432 replies to this topic

#401 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

Yeah and they also saw that he didn't seem interested in realizing his potential or capabilities. They demoted him to the 4th line, put him in the minors. Nothing seemed to light a fire with him.

Then again, hes only 22 and still developing. He never seemed to have an attitude or work ethic problem to me.

#402 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Looking forward to seeing him take the ice against Tampa! *Crosses fingers that Lou knows what he's doing*
Posted Image Posted Image

#403 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Lol Pierre Dagenais...I actually saw him play and got his autograph during tonight's Outlaws game. Has 70 goals so far in the FHL. LOL

He's in NJDevs fantasy hockey league... damn..... :P

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#404 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,799 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Then again, hes only 22 and still developing. He never seemed to have an attitude or work ethic problem to me.

You can probably find posts from 2008 by JasonMacIsaac talking about Palmieri's work ethic problems.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#405 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

I was looking for a Jason post; didn't find anything off a quick glance - but did come across this prophetical post in '09 about JJ:

I have a feeling New Jersey may select Jacob Josefson from Sweden. A less physical version of Nicklas Backstrom. They will have to trade up to get him.

I say he falls to 17-20, defensmen seem to go earlier then expected every year and there are alot of defensmen in this draft. If we got Josefson or De Haan I would be pleased.

A full month before too.
We did draft JJ
We did need to trade up for him
They did go early - 8 dmen went in top 19

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#406 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Also:

Jason MacIsaac @MacIsaacFCA palmieri/zidlicky trade seems almost certain

5:33 PM - 19 Feb 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details/random Jason love.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#407 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice
Zidlicky will be paired with Volchenkov. Larsson will be back with Salvador. Greene and Fayne stay together.

#408 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Is it just me, or does the puck seem to slide right under his stick EVERY time?
Devils.

#409 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Is it just me, or does the puck seem to slide right under his stick EVERY time?

He couldnt hold a puck in at the blue line for his life. I didn't know if that was more frustrating than his reluctance to shoot.

#410 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Not impressed either although I have to admit the 'one' PP they got tonight actually looked good. But yeah this guy's giving Foster a run for his money for hideous defense.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#411 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Zid's had a rough couple days though (flying all over, being sleep deprived, back-to-back games). I don't think it's fair to form an opinion on him so soon. It always takes a bit of time before players begin to fit in.

#412 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

He couldnt hold a puck in at the blue line for his life.

Noone was able to keep it in last night.. Hell, they had trouble moving the puck slowly up the middle of the ice sometimes..
Posted Image

#413 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

Zid's had a rough couple days though (flying all over, being sleep deprived, back-to-back games). I don't think it's fair to form an opinion on him so soon. It always takes a bit of time before players begin to fit in.

Part of the problem with trades (especially deadline deals) is that many fans expect the guy to jump right and start doing his thing from his first shift on. There's usually some kind of adjustment period, and in Zid's case, he had to deal with travel and back-to-back games right off the bat.

He very well may not to turn out to be much help, but I gotta give him at least 10 games or so before I start to worry...and even then, would his shortcomings be any worse than Foster's?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 28 February 2012 - 07:15 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#414 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

I am not sure how we can start "blaming " zidlicky for his poor play for the last couple losses..... What about the lack of offensive and goal scoring? AND Adam Larsson has been terrible since he came back from injury.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#415 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

The ice at Madison Square Garden is awful. You can find better ice at the bottom of a bowl of soup. Pucks were missing sticks all night long, not just Zid's.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#416 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'm more scared by the end of the Lightning game. He ices the puck and looks gassed when he should have skated it up. Probably wouldn't have mattered, but he'd better be conditioned enough to finish his shifts, especially at the end of games with the goalie out. Hopefully it was just the effects of a day game following the rough flight, but considering his past health issues, that raised a red flag for me.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#417 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

The ice at Madison Square Garden is awful. You can find better ice at the bottom of a bowl of soup. Pucks were missing sticks all night long, not just Zid's.

while it was true forever that the ice has been bad at MSG, the ice at the garden this year is actually very good. the ice @ the rock is among the worst in the league. neither of these facts are secrets.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#418 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

I missed his two games away with work. An unbiased opinion, how did he looks and where did he look weak.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 28 February 2012 - 05:37 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#419 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

He looked like shiit defensively and looked afraid to shoot on offense, however I did think he had some creativity on the offensive zone.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#420 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

I missed his two games away with work. An unbiased opinion, how did he looks and where did he look weak.

For me, it's tough to really judge him so far. He's played a game where he had no practice with the team and a game where there was no offensive flow for anyone on either team.

Positives:

He's picking spots to skate hard up the weakside during breakouts when a winger has dropped back into the defensive zone to skate the puck up the strong side. He's been enormously open with lots of speed when doing this, but nobody was used to having a defenseman skate that aggressively during a breakout. Once guys get used to this it should force other teams to spread wider in the neutral zone, and hopefully other defenseman on the Devils will start copying this as it's fairly low risk with a good reward.

He hasn't been shy in going deep in the offensive zone when he's seen opportunities. So far he's seemed to use fairly good judgement on when to do this, and when Devils players start to get used to it it should be more effective. At worst, it will force the other teams to respect that Zid may go deep and divide defensive attention.

The PP may be moving more with him up top, but limited chances so who knows if that's real or random.

His passing seems fine, although I think he may be a little too aggressive with it. Maybe similar to Kovy, when things aren't working they both might try to force big plays to open it up, instead of staying patient.

Negatives:

Seems weak along the boards. Definitely hasn't been winning a lot of puck battles in the defensive zone.

Has struggled with puck control at times, but it's been so limited that could just be random.

He's been on the wrong side of the other team during the opponents breakout a few times. I think he's trying to be aggressive but he's letting opponents sit behind him with an open passing lane. It's almost like he's a football cornerback playing off a receiver trying to dare the QB to throw a pass so the CB can try to make an interception. Definitely a gambler.

--------------------

Seems to me that if the Devils can get him to forget about offense when they don't have the puck and continue to think aggressively when the Devils do have the puck, then he should bring a good added dimension to the blueline.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users