191 replies to this topic

#181 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

Its great to see we have some solid secondary scoring going to the playoffs from Sykora, Clarkson, Poni, and Zubrus.

#182 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

WOW I was way off jeeez. That's awesome! Excellent turn around.

I wonder if he starts Friday. Doesn't have the best track record against the Canucks if I remember correctly isn't that the only team in the league that has a winning record vs. Marty?

I'm going to guess Marty gets Friday, then Moose gets Sunday. That allows Marty to play Monday in MSG and keep with Deboer having them split the back-to-backs.

Looking at the schedule, it's going to be interesting to see how much Moose plays. After Friday, the Devils have 2 consecutive days of rest only three times before the playoffs. Everything else is back-to-back or 1 day rest.

HAHA I just realized DaneykoIsGod mentioned the schedule thing in another thread and he did a much better job of it. :cheers:

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 22 February 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#183 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

an article on last night's fight

Instigator?

#184 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,998 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'm going to guess Marty gets Friday, then Moose gets Sunday. That allows Marty to play Monday in MSG and keep with Deboer having them split the back-to-backs.

Looking at the schedule, it's going to be interesting to see how much Moose plays. After Friday, the Devils have 2 consecutive days of rest only three times before the playoffs. Everything else is back-to-back or 1 day rest.

HAHA I just realized DaneykoIsGod mentioned the schedule thing in another thread and he did a much better job of it. :cheers:

Well four back-to-backs in the last 23 games...so at least that many (the smart money being on 2/26, 3/2, 3/10 and 3/20). Maybe two or three more spotted in since the schedule is so tight, particuarly assuming we do get a playoff spot locked up. But we always have a history of going for the highest seed possible so I don't imagine Marty getting 'that' much more rest.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 22 February 2012 - 08:22 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#185 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Let me tell you all about my night.

A few months ago, I was given devils/leafs tickets for last nights game as a christmas gift from my mom and her bf. My brother and I each got one( my bro being a leafs fan). My mom had purchased these off kijiji from a woman a few months prior, as they were very good seats.

We arrive to the ACC drunk as all hell, because we drank on the train on the way there, and planned on having more drinks inside. We get to the gate just to our surprise..

Our tickets were fake. The security guard tried scanning them several times, and said we should go to the box office and check them out. After a good 20 mins talking with people at the box office, they had said these tickets were reprints and were voided. I was pissed. So the only available seats were 400 each, and I just flat out don't have that kind of money.

After a good discussion, we just took the train back home. It was very long, and quiet as we were both furious. We arrived home just in time for the 3rd period, and began drinking again.

FML.

#186 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

Wow that sucks serious balls. At least they won so you got to rub it in your brothers face.. :|
Posted Image

#187 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Let me tell you all about my night.

A few months ago, I was given devils/leafs tickets for last nights game as a christmas gift from my mom and her bf. My brother and I each got one( my bro being a leafs fan). My mom had purchased these off kijiji from a woman a few months prior, as they were very good seats.

We arrive to the ACC drunk as all hell, because we drank on the train on the way there, and planned on having more drinks inside. We get to the gate just to our surprise..

Our tickets were fake. The security guard tried scanning them several times, and said we should go to the box office and check them out. After a good 20 mins talking with people at the box office, they had said these tickets were reprints and were voided. I was pissed. So the only available seats were 400 each, and I just flat out don't have that kind of money.

After a good discussion, we just took the train back home. It was very long, and quiet as we were both furious. We arrived home just in time for the 3rd period, and began drinking again.

FML.

Holy crap that sucks man!

#188 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Damn that really sucks.

This is the reason why I never buy tickets off of CL. Kijiji is pretty much the canadian version of it an basically if they are fake you are SOL. At least other places you have some sort of buyer protection. A buddy of mine got tickets from stubhub and they turned out to be fake and he got a refund pretty quick after he complained to them and followed their directions.

#189 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Damn that really sucks.

This is the reason why I never buy tickets off of CL. Kijiji is pretty much the canadian version of it an basically if they are fake you are SOL. At least other places you have some sort of buyer protection. A buddy of mine got tickets from stubhub and they turned out to be fake and he got a refund pretty quick after he complained to them and followed their directions.

Oh I know, I've never personally bought tickets from kijiji, just for this same reason. I've never had any problems with stubhub and I do know they are pretty reliable when it comes to refunds. Like I said though, my mom got us the tickets and isn't too familiar with stubhub. Sucks, but it's a lesson well learned.

#190 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

that makes me thing that i will check with all of you how to get tickets when i will come to the US to see a game ; )

#191 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

that really sucks. I think I will have to start being more careful, all the games I've been going to we've been purchasing tickets on stub hub and ticket liquidator.

#192 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

that really sucks. I think I will have to start being more careful, all the games I've been going to we've been purchasing tickets on stub hub and ticket liquidator.

I would and I do trust Stubhub. If the tickets are fake they do a pretty good job of getting your money back and they go after the seller then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users