012 - 10:01 AM.

I'm here for the party

#18 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

CMON!

I'm bored you b@st@rds!!

why is it I can out relentless anyone.. seriously. Obviously I can. even sammyk....

I'm here for the party

#19 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Ummm... what is it you'd like us to do? :noclue:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#20 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

You rule rowdy. No one wrote about his signing. I guess no one went.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users