1023 replies to this topic

#141 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Wow...a 46-pitch blown save by Heath Bell, complete with four walks! Ouch!

11-8...and Reyes is down to .205 and had one hit in the series...bootiful!
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#142 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

That was the best game of the season, just amazing. So hyped for the Devils now!!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#143 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

That was the best game of the season, just amazing. So hyped for the Devils now!!

I hope mojo is contagious!

When the Mets fell to 8-8, I thought they'd be 3 or 4 games under .500 within a few weeks...at least they're giving us reasons to care about them, and to hope just a little.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#144 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Mets spotted Schwinden with a 6-2 lead, gives it all back in the bottom half of the inning.

Already missing Mike Pelfrey. Sigh.

This 5th inning might be the worst inning I've ever seen.

Edited by nmigliore, 27 April 2012 - 09:58 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#145 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Mets spotted Schwinden with a 6-2 lead, gives it all back in the bottom half of the inning.

C'mon nmig, you've been one of Pelfrey's harshest critics. No guarantee he would've done much better. And six errors pretty much guarantees a loss anyway...especially in that building. Nine unearned runs?! Yikes.

#30 FOREVER!

#146 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

God, glad I didn't see it then...still too much in hockey mode to pay much attention, but it's hard to imagine any inning being worse than that one in Dodger Stadium a couple years ago where Church missed touching third when he should have scored the lead run in extra innings, and the Mets made like three errors in the bottom half of that inning to lose it :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 April 2012 - 08:59 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#147 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

The Mets are going to have to add some stronger rotation depth. You really can't afford to have someone like Jeremy Hefner as your next best option if Schwinden flops or someone else goes down. Familia and Harvey are obviously off limits. Chris Young is scheduled to begin his rehab assignment next week and should be ready by mid-May if everything goes right; that's better than nothing, but counting on him for anything is a fool's errand.

CR: Right, but Pelfrey is still better than a revolving door of replacement level 5th starters.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 April 2012 - 10:16 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#148 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

God I hate Coors Field. What a joke.

#30 FOREVER!

#149 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

That was just insane. I can't believe we won. Unreal.

These gut punches brought me back to 2007 and 2008. :P Seriously, I'm still stunned they fought back after blowing it TWICE.

And then when it's all looking great in the 11th with 2 outs, Scutaro JUST misses a homerun to LF. Finally Coors Field plays nice to us.

Wow. The Devils game was upsetting but I'm glad the Mets fought back in this one when it looked like they were going to roll over and die after those 2 big gut punches to the bullpen.

Edited by nmigliore, 29 April 2012 - 06:17 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#150 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

the Mets HAD to win this one to take the edge off the Devils loss.

And that Carlos Gonzalez game tying hr in extras was just a joke. Absolute piece of sh!t home run
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#151 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

That was just insane. I can't believe we won. Unreal.

These gut punches brought me back to 2007 and 2008. :P Seriously, I'm still stunned they fought back after blowing it TWICE.

And then when it's all looking great in the 11th with 2 outs, Scutaro JUST misses a homerun to LF. Finally Coors Field plays nice to us.

Wow. The Devils game was upsetting but I'm glad the Mets fought back in this one when it looked like they were going to roll over and die after those 2 big gut punches to the bullpen.

13-9 through 22 games. Not a Met fan alive who wouldn't have signed up for that...especially with a run differential of -19.

#30 FOREVER!

#152 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

13-9 through 22 games. Not a Met fan alive who wouldn't have signed up for that...especially with a run differential of -19.

I can think of 1 game that throws that run differential way out of whack! we generally don't get blown out
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#153 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

I can think of 1 game that throws that run differential way out of whack! we generally don't get blown out

Acutally, only one of their losses was by one run (extra innings).

The rest:

One loss by 9 runs.
One loss by 8 runs.
Two losses by 6 runs.
Two losses by 5 runs.
Two losses by 4 runs.

Yeah, their losses do tend be pretty decisive. And six of their wins have come by one run.

I'll take them any way they come...I don't care about the run differential, ugly as it may be, but usually a run differential like that is a sign of bad things to come.

#30 FOREVER!

#154 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Usually I don't go to games until after hockey season ends but I may wind up going to the game Saturday since it's supposed to be nice out. How is traffic getting in and out of Citi in case I decide to drive?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#155 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Usually I don't go to games until after hockey season ends but I may wind up going to the game Saturday since it's supposed to be nice out. How is traffic getting in and out of Citi in case I decide to drive?

Really depends. It's been bad and good in my experiences there.

#30 FOREVER!

#156 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

It's not too bad. If you were to leave an inning early then you definitely won't have any issues, even as others leave. Getting out of there is a lot easier than Shea was.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#157 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Yeah...I'd do the train from South Orange but it's just as expensive as parking would be if not more so (I believe $12.50 round trip from SO to NYP, then at best another $4.50 with two subway trips) without having to worry about making connections since NJ Transit trains basically only run every hour on the weekend. At least it's not a night game, but I'd rather not be out too late considering I have almost a full day out the next day including Game 4 of the Devil series lol.

#158 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

These last three games have been really deflating. They couldn't even managed one win against Houston.

Much-needed day off tomorrow followed by a 3-game home set with Arizona and then back on the road to Philly and Miami. Let's be happy we're at least a game over .500, it may not last much longer.

Edited by nmigliore, 02 May 2012 - 02:45 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#159 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

These last three games have been really deflating. They couldn't even managed one win against Houston.

Much-needed day off tomorrow followed by a 3-game home set with Arizona and then back on the road to Philly and Miami. Let's be happy we're at least a game over .500, it may not last much longer.

It wasn't supposed to, really. We kinda knew this team was going to struggle to stay above .500, and that was WITH Pelfrey. They also have the 2nd worst run differential in the league (-30). All signs are pointing towards a major slump, the kind that will have the Mets 5 games or so under .500 before we can blink...maybe it won't happen right away, but I think it's coming eventually. The big stories now are 1)Can David Wright keep up his resurgence (and will the Mets play him if he does...I don't think I would), and 2)Can Ike Davis turn an abysmal start into a respectable season?

#30 FOREVER!

#160 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Mr. Met is #1!

Things are looking up for the New York Mets. The Bernie Madoff case is settled (though the related debt will linger awhile), and the team is finishing up a winning April. Topping off the good news: the club's longest serving member, Mr. Met, stands as America's favorite sports mascot in 2012.

The simple, perpetually grinning veteran with the giant baseball head nosed out the Phillie Phanatic in the latest fan survey done by The Marketing Arm's Davie Brown Index, which measures people's perceptions of celebrities and their influence on brands. Measurements used by the DBI for sports mascots: awareness, likeability and breakthrough, the last of which refers to the degree consumers take notice of the mascot when he appears at the stadium and on television, plus the degree to which people are able to match a mascot to his team (a mascot named Mr. Met would seem to have little trouble there, while the San Antonio Spurs' Coyote might have his work cut out for him).

The top five:
5. Wally the Green Monster (Boston Red Sox)
4. San Diego Chicken (freelance)
3. Benny the Bull (Chicago Bulls)
2. Phillie Phanatic (Philadelphia Phillies)
1. Mr. Met (New York Mets)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spt--mr--met-tops-list-of-favorite-mascots.html;_ylt=AncpPOWd8GXUzLrwA1bDev4RvLYF

Posted Image

Edited by nmigliore, 04 May 2012 - 01:15 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users