sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

food for thought:

greene/henrique/4th for brown/martinez

it's a gamble of a deal - it comes down to whether you think henrique could be a 30/70 guy in this league or not.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#22 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

I have a good feeling about Henrique.. I'd rather not see him traded. Even for this years playoff run alone there's no guarantee Brown would deliver anything more then Henrique.
Posted Image

#23 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

LA doesn't need centers now. They have Carter, Kopitar, Richards, and Stoll and I don't see why they'd need defense with Voynov moving up (but apparently, according to someone on HF who heard Dreger on a radio show they are asking for a young d-man for some reason).

Not much we have to offer. Maybe Urbom, Merrill, or Tao + Tedenby but is that worth it? Probably not even enough

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 24 February 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#24 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

LA would need a established roster player who is productive and we don't have any to spare.

LA would need Dustin Brown... so, they keep him.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

I don't think, given all the smoke around this deal, that LA can keep Dustin Brown. They want him out as Captain and they're not going to Elias him.

Henrique still projects as a left wing to me - that's where LA would be using him. They would deal off Dustin Penner somewhere.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#26 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Wouldnt want this guy. Not a big points guy and has captained a team that has underachieved the last couple of years.

food for thought:

it's a gamble of a deal - it comes down to whether you think henrique could be a 30/70 guy in this league or not.

That would be some nauseating food lol. No way Henrique gets moved for a guy who will have a lower ppg total when things are all said and done (and has also hit his ceiling. Henrique is just getting started).

Edited by devlman, 24 February 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#27 Guadana

Guadana

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

if we take brown without outmen in offense - our offensive line will be teethbrokly (if it full of healthy)
zach with adam and ilya
david with Czech`s
zubrus with poni and zajac
bernier, brown and jacob
best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#28 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

I dont even know why Henrique comes up. :blink: and Browns a RW

#29 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

food for thought:

I'm not feeling trading Henrique at all. I bristle at the mear thought of it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#30 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

I like Henrique more every game. He a hard worker with skill and could be our #1 center for years to come.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#31 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

I can't see any way Lou moves Henrique, unless it is some sort of blockbuster trade that comes out of nowhere. Complimentary pieces is all we can expect, and I'm fine with that. We have a pretty good team that is geling at the right time. No need to remake the roster at this point.
Posted Image

#32 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Why the fvck thay trade johnson

#33 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

I think we need to hold on to Henrique at all costs; I'd throw him in if we were trading for Malkin but otherwise he stays put. We can't lose Henrique AND Parise, though I think Parise stays if we get to the 2nd round.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#34 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

I would love for Brown to come tot he devils. He's one of my favorite players in the league. He's got good work ethic, is a grinder, and is also a great person. His cap hit is very manageable for what he does. If they could get him without giving up any of the top 9 I would be very happy.

#35 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

food for thought:

Henrique>brown
Greene>Martinez

Although Martinez does have potential

#36 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob Répondre
Supprimer
Ajouté aux favorisFavori
· Fermer Ouvrir Détails **UPDATED NHL RUMORS**Source: Early leaders for Dustin Brown ( Bruins, Devils, Rangers, Maple Leafs ) Devils & Bruins being very aggressive

#37 GregKulaga

GregKulaga

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

With the top line clicking the way they are, Henrique is going nowhere. Would make no sense to upset that right now.

Clarkson could be a sell high candidate with his beastly play this season, but after the heart he displayed in Toronto the other night, why would you flip a character guy like that when you're looking to make a playoff run?

Can't imagine there's much of a market for Tedenby given he is undersized and did not perform well when he was up, but maybe in a package deal + Urbom, Tao, Burlon or Merrill. Bonus would be getting rid of Fayne or Tallinder.

If we were able to get Kovalchuk with Bergfors, Oduya, Cormier and a pick, is it unreasonable to think a similar package wouldn't fly for Brown?
#1 Fan of "Rodcast" Rod Pelley's fishing and hockey podcast

#38 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Lou is not stupid enough to trade Henrique, even though some of our fanbase is. He will be a major piece of the nucleus for years to come. Once Zach is locked up longterm....

PARISE-HENRIQUE-KOVALCHUK will tear up the NHL for season after season!

I also would not trade Clarkie unless it was part of a deal to get a top 10 forward in the league. He is our closest thing to a Billy Guerin type of player in my mind. Plays hard, scores goals, will get his nose dirty and stick up for his teammates. Clarkie has definitely earned alot of respect from me this season.....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#39 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob Répondre
Supprimer
Ajouté aux favorisFavori
· Fermer Ouvrir Détails **UPDATED NHL RUMORS**Source: Early leaders for Dustin Brown ( Bruins, Devils, Rangers, Maple Leafs ) Devils & Bruins being very aggressive

he's actually ok as a source no??....i dont see how we do this deal....maybe it is tallinder or greene and something prospect/pick related
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#40 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

food for thought:

what??? that is a terrible deal. i would not touch henrique in a trade, especially for that return. the kid is a stud, and if we let him go, we've fvcked up.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users