196 replies to this topic

#121 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

If you are a casual fan and do not want to view or don't know about TG's blog, then the Facebook site is a big resource for those fans. To deny info on the game at hand is pretty low. If the devils were winning throughout we would see updates on every goal and after every period.

Just another example of what this organization does that is minor league.

The Lightning only updated their facebook when it was positive for them

http://www.facebook....ing.NHL?sk=wall

I think its rather nitpicky to go off on the team for something like this. While I understand where you're coming from, I imagine the lack of "negative" game updates is to stop comments on that particular post from being overly negative as people can see that and develop negative opinions about the fan base. I think the weight you give the facebook page in respect to game updates is a bit silly. I agree its a major resource, but game updates?

#122 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I think its rather nitpicky to go off on the team for something like this. While I understand where you're coming from, I imagine the lack of "negative" game updates is to stop comments on that particular post from being overly negative as people can see that and develop negative opinions about the fan base. I think the weight you give the facebook page in respect to game updates is a bit silly. I agree its a major resource, but game updates?

In that case they shouldn't provide game updates at all. Either be fair or just do not do anything except post the final score at the end of the game.

I really never use the Facebook page myself for game updates. I do know some people who are far more casual fans that do use it.

#123 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

I liked how we played in the end, but we should be playing like that the whole game. We'll bounce back tm!

Anyone get a video of the guy who won Score-O??

#124 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Agreed. Aside from game articles on teams' websites, I don't expect to see any team using its own social media to acknowledge opponents' achievements. I suppose it is classy to send out an update saying "Wow that's so-and-so's 4th home run (or 6th touchdown pass, or 3rd goal, whatever) of the game," but I don't expect this from anybody. Maybe just say something about major career achievements by the other team's players and that's it.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#125 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

I've noticed the pattern that we always tend to lose day games...

n2eg.jpg

#126 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

I've noticed the pattern that we always tend to lose day games...

And home games lately. Thats 4/5 lost.

#127 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

I wonder if that car-winning Score-O shot will be on top plays on ESPN tomorrow.

Edit: It involves a puck and a hockey stick though, so I guess not.

Edited by Devils Dose, 26 February 2012 - 04:50 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#128 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Someone actually won the car?? NICE! Didn't watch the game but heard about the car LOL.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#129 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

I wonder if that car-winning Score-O shot will be on top plays on ESPN tomorrow.

Edit: It involves a puck and a hockey stick though, so I guess not.

They would show Jeremy Lin walking down the street before they show the guy winning the car

Edited by DevsMan84, 26 February 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#130 GregKulaga

GregKulaga

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Not many breaks going the boys' way today, but Poni continues to impress and we got our first taste of Zid.

I like how Marek jumps up in the play and the chemistry he's already seemingly got with Elias and Sykora, but anyone else afraid he may get caught out of position in future games by heading so deep into the offensive zone?
#1 Fan of "Rodcast" Rod Pelley's fishing and hockey podcast

#131 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

bernier had a good game he was owning the puck behind the net, poni was all over the ice and got juggled up. zub was solid.

the jansen mess up and the st louis back door killed us

#132 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Looks like this team is back to being bland.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#133 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

We just can't finish right now. Our players just start to overthink things sometimes. We could really use Kovy pulling a Malkin in a game sometime with a highlight reel game. He's just so focused on D right now.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#134 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Seriously, Avery? I like you man, but you need to chill. We definitely deserved better against the Canucks and probably should have won this one too. Bad bounces and a few boneheaded plays costed us

#135 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Well, at least there aren't a bunch of knee jerk overreactions in here.

The team just didn't get up for the game. It happens. They have been playing better and better the last few weeks. Looking at the positive, Zidlicky looked good and the powerplay was moving around well.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#136 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'll wait for more than just two losses in a row, especially after how we have been playing the last month to start panicking

#137 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Well, at least there aren't a bunch of knee jerk overreactions in here.

The team just didn't get up for the game. It happens. They have been playing better and better the last few weeks. Looking at the positive, Zidlicky looked good and the powerplay was moving around well.

Honestly there's no excuse for this kind of an off game today. They just lost Friday, they have hell month coming up on the schedule, a home game against arguably a bottom five team without Lecavalier and Hedman was vital to win, cause now this could easily become a four-game losing streak headed into Washington Thursday, which won't be easy either now that they finally seem to have a pulse.

Yes, the team's going to the playoffs barring a full nuclear meltdown but they can't lose too much of their edge here with a tough stretch still to come, the six-game losing streak in March during Sutter's last year was the beginning of the end for that season. Plus the trend of letting the opposition's top line (when they only have one line to focus on) beat us I don't like. At least with the Florida teams. Not to mention the home woes, that have been constant since the Rock opened.

The only good news from the game is it'll likely be the end of Cam too. Let him eat pizza with Lou for the rest of the season. I like the guy but god, that was awful. From high-sticking Carter to whiffing on an easy puck and overstaying his shift (again), he should have been kicked out of the arena entirely after that instead of just benched.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#138 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Last I checked, the Lightning are 28-28-6, not 12-44-6. Apparently they've been beating a lot of teams.

It's called having a lot of games against the Mediocreast division, not to mention having a healthy Lecavalier and Hedman.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 February 2012 - 06:13 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#139 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

...really? Really?

#140 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

In that case they shouldn't provide game updates at all. Either be fair or just do not do anything except post the final score at the end of the game.

I really never use the Facebook page myself for game updates. I do know some people who are far more casual fans that do use it.

If anyone's using Facebook for updates when you can get NHL Gamecenter on your phone or have other internet sites (including the Devils' own website) then I don't know what to tell you...it's kind of short-sighted as others have pointed out to expect a social media site to post something negative and get negative comments - think TG's comments section for how much of a wasteland it can get.

But Facebook should have said something about the guy winning Score-O - even TG tweeted it - that was the highlight of the game :lol: They couldn't stop showing that highlight at the arena, like they couldn't believe it either.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 February 2012 - 06:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users