110 replies to this topic

#101 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Lombardi is bad at his job. It's really baffling. I can easily see what he's doing:

Lombardi: Brown is available!

Other GM's: Hey Dean, we're interested... what kind of package are you looking for.

Lombardi: Brown is NOT available!

Other GM's: But you just said...

Lombardi: I know! I just realized how important he is to this team! So if you want Brown, you have to offer up something extra special to pry him away.

Trying to drive up the trade value of his own players and it's ridiculous. Dean, you're an idiot. You have one of the worst offensive teams in the league and you're trying to make the playoffs. It's probably NOT a good idea to trade your captain and one of your most reliable consistent players.

#102 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

I keep thinking it started as four years too (three left), but (N)Єverson maintains it's this year or next year. Then again he seems to think Palmeri's on a one-way contract making $1.2 million :P

http://www.usatoday....chuk-fine_N.htm

"The Devils will give up a third-round pick in 2011 and one first-rounder — the club's choice — over the next four years."

(N)Єverson's an idiot. The Devils have until 2014.
Posted Image

#103 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

He's a c*ck bag.

Edited by njdevil26, 26 February 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#104 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

maloney was apologizing for something he said on hockey night live about brown, but i missed what he said.
Posted Image

#105 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

bah

Edited by ghdi, 26 February 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#106 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

maloney was apologizing for something he said on hockey night live about brown, but i missed what he said.

He called the Kings retarded for thinking of trading Brown.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#107 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Lombardi is bad at his job. It's really baffling. I can easily see what he's doing:

Lombardi: Brown is available!

Other GM's: Hey Dean, we're interested... what kind of package are you looking for.

Lombardi: Brown is NOT available!

Other GM's: But you just said...

Lombardi: I know! I just realized how important he is to this team! So if you want Brown, you have to offer up something extra special to pry him away.

Trying to drive up the trade value of his own players and it's ridiculous. Dean, you're an idiot. You have one of the worst offensive teams in the league and you're trying to make the playoffs. It's probably NOT a good idea to trade your captain and one of your most reliable consistent players.

I personally dont blame Lombardi for this one. I think what happened is what McKenzie said. Basically Lombardi was gauging value for Brown privately and word leaked out. Its perfectly fine to gauge someone's trade value no matter who. Once word went wide, he was quick to quash it.

Thats not giving him a pass for some of his baffling statements prior to this whole thing, but it sounds like a leak that went out of control. It seemingly motivated Brown though.

#108 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

he's a diver, i wouldnt want him here

www.SterioDesign.com

#109 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

he's a diver, i wouldnt want him here

I think the king of divers would be Selanne though. Did anyone watch the Ducks/Hawks game tonight?

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#110 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

I think the king of divers would be Selanne though. Did anyone watch the Ducks/Hawks game tonight?

mmm some part of it... missed his dives i guess... but Brown is bad, so is Subban, so ridiculous

www.SterioDesign.com

#111 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

Selanne pulled off the old squeeze the opponents stick in your armpit and fall down move. Then to top it off, scored the PP goal. Crafty old vet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users