432 replies to this topic

#141 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

He's also a UFA. 3 goals 8 assists +1 this season. Might be a good choice as opposed to Zidlicky who has another year after this one at 4 mil.

#142 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

i like kubina in that he's not signed for next year (in comparison to zidlicky) but he'll cost more in trade and frankly, i don't think either of them is an upgrade over what's here now.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#143 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

No thanks to Kubina. What's the point?

#144 jamieleewv

jamieleewv

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Foster + 3rd is a good deal for zidlicky. But thats the most i would give up. I would not trade taormina he has potential he gets a lot of hate but he is a good player and he is still under 25 so lots of room to grow and improve.

People saying keep foster and get zidlicky makes no sense. Zidlicky is just as good at the point on the pp as foster, pretty surr i read somewhere 42 of his 60 goals have come on the pp. Unless they are thinking of moving kovy from the point but i doubt that.

I really do not like foster. Sure he has a good shot and is decent on the pp but thats it. Whats the point in dressing 7 d men and only using foster on the pp its a waste.

If the devils are going to trade for a d man foster should be in the deal. But not taormina. Thats my view.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

#145 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

Zidlicky is a healthy scratch for tonight's game apparently.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#146 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Zidlicky is a healthy scratch for tonight's game apparently.

Hasn't he been scratched for a while though?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#147 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

The extra year at $4 million makes this a non-starter.

The only significant salary that you might be sending the other way would be Greene and/or Zubrus to offset the difference. While I still hate the amount of money being shelled out to Greene, the savings of a Zidilicky/Greene swap are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. (Over two years, you save about $4 million, assuming Zidlicky gets replaced with someone with a league average d-man salary).

Zubrus, while a bit overpaid, is more valuable than Zidlicky every could be.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#148 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hasn't he been scratched for a while though?

No actually the Wild said he played his best hockey of the season the past three games.

This is getting Wild (get it?) though... wow.

This is all from @Russostrib Michael Russo from the Tribune up in Minny.

#mnwild source: Zidlicky to be scratched for #jets

#mnwild source confirms no Zidlicky trade yet; this is a team decision, apparently mostly by coach Mike Yeo

Zidlicky unavailable for comment today - per #mnwild PR

Yeo on sitting Zidlicky: "I'm making an assumption that his head would not be in the right place to play this game tonight." #mnwild

I'm being told wholeheartedly this was a Mike Yeo decision, that more than anything, playing Zidlicky is the wrong msg to #mnwildteammates

#149 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

If he is traded to the Devils, we have to nickname him Licky.

#150 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'd rather have Zidlicky instead of Kubina since he would cost less in actual assets. The extra year on Zidlicky's deal doesn't concern me with numerous contracts coming off the books after this season.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#151 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

this guys desire to move, his no trade, and his big contract make his trade value worth less than foster and a 3rd pick i would think

still think he's an upgrade over foster so im for the move if you can move foster and a low pick for him
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#152 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

It's good for him that he has a no trade... but his comments forced Yeo to alienate the crap out of him as far as the rest of the team goes. He can dictate where he goes but there's no way he can go back in that locker room it seems.

#153 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Would honestly rather re-sign Salvador to a 1-yr contract at about 2.5 than trade for Zidlicky (since Sal is the only D coming off the books after this year), and Foster. Just doesn't make sense to me to add another 4 mill to the back-end when many of the players are already on contracts slightly above their actual worth. We may have other stuff coming off the books (Marty, Parise, etc), but that doesn't mean we should just continue to add at positions where we already have some degree of depth. If NJ ever wants to go out and try for a truly impact D, then yes (but as many note, those are rare). Zidlicky ain't one of them.

The only way a trade for Zid would be palatable to me is if we send Tallinder's contract the other way. I'd tolerate sending Greene the other way, but I don't think NJ will do that. And I doubt the Wild want Tallinder's deal.

#154 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Kubina could make some sense if Tallinder isn't going to be healthy anytime soon. Expiring contracts are much less risky. That said, is Kubina at this stage of his career much better offensively on the PP than Taormina, Foster, etc.? You might call him an upgrade, but I honestly haven't watched him this season. It still creates a glut on D, but maybe NJ doesn't wanna have to use Taormina or Larsson much in the playoffs.

#155 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Lou has liked Kubina for years. I'd much rather him then Licky.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#156 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Lou has liked Kubina for years. I'd much rather him then Licky.

Yeah, as evidenced by ... what exactly?

Salvador at 2.5M next year would be a disaster. He turned 36 5 days ago. He's playing capable hockey, and he's excellent on the PK, but 5 on 5 he's not been very good this year.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#157 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, as evidenced by ... what exactly?

Salvador at 2.5M next year would be a disaster. He turned 36 5 days ago. He's playing capable hockey, and he's excellent on the PK, but 5 on 5 he's not been very good this year.

Yeah, I'd rather not resign him at all and not trade for Zid. Let Taormina, Urbom--let them keep developing and playing NHL hockey. My response was just aimed at the "guys on expiring deals" thought thread.

#158 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Here are some other trade options:

MAB from Tampa,
Tampa Bay is sinking right now and they sure could use a defensive defense man. Although MAB might actually be worse defensively than Foster.

Streit from NYI
, 31 points this year with an atrocious -21 though. Maybe? Cap hit is to high I think.

just realized how awesome karlsson is doing for the sens. hope larsson can become like him :)

#159 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

Here are some other trade options:

MAB from Tampa,
Tampa Bay is sinking right now and they sure could use a defensive defense man. Although MAB might actually be worse defensively than Foster.

Streit from NYI
, 31 points this year with an atrocious -21 though. Maybe? Cap hit is to high I think.

just realized how awesome karlsson is doing for the sens. hope larsson can become like him :)

Our defense is decent enough. Unless we're giving up entirely on re-signing Parise, I don't want anyone who we're on the hook for more than $2 m. in salary past this year.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#160 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Our defense is decent enough. Unless we're giving up entirely on re-signing Parise, I don't want anyone who we're on the hook for more than $2 m. in salary past this year.

Theres been time for Parise to resign here. Going forward we need to make moves to improve this team for a playoff run/playoff series. We need to make decisions that will improve our team. If they affect Parise resigning here than so be it. We NEED to improve in certain areas(mobility in the back end). I'm getting ticked off here, I don't want Lou not to make a beneficial move because Parise is still in limbo on whether he wants to resign, leave, or test the market. this is a TEAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users