50 replies to this topic

#21 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,439 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

So basically you are all saying you can evaluate better than a GM and coach at the NHL level.

Ok I guess I'm cool with that.

Aristotle says that appeal to authority is the weakest form of argument.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#22 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Aristotle was a terrible hockey coach.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#23 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Zharkov drew a good amount of penalties for the number that he took. He might be the fastest player on the big club as well. Ultra reliable in the defensive zone and he could kill penalties. The Devils better start looking for other pker's too, eventually Parise, Kovy and Elias are going to burn out killing penalties.

#24 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

i dont see a problem with this.. i mean why not, there isn't a load of talent on our 4th line so it makes sense to at least try someone new for at least a test. Veilleux should take the place of Janssen

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#25 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

#FREEZHARKOV

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

Please. You are the biggest know-it-all arm chair coach there is.

#27 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

So basically you are all saying you can evaluate better than a GM and coach at the NHL level.

Ok I guess I'm cool with that.

Gotta admit, I hate when posters resort to the "I have nothing more to argue so I'll argue that there's no point in these boards" argument.

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

Gotta admit, I hate when posters resort to the "I have nothing more to argue so I'll argue that there's no point in these boards" argument.

I never said that. Where are you interpreting that from what I posted? I like the boards I just think the view on zharkov is wrong. Where am I stating that these boards have no point?

I am glad that you are the righteous one here and you just taught me a lesson. I really needed this wake up call.

#29 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

I never said that. Where are you interpreting that from what I posted? I like the boards I just think the view on zharkov is wrong. Where am I stating that these boards have no point?

I am glad that you are the righteous one here and you just taught me a lesson. I really needed this wake up call.

As soon as you don't argue back with reason and resort to a, "Well your opinion isn't valid because you don't know what the pros know" argument you have lost the debate. Every other posts on these boards is either someone agreeing or disagreeing with something the Devils do. If everyone who disagrees is wrong because they aren't an NHL GM then there is no point in these boards. And besides that, the pros are far from infallible.

#30 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,439 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

As soon as you don't argue back with reason and resort to a, "Well your opinion isn't valid because you don't know what the pros know" argument you have lost the debate. Every other posts on these boards is either someone agreeing or disagreeing with something the Devils do. If everyone who disagrees is wrong because they aren't an NHL GM then there is no point in these boards. And besides that, the pros are far from infallible.

Exactly this - I couldn't've said it better.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#31 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

isnt zharkov our corsi leader? :noclue:

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

And you like others took my sarcastic comment way too seriously so calm down a bit.

I know everyone has an opinion and I'm not going to take that away so I'm not arguing that. I just find it funny how I see someone here always mention zharkov when he has shown pretty much the same thing that most minor leaguers and 4th line scrubs do. If he is that talented, then what is Lou and company waiting for with this guy? If you take this and my post before as a threat to the board then I think you took too big of a leap there.

Hell if I really wanted to, I could have made my earlier post far more condescending like a certain prolific know-it-all on here whenever someone disagrees with him. Yet I didn't.

#33 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

And you like others took my sarcastic comment way too seriously so calm down a bit.

and now we have retreat and retraction. Thank you Sun Tzu.

#34 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

and now we have retreat and retraction. Thank you Sun Tzu.

Lol if that makes you happy.

You certainly showed me

#35 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Two additional token french guys, this is sure to be a cup run.

You guys can argue CORSI and metrics and all this other crap all you want, but I'll take French Canadians and players on the playoff tickets every time, thankyaverymuch.

Post of the Day, Jas0n. Post of the day.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#36 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

You guys can argue CORSI and metrics and all this other crap all you want, but I'll take French Canadians and players on the playoff tickets every time, thankyaverymuch.

Post of the Day, Jas0n. Post of the day.

Yeah if you look at our history... Brodeur and Lemieux were french and stevens, daneyko, niedermayer,maclean and muller were canadian..you can never have too much of those haha

www.SterioDesign.com

#37 Guadana

Guadana

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

that is reason why european players have just 3 Conn Smythe Trophy. and i don`t really sure that malkin`s trophy wasn`t pay for hartable season

Edited by Guadana, 14 February 2012 - 04:25 AM.

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#38 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Aristotle was a terrible hockey coach.

:lol:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#39 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yeah if you look at our history... Brodeur and Lemieux were french and stevens, daneyko, niedermayer,maclean and muller were canadian..you can never have too much of those haha

I think he's referring to Marty claiming that having another French Canadian on the roster is good Cup luck. Lemieux and Richer in 95, Lemieux in 2000, and Pascal Rheaume in 2003. I think Marty joked about it in his book.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#40 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

What, you don't know any Socrates?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvYRqsRZ7vE
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users