• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

Leaving Godaddy registrar in the next week. I can't stand their business practices anymore. There may be some downtime while the switch takes place.

They are only a background service so you can access NJDevs.com, most of you shouldn't see any changes.

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,113 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Good news, I also can't stand godaddy. The less business they get the better. Thanks DM as always for making this the best Devils site there is.

#3 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

I agree with everything Satans Hockey said.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#4 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

I have no idea about anything regarding domain sites.. why is godaddy bad? and how long will the downtime last, if there is any

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#5 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Good to hear. Thanks!
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#6 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up DM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#7 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for ditching that SOPA supporting company DM

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#8 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,615 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

I have no idea about anything regarding domain sites.. why is godaddy bad? and how long will the downtime last, if there is any

Theoretically, there shouldn't be any downtime, but if there is, it'll probably only be a few hours.

As for why GoDaddy is bad, there's their support for SOPA and PIPA, but that's just the most recent of many stunts they and their founder/former CEO, Bob Parsons, have pulled.

Edited by RowdyFan42, 16 February 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#9 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

I moved from Go Daddy as well.

Their CEO is an a-hole.
Posted Image

#10 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

Go Daddy's commercials keep promising titties. They never have titties so I support the move. I want to see Danica Patrick's titties

#11 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Go Daddy's commercials keep promising titties. They never have titties so I support the move. I want to see Danica Patrick's titties

+1.......million.

815631765.gif

#12 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

Awesome news. Curious, what are you moving to?

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#13 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

Theoretically, there shouldn't be any downtime, but if there is, it'll probably only be a few hours.

As for why GoDaddy is bad, there's their support for SOPA and PIPA, but that's just the most recent of many stunts they and their founder/former CEO, Bob Parsons, have pulled.

and the international ACTA treaty that our idiots in government signed but hardly anyone's congress, parliament, whatever has ratified. :rolleyes:

So the Big Entertainment stance is, well, if we can't force control and compliance through local and national government, we'll force a world treaty and make you an international criminal if you post a video that turns out to be copyrighted

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#14 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

I actually haven't decided who I am going to use yet. Currently looking at namecheap, any recommendations?

#15 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

I actually haven't decided who I am going to use yet. Currently looking at namecheap, any recommendations?

Who do you current host through? I use hostgator's dedicated servers and registrar. They are good and their support is pretty good too.

#16 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

The website is on alphaomegahosting.com . I will look at hostgator for the domain thanks

#17 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

We use http://www.domaindiscover.com/ for some of ours
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#18 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

exactly. please and thank you for some danica titties

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users