Photo

Which ex-Devil you want to see next year?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

We have seen former Devils playing for NJ. The list includes Lemieux, Mogilny, Richer, Arnott, Shanny, Holik, Rolston, Janssen, Clemmy and Sykora. Who in your mind will be in our line up next year? Egomez is a possibility if h Habs buy him out. Souray, oduya, Arnott, Langs, maddog are some other possible candidates.

I will place my bet on Oduya.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#2 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'd bet on Oduya. I wouldn't mind him being here again. He learned to be a decent defenseman here, and I think in this organization he can be useful on the back pairing - just not at his money probably. Where are those old pictures of Cam and JOhnny out?

Edited by HellOnICE, 15 February 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#3 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

I would have to go with Oduya first if I was forced to make a choice.

If I wasn't forced to make a choice, I would say none.

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Yeah none, if possible.

Oduya at 3m seems a little bit steep too (despite the fact that the Devils signed him to that contract)

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Most of those moves haven't really worked out, and I hate the grasping-at-straws perception that comes with those moves.

Lemieux was probably the best of them, in that he added something to the team, even if he clearly wasn't the same player he'd been during his first stay. I remember being thrilled when that trade was announced.

Sykora has been decent, considering his salary and the fact that not much was expected.

But I'd like to see Lou give up on the ex-Devil thing for a while.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#6 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,122 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

This is not someone I really want, but if we are talking about bringing back an ex-Devil, Scotty Clemmensen makes sense. He is a UFA, and has been fairly solid for the Panthers ever since he left NJ.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#7 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

I wouldn't mind Souray for a year. (For the right price) - He'd be an upgrade over Foster for sure and Fayne/Larsson would have that vet to learn from. We need a veteran D-man I.M.O.

Edited by TheMazz, 15 February 2012 - 01:00 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#8 ironsights

ironsights

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Bergfors...

#9 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

i agree that clemmer is the only one that makes sense.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#10 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Really wanted them to go for Souray at the beginning this year, but I'm not sure how he's been recently. Other than that, I guess just Oduya.

Edit: didn't see TheMazz's post, but that's exactly how I feel about Souray potentially being a mentor for Larsson or even Fayne.

Edited by nessus, 15 February 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#11 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Vadim Sharifijanov.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#12 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

I wouldn't see too much harm in bringing Petr Vrana into camp to try to make the team and if he can't allow him to go back to the KHL. He's having a solid year over there for Amur Khabarovsk:

43 GP 17:57 TOI/G 20 G 24 A 44 Pts +18 12 PIM 17.2 SH% 2.7 SOG/G 53.6 FO%

Tied 9th in Points, 9th in Goals, 14th in Assists, and 9th in +/- in the KHL. He's 2nd in Points, 2nd in Goals, 2nd in Assists, 1st in +/-, and 1st on his team with a 53.6 FO%.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#13 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

I'd love for Oduya or Clemmer.
Posted Image Posted Image

#14 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

martin
Posted Image

#15 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

none of them

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#16 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'd rather not bring back ANY ex-Devils, to tell you the truth, not if we don't have to. I don't know what it is with Lou's obsession with going back into the well. Maybe he figures they've seen what it's like to play for more money in a different system and now they're content to come back to where it all started?

Anyway, if I had to pick someone, I'd go with one of the following:

- Oduya, though I'm not sure if I want him at his current cap hit ($3.5M)
- Gomez, but only if the Habs buy him out and he's willing to play here for $1M or less. I do NOT want to trade for Scott Gomez.
- If the goaltending situation changes, bring back Clemmensen. He's not really any better than anyone else out there, but he is a known entity as far as the Devils are concerned. His current cap hit of $1.2 million is reasonable as well.
- Steve Sullivan, assuming he doesn't retire after this year. I will freely admit, though, that this is purely a nostalgia pick.

I'm not sold on Souray, and I definitely don't want any part of Arnott, Langenbrunner, or Madden.

Edited by RowdyFan42, 15 February 2012 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#17 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

I've got you fools beat.
Time machine, Scott Stevens. Done.

Was that so hard? :P

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#18 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Gionta. :blahblah:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#19 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Gomez would come for cheap and probably do well with Kovy.

#20 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

I would love to see if Gomez could come back for cheap if Habs front it. Only to see if he puts up 30 goals on the top line and drive the habs and rags crazy lol.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users