Posted Image

#162 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

We had the main headline on TSN though for a while... since replaced by Flyers... but we are still in their top 3 box, "Claim to Fayne"

I'll take this bday victory... but just felt that game tying goal in the 3rd coming.

The Leafs are usually the top headline on TSN only if they won.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#163 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

Okay, David Clarkson is second overall on the Devils in terms of goals scored with 23. He is one ahead of Parise and two goals behind Ilya. So my question to the board is as follows: Are we living in a Bizarro Superman Universe? Because if we are, I'd really appreciate it if you guys let me know.

#164 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

Did Martys .903 go up?

He was actually at .904 coming into this one. It went up slightly, but is still shown at .904.

Hedberg: 2.53 GAA, .908 save%
Brodeur: 2.54 GAA, .904 save%

Not too many would've thought these would be their numbers a couple of months ago.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#165 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

Okay, David Clarkson is second overall on the Devils in terms of goals scored with 23. He is one ahead of Parise and two goals behind Ilya. So my question to the board is as follows: Are we living in a Bizarro Superman Universe? Because if we are, I'd really appreciate it if you guys let me know.

He's clearly worked hard, but it seems like he's gotten his share of good bounces and good fortune...I'd be shocked if he ever had a season like this again. Going forward I wouldn't expect much more than 20 goals out of him in any given season. But he could wind up with 30 this season (just when you think a slump is coming, he gets a couple of goals...he has 16 in his last 34 games...it's such an incredibly pleasant surprise).
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#166 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

He's clearly worked hard, but it seems like he's gotten his share of good bounces and good fortune...I'd be shocked if he ever had a season like this again. Going forward I wouldn't expect much more than 20 goals out of him in any given season.

It's so hard to say if he's overpaid or underpaid over his contract, which is a mark of a decent contract (or inconsistent player). You look at last year, and think 2.6mm was a vast overpayment... this year, it looks a lot better... and next year he's done with the contract.

Clarkson is not going to be a 30-40g player. He might hit 30 on luck, but he finds luck with his play.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#167 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

Why does this team always suck at holding 3rd period leads? Does Pete ever address this? Publicly? Oh well take the 2 points and move on.

What's he supposed to do, eviscerate the team in the media when they're fifteen over and on a roll since the break? They don't have the personnel to shut down games, unless they extend the lead. There's no Pronger walking through that door, hell they're missing three of their normal top six as it is. Just about every team has their achilles heel and holding a late lead is ours.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#168 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

It's so hard to say if he's overpaid or underpaid over his contract, which is a mark of a decent contract (or inconsistent player). You look at last year, and think 2.6mm was a vast overpayment... this year, it looks a lot better... and next year he's done with the contract.

Clarkson is not going to be a 30-40g player. He might hit 30 on luck, but he finds luck with his play.

I think his contract is fair. $2.6 mil isn't a whole lot in today's NHL. This year it's been a great value for sure.

This will be a career year for him, more than likely. But if he becomes a consistent 20 G, 35-40 point-type who continues to subtly improve the other parts of his game, and at reasonable cost (around $3 mil) I'd happily take that.

#30 FOREVER!

#169 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

What's he supposed to do, eviscerate the team in the media when they're fifteen over and on a roll since the break? They don't have the personnel to shut down games, unless they extend the lead. There's no Pronger walking through that door, hell they're missing three of their normal top six as it is. Just about every team has their achilles heel and holding a late lead is ours.

Yeah, this. The team is 35-20-4 and 9-1-1 in their last 11. Not too many expected this when they were 12-12-1 and looking very shaky. The third periods can be tough to stomach sometimes, but it's not like it's costing them tons of points. They've been able to overcome it most nights.

I'm sure DeBoer is aware of it, as is his staff, and I'm sure they're working on it. Fortunately they have time...23 games to improve on that.

#30 FOREVER!

#170 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

7 weeks to the playoffs & we're looking good with 74 points so far !

#171 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

I'm sure DeBoer is aware of it, as is his staff, and I'm sure they're working on it. Fortunately they have time...23 games to improve on that.

Not only do they have time to address it, but they've already established a track record of successfully addressing glaring issues. Anyone remember the last shorty the Devils surrendered? The last time it seemed the Devils couldn't get a win without needing the shootout? The last time anyone called for Adam Oates' head because of the PP? Or the last time anyone complained about our nonexistent offense? Hell, this team has even beaten the Rangers in their last two meetings, including Marty besting Paddy McDouchepad in a goalie duel.

I haven't had this much confidence in a Devils coaching staff over the course of a full season in a long time.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#172 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

Good win, though we let them get a point.

I also did notice how Phaneuf tried to pull an Avery by saying "No,no" and then sneak attacking.
Put food on my family

#173 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Not only do they have time to address it, but they've already established a track record of successfully addressing glaring issues. Anyone remember the last shorty the Devils surrendered? The last time it seemed the Devils couldn't get a win without needing the shootout? The last time anyone called for Adam Oates' head because of the PP? Or the last time anyone complained about our nonexistent offense? Hell, this team has even beaten the Rangers in their last two meetings, including Marty besting Paddy McDouchepad in a goalie duel.

I haven't had this much confidence in a Devils coaching staff over the course of a full season in a long time.

yeah, this. who could complain about blowing last night's lead? happened on a total fluke play. meanwhile the devils continued to get scoring chances in the 3rd that they couldn't convert on.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#174 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

On ESPN the main headline is Seton Hall, so at least it's NJ related.

Not a huge fan of b ball but when I was a young child I always would root for the Pirates. So props to them. NJ all day.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#175 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

The last shorty was Foster's epic meltdown against Montreal that got him benches, until Subban destroyed Larsson. At least they're off record pace in that area now.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#176 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

He was actually at .904 coming into this one. It went up slightly, but is still shown at .904.

Hedberg: 2.53 GAA, .908 save%
Brodeur: 2.54 GAA, .904 save%

Not too many would've thought these would be their numbers a couple of months ago.

No definitely not. Brodeur has to be around 16-17 wins now?

He's clearly worked hard, but it seems like he's gotten his share of good bounces and good fortune...I'd be shocked if he ever had a season like this again. Going forward I wouldn't expect much more than 20 goals out of him in any given season. But he could wind up with 30 this season (just when you think a slump is coming, he gets a couple of goals...he has 16 in his last 34 games...it's such an incredibly pleasant surprise).

Let's trade him for Nash.
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#177 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

No definitely not. Brodeur has to be around 16-17 wins now?

He's 22-13-2. Actually has a great shot to win 30 or more, which definitely didn't seem possible a couple of months ago.

#30 FOREVER!

#178 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

He's 22-13-2. Actually has a great shot to win 30 or more, which definitely didn't seem possible a couple of months ago.

WOW I was way off jeeez. That's awesome! Excellent turn around.

I wonder if he starts Friday. Doesn't have the best track record against the Canucks if I remember correctly isn't that the only team in the league that has a winning record vs. Marty?

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 22 February 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#179 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

whats marty at over the last 10 game span? .94%? another good game.

lots of missed shots on both sides, lots of players falling, especially our smaller defenseman on the boards behind the net. but we matched their speed well for the most part

#180 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Just because I don't know where to put this.

The Devs with this win moved to 35-20-4 for 74 pts with 59 games played...
Last year, on Feb 22, they had 25-30-4 for 54 pts with 59 games played...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users