139 replies to this topic

#121 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

o whatever quit calling those people out, it was right after the game ended, of course there are gonna be hostile emotions

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#122 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Well, let's hope the losing streak stops sooner rather than later.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#123 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

I don't think people are mad because the devils are no longer going to finish the season undefeated but because of the lousy effort they displayed today. I can take a loss, but not a half assed performance.

Edited by devlman, 11 February 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#124 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

I don't think people are mad because the devils are no longer going to finish the season undefeated but because of the lousy effort they displayed today. I can take a loss, but not a half assed performance.

nicely put

because it was embarrassing

#125 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,187 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

o whatever quit calling those people out, it was right after the game ended, of course there are gonna be hostile emotions

It was before the game too lol, the cockiness made me roll my eyes.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#126 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#127 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

came out strong but ran out of gas quickly. a clunker all around, D-men didnt want to skate with the puck and the fowards didnt effort for space and passing lanes , no puck luck, etc etc hiding foster is becoming a problem, larsson better get his bruised butt back on the ice

#128 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

in my opinion there was no excuse for some of kovalchuks plays, he was gliding wayyy to much.

#129 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Glad I was really busy today and could not watch the game.

Disappointed for sure but not pissed. Devils were due for a stinker. Just as long as we finish in 6th ill be happy.

#130 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Are we in 6th or 7th now?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#131 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

F'n A
Posted Image Posted Image

#132 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,187 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

That's the trouble with most of you, you equate losing with being half assed. If the Devils came out half assed, explain the first ten minutes? Problem is Florida's not quite the pushover most of you think, once they tied the game and got their own game legs the game changed and once they got the lead they really clamped down. We lost our way a bit, but when you almost need the perfect play to score you're gonna try too hard to make the perfect play. And when they stack four guys up at the blueline once you get there, good luck with that. They put on a clinic on how to protect a lead. A clinic. Not sitting back and getting outshot 15-1 in the third.

Anyone that 'still' thinks Florida would be a pushover matchup in the playoffs just hasn't watched these four games against them this year. They were even for a reason, and we'd at the very least be even in the standings if not for their eleven OT/SO losses and our 12 OT/SO wins.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 12 February 2012 - 10:19 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#133 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

That's the trouble with most of you, you equate losing with being half assed. If the Devils came out half assed, explain the first ten minutes? Problem is Florida's not quite the pushover most of you think, once they tied the game and got their own game legs the game changed and once they got the lead they really clamped down. We lost our way a bit, but when you almost need the perfect play to score you're gonna try too hard to make the perfect play. And when they stack four guys up at the blueline once you get there, good luck with that. They put on a clinic on how to protect a lead. A clinic. Not sitting back and getting outshot 15-1 in the third.

Anyone that 'still' thinks Florida would be a pushover matchup in the playoffs just hasn't watched these four games against them this year. They were even for a reason, and we'd at the very least be even in the standings if not for their eleven OT/SO losses and our 12 OT/SO wins.

Agree with most parts but Florida or even washington is a better matchup than the rags, Boston Philly and even Pitts.

#134 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Are we in 6th or 7th now?

We're in 6th but can't afford to lose another game any time soon. We win 5 in a row and it almost doesn't matter. 0 separation at this point. It's very frustrating, but could be worse.
I can't believe I'm actually rooting for the Rags to win today. The Caps aren't far behind the Devils either so we need them to lose. Unfortunately, the Devils will be 11 points behind the Rags after today if they win, I think we were only 6 points behind them a few days ago. One can still dream I guess.
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#135 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

The Panthers are certainly not a pushover. I was in attendance at our first game versus them this season, my first ever Devils road game... I still have the picture on my phone of the scoreboard that reads 3-0 NJD with 7 minutes to go in the first... :(

Like I said yesterday, Clemmensen certainly has our number. I feel like the Caps would be our best matchup (if the tourny started today), although we've played quite a few nailbiters with them too.

The Devils will lose some like this but they'll learn. Certainly does not wash away that last week of awesomeness.

#136 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

We're in 6th but can't afford to lose another game any time soon. We win 5 in a row and it almost doesn't matter. 0 separation at this point. It's very frustrating, but could be worse.
I can't believe I'm actually rooting for the Rags to win today. The Caps aren't far behind the Devils either so we need them to lose. Unfortunately, the Devils will be 11 points behind the Rags after today if they win, I think we were only 6 points behind them a few days ago. One can still dream I guess.

You can root for the Caps. If they win they'll be in 8th. Any more points and they'd swap with the Panthers. Doesn't affect our place much.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#137 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

You can root for the Caps. If they win they'll be in 8th. Any more points and they'd swap with the Panthers. Doesn't affect our place much.

Crap. Well the Rags won but honestly that's just another team on our tail that lost an important game. Now lets go Tampa and Detriot.

#138 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

In bold: yes, some of this board seems to do that a lot. They can't ever give the other team credit, it's that that Devils didn't try enough, the Devils weren't into it, blah blah blah. Or the old classic: "Devils need to play 60 minutes." Like every other team in the NHL plays 60 minutes, except the Devils.

That was just the 8th regulation loss for the Devils in the past 30 GP. That's pretty damned good, especially for a team clearly has some holes. I'll never understand the "every game is a winnable entity" mentality. Even if people want to throw out the "Devils should've gotten up for this game" after a loss (not saying that applies to this particular game), NO NHL team gets up for all 82 games on the schedule. Just doesn't happen. Teams get tired, sometimes check out mentally for a game here and there...some fans will say "They get paid to play hard every sngle game blah blah blah", but it simply does not work that way and it never will, as long as human beings are the ones wearing the uniforms.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#139 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the advice on how to be a fan guys

#140 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the advice on how to be a fan guys

Hahahahaha. If there ever was a single phrase that contains the entire spirit of Devils fans as a whole, this is it lol.

Bravo you fine sir!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users