186 replies to this topic

#181 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Honestly this team is like a hot girl who just teases the sh!t out of you.

You're hanging out one day, decide to go to the gym and them BAM! Text message from a hottie. Win.
You end up hanging out with her and her hot friends that night, have a three some! Win.
The next day is even better because she takes you to her place in the Hamptons. Win.
You meet her family and they invite you on their ski trip the following day. Another win.
So now you've spent almost a week with this super hot chick and you're having a blast, you're excited for the momentum to keep rolling, you want MORE wins!
BUT after the ski trip she drops you off and things become awkward. Loss.
She stops texting you. Another loss
You're wondering what the hell happened because everything was going so well. Another, fvcking, loss.

Maybe tonight that hot chick will tease us. :giggle: :blahblah:

That scenario still sounds good to some of us lol. Just like meaningful games in March would sound good to a Blue Jackets or Oilers fan. It's a matter of perspective.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#182 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Sorry, had to be said....
Tell me, Do you usually rant like a toddler when the girl drops you as well?
If so this explains a lot. :giggle:

Not usually. This is only my internet personality.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#183 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Not usually. This is only my internet personality.

haha I really honestly sometimes have this image of you in my head when the Devils lose a game based off of your reactions:

Posted Image

#184 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

haha I really honestly sometimes have this image of you in my head when the Devils lose a game based off of your reactions:

Posted Image

Imagine if that scene had never been filmed? No one would ever remember Scanners.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#185 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Imagine if that scene had never been filmed? No one would ever remember Scanners.

Very true. It has been years since I last saw that movie.

I have to admit, that gif comes handy for a lot of threads.

#186 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,425 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

What? I take my Ephemerol daily.

(Yeah, okay, you're probably right.)

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#187 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

I like how people are saying 'Oh who cares, the Devils won't make it that far in the playoffs anyway, why should I bother caring'

Seriously? I mean, honestly, why do you follow this team at all? Why follow a sport at all?

After last year? NOTHING was certain at the start of this year, hell I'm going to be happy if the Devils make it to the playoffs and put up a good fight against whoever they're matched up against.

If they go deep, hell fvcking yeah that'd be awesome. But the team's only a year removed from the worst year since the 80s or 90s or whatever.

Jeez some people are spoiled with this team. You'd think last season might've humbled some people

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users