#1 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

http://bleacherrepor...s-smart-for-all

Despite the fact that Parise has said that he wants to test the open market if he doesn’t get re-signed by the Devils, the team has remained adamant that they will not trade him at all.

Unless the Devils want to watch their best player walk for nothing, GM Lou Lamoriello needs to reassess the situation and get a star in return for the star he can’t retain. That’s where Nash comes in.

If Parise wants big money, the Nash trade and the lack of big names would allow the Jackets to pay Parise as much as any team in the NHL.

If winning the Stanley Cup right now can take a backseat to making an enormous amount of money, staying in Columbus might not be the worst-case scenario for Parise.

While the deal is still off-the-wall, there is a chance that something this big could go down this season. Let’s see if teams get desperate enough to pull the trigger.

New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#2 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

Makes no sense for the jackets to take on a rental let alone trading their superstar for a rental

believe-zubrus.jpg

#3 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Perhaps Carter plus their first rounder (could be 1st overall) would be more realistic.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#4 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

First overall would mean we could surrender our first to bettman
Devils.

#5 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

1st Overall & Carter?

I'd probably bite. Still think that's a ridiculous overpayment for a rental though, on CB's part

Edited by Devilsfan118, 12 February 2012 - 07:59 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Makes no sense for the jackets to take on a rental let alone trading their superstar for a rental

Especially because Zach has said he wants to be on a winning team, and I'm sure he looks at the standings :giggle:
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

1st Overall & Carter?

I'd probably bite. Still think that's a ridiculous overpayment for a rental though, on CB's part

I'm guessing that like with Kovy and Atlanta, Lou will try to negotiate Zach an extension (even if they agree no keep it hush hush until the end of the season), and only trade him if it looks like Lou won't be able to get a reasonable deal either then or over the summer..

So if Zach goes in a trade, I think we'll know that he wouldn't have resigned in the summer
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

How is that smart for CBJ? Most retarded thing I've ever heard.
Posted Image

#9 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Parise would never re-sign in Columbus. Plus it would be incredibly stupid to send Nash here for a rental.

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

STOP!!

This is the most idiotic of rumors. Just ask yourself why such a deal makes any sense for Columbus. It doesn't. Story over.

Edited by Daniel, 12 February 2012 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#11 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Simply put, that Bleacher Report is just plain idiotic. The trade makes zero sense from virtually any perspective.

#12 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Of course it's ridiculous but it's great psy ops. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the organization floated this. Parise doesn't have an NTC so he knows he's vulnerable and this might give him more incentive to strike a mid-season deal.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#13 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Simply put, that Bleacher Report is just plain idiotic. The trade makes zero sense from virtually any perspective.

Well Said! :clap2:

815631765.gif

#14 JustinZ

JustinZ

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Of course it's ridiculous but it's great psy ops. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the organization floated this. Parise doesn't have an NTC so he knows he's vulnerable and this might give him more incentive to strike a mid-season deal.

How is he vulnerable? He's a free agent at the end of the season. It's not like us trading him there would trap him there. He would be there for 25 games then go where he wants in the off season.

Plus Columbus would never do this without him signing an extension as part of the deal, and he said he wants to win, so he would never sign an extension there.
Posted Image

#15 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

How is he vulnerable? He's a free agent at the end of the season. It's not like us trading him there would trap him there. He would be there for 25 games then go where he wants in the off season.

Plus Columbus would never do this without him signing an extension as part of the deal, and he said he wants to win, so he would never sign an extension there.

You're completely missing the point of my post. Parise doesn't have an NTC. My pontification was based on the idea that Parise knows he could be traded anywhere by deadline day.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#16 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

You're completely missing the point of my post. Parise doesn't have an NTC. My pontification was based on the idea that Parise knows he could be traded anywhere by deadline day.

Parise would only have to stay there a few months before he could leave. No real pressure on Parise.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#17 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

End of thread.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#18 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,442 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

lets get our sh!t together financialy, trade parise for Nash straight up then Zach sign here on july 1st... cup will be ours

edit: well if thats overkill lets trade Nash for Weber after during the summer

Edited by SterioDesign, 13 February 2012 - 02:58 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#19 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:11 AM

What a pipe dream. :koolaid:
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#20 TomsRiverDevil

TomsRiverDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

had a dream this trade happened, and it was weird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users