64 replies to this topic

#41 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

I took down my sig just for you, Blown and in the process found great Devils-related image that reminds me of you:

Posted Image

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#42 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

waaah :evilcry:

I think a lot of people on here are bothered pretty easily but with that said...my gf saw that gif and was disturbed. It takes a lot to disturb her. So..ya just take that into consideration I guess.

Might want to save the :evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry: for your post-game rants and physical threats SMT3! :giggle:

In the end - It's DM's site - whatever rules he thinks are acceptable is fine by me.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#43 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

I agree...these gif's are annoying. At get some smaller ones. Some here, look like an another entire post.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#44 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

I took down my sig just for you, Blown and in the process found great Devils-related image that reminds me of you:

Posted Image

ok....at this point....it would be $12 well spent...hell,i'd go as high as $20.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#45 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Just shut signatures off and be done with it, I've had signatures turned off for years, been happy about doing it ever since.

#46 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

At least my avatar gif is small and out of the way. I hate the huge ones though. Makes it hard to concentrate on the post above or below
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#47 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Just shut signatures off and be done with it, I've had signatures turned off for years, been happy about doing it ever since.

Just did it what a difference.

#48 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Posted Image

Edited by lazer, 19 February 2012 - 11:31 PM.

Posted Image

#49 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Personally I feel as long as the gif signatures are small enough and fit within the size realm of what is allowed as far as signatures go for this forum then I personally see no problem with it. Call me too "lax" but to want to limit signatures that only have to with hockey and the Devils is a bit much IMO. We are all talking hockey, we are all Devils fans but I feel signatures are our way of expressing ourselves as individuals. Also, I have cable...it doesn't bother my computer at all or slow it down. Personally though I have my signature up because it's fvcking hilarious. I guess I'm just I'm not used to a forum that has very strict signature and avatar rules like this. I love this forum though, best place to really come to to talk to about the Devils and rant out. (I'm not complaining though. I realize I'm not staff and in no way in any position to get anything changed) I'm just voicing my opinion and how I see it.

n2eg.jpg

#50 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Posted Image

Get rid of this awful emoqueer sig please.

Thank you.

go fvck yourself

#51 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yeah and BTW my sig wasn't emo at all. It's Damon Albarn from Blur, the Gorillaz etc.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#52 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Much ado about nothing here. Honestly, it creeped me out a bit too, but just turn your sigs off if it bothers you that much.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#53 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Happy, Blown?

Much better. :cheers:
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#54 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yeah and BTW my sig wasn't emo at all. It's Damon Albarn from Blur, the Gorillaz etc.

I'm a fan of a lot of bands people might consider emo, and bands that are fronted by guys that look like him, but that doesnt mean I want to stare at a pic of a man in eyeshadow looking at me like he wants to sneak into my bedroom while Im sleeping.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#55 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

go fvck yourself

lol

Blur sucks & the Gorillaz are corny.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#56 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'm a fan of a lot of bands people might consider emo, and bands that are fronted by guys that look like him, but that doesnt mean I want to stare at a pic of a man in eyeshadow looking at me like he wants to sneak into my bedroom while Im sleeping.

Instead of being an arse you could just ask what the context of the pic is? I'll give you a hint: Think of the Korova Milk Bar in A Clockwork Orange.

lol

Does anyone else hear that annoying buzzing sound?

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#57 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

I personally think for anyone that doesn't like the sigs, if you want them gone all that should be done is that you should turn them off for yourself. I do like what DM was doing a year or two ago in which he was enforcing a certain size limit on sig pics and gifs. I don't mind sigs or the gifs and like seeing some. I just think when they get too big it gets annoying and makes it more tedious to scroll through a thread. I don't want to turn off sigs but on the other hand I wish the size of gifs and pics allowed were limited. Best of both worlds I guess.

And I def don't think that Carp should have to remove the sig because someone doesn't like the content. Unless the content contains something actually offensive or inappropriate no one should have to delete their sig just cuz it bothers someone - if it bothers u enough, turn sigs off. If you don't want to turn sigs off, then it prob doesn't bother u that much.

Edited by ben00rs, 19 February 2012 - 05:54 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#58 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

lol

bullsh!t

#59 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

You are a very bitter person aren't you lol. That weird look I assume is kind of the point of the signature. One of those sigs that will make you double take. Nonetheless, its like that one Marty picture where it alternates from Marty's face into the trollface - I saw it on HF...wish I had it on me to make this point more driven lol. Still, signatures in my view are meant as a form of expression - granted we are on a devils forum but where in the rules does it say that sigs have to be Devils/hockey exclusive? When I choose a signature I like to go for what I feel is the funniest picture/gif around. When I saw that picture of Flair going wacky I just had to share that one. Especially since I wanted to go after the "best signature" award for end of the year awards.

n2eg.jpg

#60 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Just removed signatures. Looks so much better. Can't believe I didn't realize you could do this before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users