#41 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3RCofj5wc

You cannot know how funny this is... nor the true meaning of the term cocky -- until you have roosters.

Suffice to say, we no longer have roosters... and they were quite delicious. Rooroo attacked my husband on the wrong day... :(

:rofl:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#42 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Saw the most adorable movie on IMDB hulu link...

It's a little low key --- but Scott Stevens likes dogs (I hope LOVES IS INSANE FOR) dogs. Joy (Gordie) should see this one too :) It's a movie not just s short so... and hulu has advts too sooo... double so

http://www.imdb.com/...u/vi1450287385/

EDIT after seeing the whole thing:
it got dumb in the second half... dude doesn't know dogs but it's still cute.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 25 May 2012 - 01:22 PM.

I'm here for the party

#43 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Game day... I am oddly calm...

I'm here for the party

#44 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

Dream last night!

All was me reading paper/magazine headlines
SS left his wife for a girl he had a crush on in high school Tanya.
I was shocked.
Tanya dumped him after 6 months
I thought Man that's always how it happens...
Stevens seen on red carpet with Uma Thurman

I woke up thinking what BS his dating Uma was. I have no idea what it all means :evil:

I'm here for the party

#45 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hmm... I haven't posted here this series... What's to write - Stevens left me bereft of news. It's all on you now dude... you've got to get me something worthwhile to discuss here... and I don't have time to search the web daily -- you'll have to really put yourself out there if you want the tide to turn in this series..

alll on YOU big guy... -_-

Edited by Pepperkorn, 04 June 2012 - 08:25 AM.

I'm here for the party

#46 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

OK fine -- I cave...

SO! I thought we had a Pheobe nesting in our garage eves... but I never heard the Pheobe song which is so cute. ANYHOW --- so I looked up similar species and I COMPLETELY identified our little couple ---

I had been trying to figure out what bird whistled a bird song that sounds just like the human you're hot whoot whooo whistle. Now I have answers to both questions!

We have a Willow Flycatcher!! So derned cute.

I also believe it or not saw my first King bird last week. I'd never seen one - this dude was just hanging out on a fence post -- so cute! I thought it was a swallow at first glance but then I saw it was some sort of flycatcher... derrr

and the blue birds are out in force - so adorable I'd never seen one until I moved to NJ. We actually have a family up on our hill in the woods. weird huh?

our house wrens are in our brand new bird houses immediately moved in -- no letting the human stench wear off. I'm glad - I love those guys even if they love eating out HUGE orb weaver spiders who's handy work I love to find every morning... until the wrens get too hungry.

ok... I've done my part <_< as ALWAYS....

and I hate my new laptops auto-spell correct -- NO I do NOT want to say that you schmucks at apple :rant:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 04 June 2012 - 08:49 AM.

I'm here for the party

#47 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

Yey! Lightening and Thunder!!! I love (safe) thunder storms.

I'm here for the party

#48 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

Dream last night!

All was me reading paper/magazine headlines
SS left his wife for a girl he had a crush on in high school Tanya.
I was shocked.
Tanya dumped him after 6 months
I thought Man that's always how it happens...
Stevens seen on red carpet with Uma Thurman

I woke up thinking what BS his dating Uma was. I have no idea what it all means :evil:

Dear Lord, nothing has changed! :doh1:
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#49 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

A foolish consistency is the hob.. highly amusing ... to small minds at least :uni:

I'm here for the party

#50 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

and on that note... retirement beckons.

:evil:

it had to happen some day.

Posted Image

I'm here for the party

#51 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

For you or Scotty? :D I'll have to read through this, I see there are some hunting stories. . .
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#52 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Haha -- well hockey is back and I guess I got over my snit - a snit at myself not zammy or anyone else on the board.

ANYHOW - so some people got sort of sad thinking about hunting cute fuzzy animals and so this is an interesting read.  I don't hunt but - having had to eat my dear roosters who turned into real a$$holes I do know how it is to have to eat a dear fuzzy creature.  That's why I hesitate to get my ram.  If we have a bunch of boys they'll have to be dinner at some point.  anyhow... so here:

http://honest-food.n...g-what-we-kill/

I'm here for the party

#53 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

I never could eat the farm animals. I would go vegetarian knowing that the pigs were going to be slaughtered or the chickens. Drove my family nuts. I still can't eat eggs to this day.

#54 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

I understand how that is.  My daughter is tough... but she said she can't hack a 4-H market lamb project (I add on the "yet"). 

For me, if I'm going to eat meat, I'm going to know the animal.  It's weird but I feel like it's more responsible. I do feel like hunting is the most fair to the animal.

What about unfertilized eggs?  Or is just the concept that grosses you out?

I'm here for the party

#55 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

This is very funny :evil:

http://www.npr.org/2...-of-sports-fans

I'm here for the party

#56 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Interesting read.  It made me chuckle. :)

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#57 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

PK,
Any venison in the freezer yet?
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#58 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

Still have some from last year sad to say.  I DID have three pheasant though!  Pheasant trotter pie and Haggis stuffed Pheasant.  Pheasant are easier to pluck than chickens! My husband got the best shot ever for a roasted Pheasant. 

Right now my husband and his brother are really grumpy because their dad just doesn't get hunting and let his local firehouse yahoo buddies hunt on their land -- he thinks there's enough room for everyone on 86 acres.  But these guys bring all of their relatives and jack deer - like three over their limit.  It's a free-for-all and my husband feels like a guest on his own land.  His dad just says it's MY land - when you take it over you can say who hunts and who doesn't. 

We had loggers cleaning up Sandy mess in our woods so even that was out this season.

How about you? 

I'm here for the party

#59 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

funniest dream.  I dreamt I was hosting a party in my childhood home - the Devils were there and the rookies were all fighting with the vets and finally bobby Holik and his wife sort of stomped off - they were in my bedroom and we were trying to figure out how to solve things and I was just letting Bob spout off and blow off some steam. 

Scott Stevens and his wife just extricated themselves and went into my parents bedroom.  Scotty just wanted to watch football.  But thing of it is -- it was my dad's room.  My dad can be cranky and stuff.  My parents weren't home yet and I was trying to get Scott to move to another room with a big screen and no one would bother him but he was all grumpy saying no he just needed the little TV to watch the game and de-stress. Donna was all supplicating and telling me to just give him his space. 

I just sort of shrugged and figured I'd let he and my dad hash it out if he was still there when my parents came home.  I sort of wanted to see who would win in that battle of wills anyhow. :giggle: Then later, I saw my mother and asked if daddy had caught Scott in his room - she said "Oh yeah"  "what did he do?"  "usual"  "did he yell?"  "of course!"  "what did Scott do?"  "He smiled a polite petulant little smile"  then I woke up.  :D

I'm here for the party

#60 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

almost every flippin' night of this holiday I've had Scott Stevens dreams.  I'm hardly even watching hockey.  I did go to a party with my old roller hockey friends, I did watch the winter classic.  I did look for but not find one of the Devils games on TV :noclue:  mostly though I'm sorry to say I'm obsessed with my Pointer dogs (as some of you may have noticed on facebook  :D ) and sheep and my house and stuff -- we had a New Years open house rather than the Christmas eve party.  Made me laugh because it's my husbands tradition - he's swedish decent and he made meatballs salmon Janssens temptation glogg that was kickass (I love Linie aquavit now -- I dont know what we had before but it was shiesse (that's my German heritage there  :P )  ANYHOW -- so we missed the Christmas eve thing -- we were stuck on NY thru way on this adorable sheet of ice and watched three accidents - it was bumper cars -- we got passed the fishtailing Adirondack trailways bus and the road was frighteningly clear - it was just before New Paltz - like one exit distance and we were there at least 2 hours.

ANYHOW!!!   So I DID watch the Devils Christmas tradition things and I thought it was cute that I got to tell my husband the New Years thing wad lithuanian.  We missed Uncle Jan's christmas eve open house and it was just such a bummer.  so....

I live for my daughters hobbies now wich is also actually really fun.  and last nights stevns dream he was ... sort of placing horse bets under my daughters name.  he woudl speak to us or even act like he knew we were there but I'd see this big sign  with our last name on it and what horses we bet on.  and one of his friends - this very fit but cute down to earth blonde lady sat with me talked about Stevens like we were old friends and asked if he was trying to get me on his idoplex work our regimen - she just coudln't stick with it but thank god he did because he was so old yet still so hot!  :rofl:  then she said I was lucky my husband was still young  ^_^ 

OK -- I have just way too much to do so -- this it -- got to get back to work!  I have no idea what I wrote just then I keep getting interrupted -- oh well -- BYE!

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users