#21 SpeakoftheDevil(s)

SpeakoftheDevil(s)

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:05 PM

The Devils don't rebuild, We reload.

Hmmmmm I think the Yankees coined that phrase. The Devils share Few organizational philosophies with the Yanks. However, both win.

Edited by SpeakoftheDevil(s), 28 April 2004 - 05:06 PM.

"Weakness is provacative, it often intices people to do what they oridnarily wouldn't"

Posted Image

Steinbrenner quickly responded to the RedSox Owner, (who was complaining about the Yankees signing of ARod), saying: "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction." In regards to

#22 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:18 PM

If the league does go to some sort of salary cap as many expect, we should be in as good a shape as anyone. Tampa Bay, Ottawa, San Jose and a few others have also developed pretty good rosters while keeping $$$ in mind, but I would assume Detroit, Colorado, Toronto and Philly stand to take the biggest steps backwards.

When the Flyers are put in the position that their success is fully dependant upon Clarke's brainpower, that's when CLARKE will start crying about allowing more teams in the playoffs....
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#23 cyrisjoe

cyrisjoe

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:52 PM

i dont think the problem was stevens not here, i think the problem was there was no one to fill the whole.

#24 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:48 PM

i dont think the problem was stevens not here, i think the problem was there was no one to fill the whole.

I absolutely agree, compounded by the fact that Daneyko retired so there was nobody to pick up the slack physically.

Edited by PhillyDevil, 28 April 2004 - 08:48 PM.

#25 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:32 AM

Since I highly doubt there will be an NHL next year I have total confidence in 2005 NJ will have a fairly strong team compared to many in out conference. We are extreamly young compared to Toronto and Philly. Boston has too many key UFA's to sign next year and their prospect depth is really low. That will give Parise, Suglobov, Pihlman, Ahonen and DeMarchi an extra year in the AHL to build confidence and develop skills to ready themselves for the NHL. The only teams I see comming out of the CBA wars with a better team then us would be Ottawa and Tampa. Montreal will be neck and neck with us IMO with Perezhogin, Higgins, and Kastitsyn alll ready to grap a spot after years in the AHL. Atlanta may also surprise alot of people, had they had Lehotnen's goaltending all year they may have made the playoffs.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#26 Devil Dog

Devil Dog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (PhillyDevil @ Apr 28 2004, 05:13 PM)
If the league does go to some sort of salary cap as many expect, we should be in as good a shape as anyone. Tampa Bay, Ottawa, San Jose and a few others have also developed pretty good rosters while keeping $$$ in mind, but I would assume Detroit, Colorado, Toronto and Philly stand to take the biggest steps backwards

I agree. Until we know what the NHL will look like it will be very hard to judge what this team can do. And the potential cap is just one issue. If the league does in fact make changes that open the game up it may be that faster, smaller more skilled teams will be better positioned. In that case, teams like the Flyers could be even more disadvantaged given how they are structured. Some of the weaknesses we showed in this years playoffs could very well become our strength when hockey resumes.

In any case, I have faith that Lou and Dave Conte will put the right players together that will keep us strong competitiors.
George Martin and Son should be shot for what they did to The Beatles.

The Eagle picks my eye, the worm he licks my bones.
Feel so suicidal, just like Dylan's Mr. Jones.

Is this heaven? No its Iowa.

#27 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:20 PM

Hey, we started rebuilding last year and we won a Cup and finished with 100 pts. respectively. Not bad!!!! All we need is a little size and 1 player to administer a center ice hit from time to time and we're set ((Oh yeah, an offensive coordinator). :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users