23 replies to this topic

#1 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Well, they were selling more lithographs today (really on one), the Doc one, celebrating him with one Lithographs /30 (I got 3/30 for the amount of cups the devils won with him commentating)And then they had something an a box behing the table. It was for a Henrique Lithograph which was being sold for next game. So I asked the guy there if they were able to sell one of the Henriques to me today, instead of Sunday, and he said Sure, and asked what number I wanted. He was going to go to the "vault" and gat just the one number that I wanted, so I got the one that most people would expect me to take- 14/30. These peices loos very nice along with my Kovalchuk, that I showed on here last week. I will try to get pic's up tomorrow.

I heard that they will be diong these lithographs for the rest of the season for most players.

Also, did anyone else get a Doc lithograph?

#2 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

where and when do they sell these?

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

where and when do they sell these?

At the lower concourse silent auction table, where the sticks, canvases, and giants things are sold. On the far left of the table is the lithographs for $60 each. They are available for almost every game now I believe.

#4 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Hell ya, put em up!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#5 Giroux8

Giroux8

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Would anyone be willing to grab me one of these? I can PayPal before the game.

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

To each his own but I checked these out and the team is practically printing money.. It's basically a nice photo in a frame at a very high price
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 devilsfan525

devilsfan525

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

To each his own but I checked these out and the team is practically printing money.. It's basically a nice photo in a frame at a very high price

That was exactly what I thought about them - glad to see that someone else thinks the same thing.

#8 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

I thought the one I got for 75 with the 95 team that included three autographs was a decent price. However before it was 100 which was pretty steep and the ones now for 60 for no autographs are not worth it.

#9 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Here's the Henrique Lithograph:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now, Doc:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the print they later gave out:

Posted Image

#10 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Basically the doc emrick night this year was pretty much the same as the one three years ago.

Is it just me in thinking the devils are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to hold special nights to sell more tickets and are resorting to repeating some of them?

#11 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Basically the doc emrick night this year was pretty much the same as the one three years ago.

Is it just me in thinking the devils are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to hold special nights to sell more tickets and are resorting to repeating some of them?

I agree that the ceremony was pretty much the same thing.

I disagree about having this to sell more tickets. I think the crowd would have been the same amount of people anyway cause we had one of the best teams in the league coming in plus we have been on a roll since the all star break.

#12 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

I also agree that they are making as many pulls for "special nights" as they can. While I think Doc does deserve a night, we can all start to worry when they have NJDEVIL night and every kid in attendance gets a small stuffed doll....which quite honestly surprises me that they havent done this yet.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#13 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

I agree that the ceremony was pretty much the same thing.

I disagree about having this to sell more tickets. I think the crowd would have been the same amount of people anyway cause we had one of the best teams in the league coming in plus we have been on a roll since the all star break.

If I remember right the last time Vancouver came two seasons ago I think it was a Friday night as it was pretty dead.

#14 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

If I remember right the last time Vancouver came two seasons ago I think it was a Friday night as it was pretty dead.

It was a Wednesday night, I think. Or a Thursday.

I only remember this because I skipped class at the last minute to go.

I don't blame them for doing the lithos or the special nights as a cash-grab. I mean, if there's one thing we've learned lately, it's that the team needs cash. I'd rather they did stuff like this than minor league gimmicky stuff.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#15 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

It was a Wednesday night, I think. Or a Thursday.

I only remember this because I skipped class at the last minute to go.

I don't blame them for doing the lithos or the special nights as a cash-grab. I mean, if there's one thing we've learned lately, it's that the team needs cash. I'd rather they did stuff like this than minor league gimmicky stuff.

Repeating honor nights is minor league.

Having the announcer constantly asking the crowd to make some noise is minor league.

Having theme nights like Beatles night is minor league.

#16 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Repeating honor nights is minor league.

Having the announcer constantly asking the crowd to make some noise is minor league.

Having theme nights like Beatles night is minor league.

I definitively agree there.

#17 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

How much do the lithos go for? I haven't been out to the Rock yet, so I don't know what's been going on over there.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

The Beatles thing was a total joke, the dudes were lip synching on top of it!!! So sad

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#19 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

The Beatles thing was a total joke, the dudes were lip synching on top of it!!! So sad

Are you sure about that?

I head they werent.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#20 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Are you sure about that?

I head they werent.

They sang live for the most part.

However even for a Beatles cover band they were not good.

I wish the devils will never do a dumb theme night like that again. I wont be holding my breath though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users