287 replies to this topic

#281 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Carter sucks. I'm not thrilled he's back. Just saying.
I think after that game Clarkson should be dropped to the 4th line for sure.
Breaking up the 1st line wouldn't be a bad idea but I would drop Parise to the 2nd, not Kovalchuck.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#282 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

It's not that he doesn't play 'okay' or have the occasional moment of brilliance, but he constantly needs to match Lundqvist save for save and seldom does.

Kind of hard to do that when your team barely scores at all...I've brought up the 10 GA in Lundqvist's last 9 starts against the Devils. In 7 out of those 9 games, the Devils have scored one goal or less, but actually managed to win two of them 1-0, thanks to one shutout by Hedberg and one shutout by Marty. When you score a whopping 5 goals in 7 games, no more than one in any of them, yet manage to go 2-5 in them, that's actually kind of miraculous.

It's not like the Devils have been taking two-goal leads, or scoring two or three in these games and watching Marty let the Rangers back into the game...most of the time Marty has absolutely nothing to work with. I'm not claiming that he's been awesome against the Rangers, but the problems the Devils have against that team go deeper than Marty.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 March 2012 - 07:28 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#283 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

It's not like the Devils have been taking two-goal leads, or scoring two or three in these games and watching Marty let the Rangers back into the game...most of the time Marty has absolutely nothing to work with. I'm not claiming that he's been awesome against the Rangers, but the problems the Devils have against that team go deeper than Marty.

Amen.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#284 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Weren't the Rangers going to fall off a cliff by now if I remember correctly based on projections and the fact they only played sh!tty teams?

When the goalie is stopping pucks at a record-breaking rate (if he finishes the season with a .940 save%, he'll have set the regular-season record), that team is going to win a lot of games.

I think Tri's earlier projections were based on the Rangers not improving their earlier season play.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#285 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

When the goalie is stopping pucks at a record-breaking rate (if he finishes the season with a .940 save%, he'll have set the regular-season record), that team is going to win a lot of games.

I think Tri's earlier projections were based on the Rangers not improving their earlier season play.

As much as I think Lindqvist deserves a lot of credit and is making the Rangers look good I also think the way they are playing defense help a big deal.

Give them credit right now they are an excellent team.

#286 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,704 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/36e5zg/
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#287 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

According to Elias Sports Bureau, the 28 combined shots on goal in Monday night's Devils-Rangers game were the fewest ever in a devils game. The previous low was 32 in an Oct. 27th, 2001, game against the Buffalo Sabres.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#288 Scott O

Scott O

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

And despite the low shot count, it wasn't a boring game to watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users