287 replies to this topic

#181 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,692 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Boston's still punked us all season and still a better team though they're a bit less fearsome if they dare to play Rolston and Mottau against us. I'm fully expecting to be down 2-0 or 3-0 after the first period, Marty gets pulled and that gives us the excuse to give him the start Friday as well.

Except we countered and attacked when there was an opportunity. The rags just park the bus in front of the Michellin man.

lol some attacking, their passing was so bad they couldn't find a teammate with binoculars and they didn't even try to shoot multiple times where they had shots that could have been good scoring opportunities.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#182 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

And again, we get, what, 1 PP? It's ridiculous now. I'd love to tabulate our PP time the last ten games. Stephen walkom is the most overrated official.

Boston's still punked us all season and still a better team though they're a bit less fearsome if they dare to play Rolston and Mottau against us. I'm fully expecting to be down 2-0 or 3-0 after the first period, Marty gets pulled and that gives us the excuse to give him the start Friday as well.

lol some attacking, their passing was so bad they couldn't find a teammate with binoculars and they didn't even try to shoot multiple times where they had shots that could have been good scoring opportunities.

I meant back when we trapped in the 90s. It was defense first but we attacked when we could. The rags today just completely park the bus. I agree with our overpassing tonight.

#183 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

It's been a long time since I've seen so many passes picked off, and so easily.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#184 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

I look at the Queen's pads during his post-game interview with Pierre, and it makes me laugh.

What a joke.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#185 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,692 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

It's been a long time since I've seen so many passes picked off, and so easily.

Not so long for me...I'm a NY Jets fan :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#186 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Not so long for me...I'm a NY Jets fan :P

Hahahaha same here, sigh
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#187 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Don't sweat it guys, this is history repeating itself. See I've been thinking and in the past 10 minutes I've come up with a brilliant, Nostradamus, Bible Code, Dan Brown kind of thought.

So listen:

The Pens won the cup in 1991
The Pens won the cup in 1992 against the Blackhawks
The Habs(an original six team now from the Northeast Division) won the cup in 1993
The Rags won the Cup in 1994
The Devils won the cup in 1995 in a lockout shortened season.

So compare that to the past several seasons:

The Pens won the cup in 09
The Blackhawks(who lost in 1992) beat the Flyers(a team from Pennsylvania) in 10
The Bruins(an original six team now from the Northeast Division) won last year.
The Rags will win this year.
The Devils will win next year in a lockout shortened season.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#188 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Don't sweat it guys, this is history repeating itself. See I've been thinking and in the past 10 minutes I've come up with a brilliant, Nostradamus, Bible Code, Dan Brown kind of thought.

So listen:

The Pens won the cup in 1991
The Pens won the cup in 1992 against the Blackhawks
The Habs(an original six team now from the Northeast Division) won the cup in 1993
The Rags won the Cup in 1994
The Devils won the cup in 1995 in a lockout shortened season.

So compare that to the past several seasons:

The Pens won the cup in 09
The Blackhawks(who lost in 1992) beat the Flyers(a team from Pennsylvania) in 10
The Bruins(an original six team now from the Northeast Division) won last year.
The Rags will win this year.
The Devils will win next year in a lockout shortened season.

Thats a stretch....but Ill allow it.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#189 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

I look at the Queen's pads during his post-game interview with Pierre, and it makes me laugh.

What a joke.

I agree. I'm pretty sure his padding is illegal. Here's a screen capture I got from the interview:

Posted Image

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#190 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Clarktard was an embarrassment tonight. you don't like a moron in a tight game.

The jury is still out on Zit Lick... but the Wild fans were complaining a lot about him

Fayne is an issue that needs to be corrected... way too erratic, way too unpredictable, lot's of mistakes

#191 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

I agree. I'm pretty sure his padding is illegal. Here's a screen capture I got from the interview:

That's pretty much what I saw! :lol:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#192 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Thats a stretch....but Ill allow it.

You never know. Canucks/Rags SCF is a very distinct possibility, but there could be a different outcome in game 7 this time.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#193 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Personally, I thought Brodeur was the one that caused the breakdown with his risky and excited play. Right after Brodeur's gaffes, the Rangers gained momentum and scored. It's similar to what Foster would do with his frantic play causing the players to panic. Sorry, but Brodeur has to show poise against these teams and keep his cool, he should know better, he's a veteran.

#194 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

It's official: John Tortellini is the Bobby "The Brain" Heenan of the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised if he gave one of his players a "foreign object" every once in a while.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#195 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

maybe some losses could do this team some good. even when winning kovy wasnt alive. moving forward....

the more i see him play the more i think is zach parise worth 7M a year? i want him here long term but he isn't some power forward or sniper. he works hard but..

:evil: lets go devils thursday and friday

#196 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

If it's any small consolation we're 2-2 against the Rags this season. We still have a shot at winning the season series.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#197 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

If it's any small consolation we're 2-2 against the Rags this season. We still have a shot at winning the season series.

thats what i lovveee about this all. on fb all the ranger fans are like devils suck and all. :rolleyes:

props to clarkson for getting something done. kovalchuk and parise where are you?

#198 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Good or bad, Clarkson was the only one who had some passion in the game. same goes for Boulton for dropping the gloves.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#199 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Wow.....coupla really weak games for Zidlicky......

weak? the guy has been moving the puck at least and making outlet passes. hes not going to be the most solid but id say it should be a good trade in our favor down the road.

has anybody noticed parise and elias almost never hit and mix things up? kovalchuk is the worst in doing that. hes a friggin beast physically and he almost never uses it to his advantage.

Edited by Mayday, 27 February 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#200 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

weak? the guy has been moving the puck at least and making outlet passes. hes not going to be the most solid but id say it should be a good trade in our favor down the road.

has anybody noticed parise and elias almost never hit and mix things up? kovalchuk is the worst in doing that. hes a friggin beast physically and he almost never uses it to his advantage.

To be fair Kovalchuk knocked down a defender in the offensive zone in the first. Dude came in to check him and Kovy stood him up.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users