110 replies to this topic

#41 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

I like Brown but I'm not as high on him as others. I'd rather keep Henrique and Merrill than use them as pieces in a trade for Brown.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#42 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Love Brown and would love him in the top 9 on this club. The guy hits anything that moves and can put up 50-60 points. It's true, LA doesn't need centers (Richards, Carter, Kopitar), so using Zajac or Josefsen or Henrique as bait is potentially moot. I agree Henrique should not be moved. I'd be okay moving Zajac or JJ for a deal like this, but LA isn't going to go for that.

I'd be totally fine throwing Tedenby to the wolves, tho since he's not shown much at the NHL level, LA might not have supreme interest in him. Tedenby+Bernier+2nd? If the report that they need a top-4 D and a complimentary scorer is true, I'd also have no issue shipping Andy Greene+Tedenby+Bernier. We don't need Greene. Brown could REALLY help out for a long playoff run and make a difference.

Edited by bekim, 24 February 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#43 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

From Larry Brooks:

"Kings seeking NHL-ready defenseman in deal for Brown, doesn't appear to be match with Rangers"
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#44 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

From Larry Brooks:

"Kings seeking NHL-ready defenseman in deal for Brown, doesn't appear to be match with Rangers"

again - greene/urbom/2nd - maybe.

defense is where the devils are in a position of strength.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#45 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Bryce Salvador or Andy Greene. My guess is one of those two will have to pack their bags and ship out to LA.

#46 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

i would do that trade in a heartbeat, honestly. green/urbom/ and a 2nd for Dustin Brown, just a terrific player and defenseman

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#47 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Greene + Tedenby + 2nd for Dustin

Although I love Andy I believe Larsson can take his spot.

Edited by Zubie#8, 24 February 2012 - 01:27 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#48 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Bryce Salvador or Andy Greene. My guess is one of those two will have to pack their bags and ship out to LA.

We could only hope so.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#49 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Although I love Andy I believe Larsson can take his spot.

thatd be a great trade :cheers:

#50 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Although I love Greene I believe Larsson can take his spot.

I'd do this easily. Andy Greene is overpaid for the skillset he brings to the table. We have too many guys that can all do the same thing. IE, Fayne, Larsson, Tallinder (tho I hate him) etc. Ship Greener out. Again, dunno that LA does this, but that's A-OK with me.

#51 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

We may have a large quantity of defensemen, but I wouldn't call it a "position of strength." Andy Greene is probably our best puck mover. Unless we are getting a better puck moving defenseman in return, I don't see the sense in moving him.
Posted Image

#52 jamieleewv

jamieleewv

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Urbom OR taormina + teddy OR palmieri + a draft pick.

That would be enough to get brown. Maybe even take out the draft pick.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

#53 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

the Greene + Tedenby + 2nd for Dustin Brown trade idea is honestly probably the best trade we can hope for this year. that would be a huge gain for us and i'd do it in a heartbeat. I know its probably just a dream but if it would work out from the cap space and $ aspect, then I would bow to Lou

#54 jamieleewv

jamieleewv

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

I.would not move greene he has been our best d man since coming back from injury. I would rather fayne go tbh.

#55 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

We may have a large quantity of defensemen, but I wouldn't call it a "position of strength." Andy Greene is probably our best puck mover. Unless we are getting a better puck moving defenseman in return, I don't see the sense in moving him.

Taormina has been great on our breakouts lately and he is putting up points. I think Greene is expendable with Larsson returning. Id rather keep Fayne over Greene for cap reasons, Andy is a little overpaid IMO.

Edited by Zubie#8, 24 February 2012 - 01:32 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#56 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

I.would not move greene he has been our best d man since coming back from injury. I would rather fayne go tbh.

i feel like Fayne and Greene are honestly almost the same player. regardless, for this trade i'd be fine with whichever of the two we would ship out

#57 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'd do this easily. Andy Greene is overpaid for the skillset he brings to the table. We have too many guys that can all do the same thing. IE, Fayne, Larsson, Tallinder (tho I hate him) etc. Ship Greener out. Again, dunno that LA does this, but that's A-OK with me.

I don't think we can rely on Tallinder coming back this season. Plus, Fayne isn't the type of defenseman that can skate the puck out of trouble, and Larsson is still a rookie. I personally think Andy Greene is a very important component to this team right now (which may be good or bad depending on how you look at it).
Posted Image

#58 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Anyone else think Taormina is playing the same or even better then Greene this year?

Greene 34GP 0G 12A +7
Taormina 25GP 1G 6A +7

I think Taormina brings everything that Greene brings, same with Larsson. That's why I believe Andy is expendable in my opinion.

Edited by Zubie#8, 24 February 2012 - 01:38 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#59 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

also from IncarceratedBob, if we want to even look at his tweets today:

"Devils are being very aggressive right now (Lou is sneaky) look for them to get 2-3 key parts (Top 4D-Man / Top 9Fwd) very likely"

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

I don't get why you're all willing to further strengthen an offense that's been fine at the expense of an injury plagued and thin defense? Not to mention this is the absolute wrong year to shake up the locker room. It's a good group that likes each other, respects the coach and is playing well. When you have all that, you do not trade key pieces off the roster.

Funny how we all want the Rangers to trade Dubinsky for Nash and upset the chemistry but somehow that doesn't apply to us, getting a meager upgrade on offense. Some of these deals wouldn't even upgrade the offense at all.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 February 2012 - 01:40 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users