23 replies to this topic

#21 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

I agree that it may be best for him in the AHL.

let him marinate for a while...hopefully he can perform well get confidence and come back more ready...don't like the idea of him getting use to playing a couple mins in a 4th line role and not producing
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#22 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

He's shown lots of promise. His problem, like Tedendy is that he's having a hard time trying to find a place to fit in with all the scoring lines filled up.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#23 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

I don't think Josefson is capable of handling a scoreline role at this point in his career. I'm fine with him playing on the 4th line - he makes that line not a black hole, plus he kills penalties - he should be getting 10-11 minutes a game.

If Josefson's smarts were the issue, I'd say this is a problem that he's up here, but he's clearly playing at an NHL level.

Edited by Triumph, 24 February 2012 - 12:57 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#24 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

I think Josefson could play on our 3rd line now and would fit into the scoring lines a few NHL teams. He's not exactly strong on the puck but he has the skills to keep up with 2 solid wingers at his sides.

The Devils simply don't have room to let non-physical/smaller forwards flourish. We have superstar forwards on our team. No room for Josefson (or Teddy) to develop his game.

Edited by ben00rs, 24 February 2012 - 01:41 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users