432 replies to this topic

#201 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

if brooks is to be believed, the league may have put the kibosh on this deal because the devils would be increasing salary and they're not happy about it.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#202 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Apparantly 10 teams had scouts at our game last night

Source? Which teams?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#203 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

if brooks is to be believed, the league may have put the kibosh on this deal because the devils would be increasing salary and they're not happy about it.

Not sure if I would believe him, but it certainly makes sense given the financial situation and how our owners are feuding. I wonder how much input the league has in things like this when they haven't taken control of the team yet.
Posted Image

#204 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,580 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

I could see them being upset about salary for next year, but this would only be an increase of $900,000 for this year. The fact that the Wild had scouts at the last two Devils' games seems to suggest otherwise - that the two teams may still be interested in dealing. I can't see the Wild being buyers and the last two teams they played were decidedly sellers.

Edited by Triumph, 20 February 2012 - 11:28 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#205 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

I have a feeling the reason Palmieri is up with the club is that he's being showcased for a trade.. That said, he was really hustling last night, a real bright spot on the 4th line.

We'll see what happens.

#206 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

I don't want to get rid of Palmieri. The alternative on the 4th line is so so bad.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#207 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

If ya'll are telling me that the league rejected the trade because we are increasing salary then I just can't believe it. Do they expect us not to make a Cup run?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#208 jamieleewv

jamieleewv

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

If ya'll are telling me that the league rejected the trade because we are increasing salary then I just can't believe it. Do they expect us not to make a Cup run?

That would not surprise me given that the league hates the devils. Bettman must be loathing the fact we are 4th in the conference right now

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

#209 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

I don't want to get rid of Palmieri. The alternative on the 4th line is so so bad.

That's like saying you don't want to get rid of herpes because you already have crabs.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#210 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

Kind of a ballsy move by the league considering they've been letting Phoenix make trades for the last couple of years.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#211 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

That's like saying you don't want to get rid of herpes because you already have crabs.

:rofl:
Put food on my family

#212 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Kind of a ballsy move by the league considering they've been letting Phoenix make trades for the last couple of years.

It's a different scenario. The NHL owns the team, which has to continue to operate and make every effort to be competitive. I read somewhere that the NHL gives the Coyotes a budget before 7/1 each season, and they are expected to keep within it. If, for some reason, Phoenix wants to add salary during the season that would put them over that budget, them must first get the leagues' approval before they can make the transaction.

Here, the Devils are trying to work out their money issues without having the league take over the team. Adding salary, when you are already $80 million in debt and looking for investors in a minority share of the team isn't necessarily the best idea, and I'm sure Count Chocula reminded the team of it once those rumors started surfacing. Whether he would have the power to kill the deal or not if the Devils insisted it go through is another story.
Posted Image

#213 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

coyotes just took on 3.75M per year, so i doubt they can say anything to the devils about operations. well it's moot if the story of the benefactor is true anyway.

plus devils are a far better bet at return for a salary increase than yotes will ever dream of being.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#214 GregKulaga

GregKulaga

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Zidlicky for Tedenby, straight yup.
#1 Fan of "Rodcast" Rod Pelley's fishing and hockey podcast

#215 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Posted ImageTom Gulitti @TGfireandiceIt looks like Foster could be going back to Minnesota in trade for Zidlicky. Not official, yet.

1dun.jpg

#216 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Kypreos is saying on twitter Zidlicky to Devs is almost done
Posted Image Posted Image

#217 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Michael Russo ‏ @Russostrib

Talked to Kurtis Foster by phone. Was supposed to play, #njdevils told him not to, but he has not been told he's being traded to #mnwild
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#218 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

Foster said via text said he was told by Devils tonight they wanted him to rest 1 more game. Said he hasn't heard anything about a trade. TG on twitter

#219 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Foster said via text said he was told by Devils tonight they wanted him to rest 1 more game. Said he hasn't heard anything about a trade. TG on twitter

#StatusQuo

#220 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,204 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yeah they want him to rest, god forbid he gets hurt while they're finalizing the deal lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users