72 replies to this topic

#61 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

as far as hockey -- what can I say -- I think this is the worst because I see the whole thing -- and understand the choices and think it's just crap.  Close enough to right but so far from successful just sucks - I can't take watching it.  it gets me really upset.  And come on,,, it's hockey and has nothing to do with me and even here -- it's stupid to get so really aggravated.  so... I just get temporarily MASSIVELY annoyed when I check the standing on THN app.

I'm here for the party

#62 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

It's Scott Stevens birthday.

The big five oh!  Oh!!

I'm here for the party

#63 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

I dont know why I was thinking about Stevens again recently. 

I dont that much now  :giggle: 

But when I do I alway poss in dees tred.

I wonder if I care enough to create a Most Interesting Hockey Dude Alive picture....

no.

I'm here for the party

#64 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Did you ever meet him?

#65 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

well... how do you define meet?  I have this problem with that whole speaking thing so... not really. 

I'm here for the party

#66 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

Did you ever meAt him?

SP corrected.

Now answer pk

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#67 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

he never did meAt me. 

I'm here for the party

#68 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

SOOOOO....

In real life, not a dream -- the dogs woke us up barking in the middle of the night Sunday.  All of a sudden out of the blue they got silent so I really woke up - Cory came into my our door way and looked at me like "DUDE!  Are you seeing this?  Are you going to do something or what?"  And that's just not like Emmadog - going silent. I checked on my daughter and she was fine.  Then I looked out our window and saw this adorable big fuzzy doe walking down our driveway and I just thought "you dogs are eejits.  Like you've never seens a deer in our yard?  She was RIGHT in front of our living room window but still.   THEN... a beautiful buck walked into the moonlight he was just an 8 pointer so cute though.  You know what they were doing in our front yard...

I'm a little sad about it just because Monday was the start of open season.  I hope he spread some good genes.

But wait -- there's more!

I'm here for the party

#69 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

yes....  yes of course I know dear.  Dear?  GEt IT???  Harharhar!!!

So I was searching for more SCott Stevens interviews Stardew was talkign about and happen upon This:

http://www.newjersey...etime-down.html

Then this:

http://www.scoutlook...php?article=175

Show my husband - who snorts and says he's just not in to trophy hunting.  He's been saying this a lot lately at hunting club dinners and stuff talking to my dad who isn't into hunting at all - he just hates gore and loves fuzzy animals. 

So now... this morning my husband is starting in... "there are all kinds of deer rubs and we still haven't cleared the Sandy rubble in our woods... so I'm not letting the dogs run around up the hill"   and now he's thinking maybe he should go out this week.  Heehee - his brother saw nothing during bow season - but he only takes one afternoon so really what does he expect.  My husband never got out during muzzle loader - that's his thing.... I dont want one of our yahoos getting that beautiful boy.    I hope he last a while and doesn't have this crazed millionaire with loads of spare time and a calloused ass on his tail ... I'm sure my husband will wuss out -- but the MAN in him wants to bag this guy now... I never should have shown him the Stevens stories  :giggle:

"No.  No. We would NOT be friends.  Guys are not friend with guys their wife thinks is hot.  That just not something guys do."

:rofl:  Oooooh I love my husband  :wub:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 10 December 2014 - 10:41 AM.

I'm here for the party

#70 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

Oh and we got our sheep back from their month long date!  WE may have a few adorable lambs come Easter.. but NOT FOR EATING... yet anyhow  <_<

I'm here for the party

#71 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

I knew he loved hunting.  Nice buck!  Time for some buckaroo burgers. ;)

Edited by StarDew, 10 December 2014 - 06:42 PM.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#72 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:26 AM

I just came across this thread and figured I'd respond to one old point: about needing an exterminator. I can think of lots of reasons barring some horrible infestation. Ants are a real PITA here in the part of Trenton I live in. We also get the odd mouse because we live next to a very large park. Then there are the dear ticks (and other ticks). I've had chronic Lyme Disease for 12 years and my wife and I are going to start looking into getting something oreventative done about ticks so our kids can play more safely outside. Lyme can be devastating and most people don't even know they've been bitten. This is a big problem here in NJ and not enough people know.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I've done my Lyme awareness post for the day. :)

Hmm... I've been falling down on the whole hockey thing much less Stevens...

so I searched on Scott Stevens hunting and found a NJ hunter message board with this (dated from back when his number was being retired)

My question... why would they be needing an exterminator? Eywwee? It's not rural up there....did a few mice freak them out? It's not like it's Manhattan with no convenient exit routes for vermin. ehh whatever.. :noclue:

Searching is weird... what sorts of things might I find? Maybe this is a bad idea... I think Stevens better make sure there's a snippet in the press about him once a month preferably with pictures just to keep me sated so I dont search and find out anything on... oh I dont know a urologist site or something... :yucky:

Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#73 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

Yeah -- but this is a dude he acts like he'd re-point his own bricks - and he calls an exterminator?  well -- I guess if you have a big old house with mice,  it'd be hard to find where the little bastards are getting in.  I don't know -- well -- my parents had a opossum keel over under the house and ended up with a HORRIBLE flea infestation. They had to rip their porch apart as well as exterminate.  

we found a gut pile in the woods on Saturday... well Cory the dog did  <_<  :yucky:   I hope it wasn't our big guy.  and I hate jacksses who hunt on our land without asking.  It's because we told them no --- they know no one shotgun hunts here - they're just such effin' yahoos...  I wish the gun club would use our land -- but it's all land-locked so just the neighborhood yahoos not welcome in the club end up in our back yard... man i'd love to smack their stupid sexists faces off

anyhow...  <_<   now I'm all grumpy...

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users