#21 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

People watch commercials? :whistling:

Any and every geico commercial has driven me nuts for the last handful of years. in fact ill never use their insurance just because of the commercials

Agreed 99%, excepting for the celebrity spokesperson ads they did with Michael Winslow, Peter Frampton and Don Lafontaine(there were other celebrities, but those were the ones I liked best), those were good. Add Progressive in there too. Hell, pretty much all insurance ads suck except for MetLife, you gotta love Snoopy
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#22 dmon2010

dmon2010

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

The karaoke one is funny. I also like this one with the guy that has another head growing out of back... which is a little creepy and it was really annoying at first, but the song kinda grows on you after the 20th time...
"Hey baby I want that car..."

Edited by dmon2010, 20 February 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#23 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

The karaoke one is funny. I also like this one with the guy that has another head growing out of back... which is a little creepy and it was really annoying at first, but the song kinda grows on you after the 20th time...

My brother loves that one, but it weirds me out too much. It looks too much like a pecker growing out of his back for my liking lol.

#24 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Any of the Hyundai holiday commercials from the past two years make my ears bleed.

Also ray catena's trying to take credit for the quote 'keep it simple' or whatever it was puts me into fits of violent rage.

#25 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

I think that dude was Braxton from the jamie foxx show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YD_Er1Jq-o&feature=youtu.be

Edited by grcenter47, 20 February 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#26 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

I make this topic because I want to know is the Devils fan base crippled with Dupuytren's contracture? Because I've never heard it before that commercial and they play it all so they must have some sort of market research saying that we tend to get it

yes, that commercial is kinda creepy. and it's like how many people who watch hockey games have this ailment and would be interested in hearing about medicine for it?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#27 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

People watch commercials? :whistling:

Agreed 99%, excepting for the celebrity spokesperson ads they did with Michael Winslow, Peter Frampton and Don Lafontaine(there were other celebrities, but those were the ones I liked best), those were good. Add Progressive in there too. Hell, pretty much all insurance ads suck except for MetLife, you gotta love Snoopy

I like Snoopy, but have to I work for them. Not a bad gig though, being I'm on the IT side in Somerset. The commercial with all the cartoon characters was the first ever Super Bowl ad for us...

Edited by Legion15, 20 February 2012 - 06:56 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#28 dmon2010

dmon2010

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Yeah you know I can't STAND that "somebody left the gate OOOOOOOO" commercial.... I swear it seems like they play it about 23 hundred times per game... it's like just shut the damn thing then, b!tch and quit yer fvcking whining.... and please for the love of beer, hockey and all good things never sing again dammit

Edited by dmon2010, 20 February 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#29 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

Any and every geico commercial has driven me nuts for the last handful of years. in fact ill never use their insurance just because of the commercials

Funny you mention that because my best friend Matt bought Geico solely because of the commericals and nothing else. (Yes, I called him an idiot to his face) Lol.

n2eg.jpg

#30 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

I like Snoopy, but have to I work for them. Not a bad gig though, being I'm on the IT side in Somerset. The commercial with all the cartoon characters was the first ever Super Bowl ad for us...

I interned for MetLife in their Iselin offices when i was an undergrad in college

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users