38 replies to this topic

#21 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

Imagine he wouldn't sign an extension and got traded and then the devils went on to win the cup this season without him.

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

How is that smart for CBJ? Most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Maybe Columbus wants to get Nash's contract off their books? Maybe they think Zach would be the better long-term investment? That being noted, the article is nothing more than the author thinking aloud...I don't think this something that has any chance of happening, or has ever been discussed by the people who matter. But we've seen teams sign players to these mega-deals before and decide to move them not long after they were signed...see the Flyers with Carter and Richards.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

The article was just speculation and pure rumor.... I took it at face value that it was just playing scenario's.... of course we will read these type of articles until Parise signs a contract....
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#24 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Even for a trade rumor, this is pretty stupid. There is no way Zach would sign in Columbus given everything he's said about wanting to play on a winning team, and Columbus has to know that. There's also no way Columbus would trade afor a super-star rental by gettng rid of their own superstar in the deal, especially when they are the worst team in the NHL and have no realistic shot at making the playoffs.
Posted Image

#25 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

And another reason: Columbus would not trade their best player who is signed for multiple years for a rental. Also, Parise won't want to stay there.

That's for anyone who hasn't read it in every other post ITT!

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

I can't believe how long this thread has lasted (she writes, keeping the life it in further still)

I'm here for the party

#27 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

well everything i would've said has basically already been said. i am confident though, that whatever ends up happening will be our best option. because if we trade him, he was leaving anyway

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#28 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

People, people, people ... I think we're all missing the point here. The real question is: Will Lou allow Nash to continue wearing 61, or will he force him to take something below 30?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#29 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

People, people, people ... I think we're all missing the point here. The real question is: Will Lou allow Nash to continue wearing 61, or will he force him to take something below 30?

lol

Posted Image

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

I can't wait until the trade deadline ends and all this inane speculation goes away. Two more weeks...

And another reason: Columbus would not trade their best player who is signed for multiple years for a rental. Also, Parise won't want to stay there.

That's for anyone who hasn't read it in every other post ITT!

Columbus is only 900 points out of a playoff spot, why wouldn't they trade for a rental? :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Whoever started this thread, will u please explain to us why you put that this trade is, "smart for all" in the title?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#32 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Didn't start this, but that's what it says in the article.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#33 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

Bleacher Report is like The Onion for sports, right?

#34 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Literrally almost anyone can write on Bleacher Report:
http://bleacherrepor...ld_write_for_br

It's a joke. This guy has no insights into the thought processes of either team. Calling this a rumor is unfair to rumors.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#35 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Bleacher Report is like The Onion for sports, right?

lol
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#36 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,618 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

I can't believe how long this thread has lasted (she writes, keeping the life it in further still)

This thread must never die.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#37 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

In addition to having one of the best handles on the board, halfsharkalligatorhalfman also summed up this viability of this thread all too perfectly, "Calling this a rumor is unfair to rumors." I couldn't have said it better myself.

Game. Set. Єklund (2.3% accurate).

#38 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

By the way, I didn't realize that when you type in the word, "Єklund (2.3% accurate)" in your post, the forum automatically adds the (2.3% accurate) into the copy. Man, how awesome is that? I'm still laughing. Ingenious.

Edited by mort4345, 13 February 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#39 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

Whoever started this thread, will u please explain to us why you put that this trade is, "smart for all" in the title?

posted straight from the "article"... with link. actually its not really an article, its more like someones opinion written into a BLOG. lol

of course you will get these rumors.... Zach hasnt signed a long term deal yet and Nash is unhappy on a last place team.... both super stars in the league.... let the rumors FLY! LOL!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users