186 replies to this topic

#21 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Oh dear god no! Rolston is going to be blasting aimless head hunters at our guys tonight on the fourth line . Some
one needs to tell volchenkov to NOT block them because they will miss the net anyways !

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Marty tonight - per Fire&Ice

Ah thanks!

#23 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Gahhhh, Im in New England so I have to suffer through Jack Edwards...have mercy on me

#24 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Gahhhh, Im in New England so I have to suffer through Jack Edwards...have mercy on me

He actually is pretty fair vs the devils, he respects Lou and loves marty. I've caught 3 NESN devils bruins game the past two years and I was surpised by him

#25 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

He actually is pretty fair vs the devils, he respects Lou and loves marty. I've caught 3 NESN devils bruins game the past two years and I was surpised by him

This is true.

#26 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

ADV'J CG TVBWAJ!
JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!
FZT NMWZC LV F NGJDGZ KMVLV XWV!
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#27 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

ADV'J CG TVBWAJ!
JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

Okay I STILL don't know how to decode these. What the hell is the secret?

LGD!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#28 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

ok we NEED to get a win tonight. and the 1st line NEEDS to get some points. come on boys, you do not want to lose 4 in a row.. bring it tonight

LGD!! :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#29 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

ADV'J CG TVBWAJ!
JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

Are you sure this is correct?

#30 Easy Parise

Easy Parise

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

LGD!

The first line is normally "let's go devils!" From there you have to use the words you know to fill in the rest, and then look at the remaining unknowns and try to piece together a coherent sentence.
Posted Image

#31 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Are you sure this is correct?

Good catch...transposed letters by accident...mea culpa, my good man...

AVD'J CG TVBWAJ!
JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Good catch...transposed letters by accident...mea culpa, my good man...

AVD'J CG TVBWAJ!
JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

LET'S GO DEVILS

SPILL THEIR CHOWDER!

AND BRING ME A BOSTON CREME PIE!

LGD!

First line is always LET'S GO DEVILS. You then fill out the blanks for the rest with using that as a key.

#33 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

LGD!

You gotta summon your inner beast to decode it.

As in... do like you do with pr0nz.

Stare and touch yourself. It'll come to you. :giggle:

Edited by Aznjsn, 01 March 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Put food on my family

#34 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

LGD!

CroMag actually makes it fairly easy for us. You know that the first line is "Let's go Devils!" You look for where the characters in the first line appear in the second and third lines of the cryptogram, and then substitute them with the letter that matched that character in the first line. Example: first line begins XPK'A you replace all X's with L's, P's with E's, etc. Then take guesses at how to complete some of the words in the 2nd and 3rd lines (watching Wheel of Fortune can help with this skill, but then you miss hockey), keeping in mind that substitutions must be uniform and unique across the puzzle. You also take into account that each line needs to be coherent, and (in NJCroMag's case) humorous.

In normal cryptograms, you receive nothing to start besides maybe a topic or knowing that it is a quote. You guess words right from the beginning and see what it leaves you with. The punctuation and location of words within the sentence can also help.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

CroMag actually makes it fairly easy for us. You know that the first line is "Let's go Devils!" You look for where the characters in the first line appear in the second and third lines of the cryptogram, and then substitute them with the letter that matched that character in the first line. Example: first line begins XPK'A you replace all X's with L's, P's with E's, etc. Then take guesses at how to complete some of the words in the 2nd and 3rd lines (watching Wheel of Fortune can help with this skill, but then you miss hockey), keeping in mind that substitutions must be uniform and unique across the puzzle. You also take into account that each line needs to be coherent, and (in NJCroMag's case) humorous.

In normal cryptograms, you receive nothing to start besides maybe a topic or knowing that it is a quote. You guess words right from the beginning and see what it leaves you with. The punctuation and location of words within the sentence can also help.

Exactly. He makes it a world of a lot easier on us with the first line.

If it was a cryptogram like you see in the papers, you might not see an answer for a while until gametime. However, I might be speaking for myself on that.

#36 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

lets go devils!!

#37 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

lol
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#38 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Has he stopped ripping Kovalchuk yet? I remember one game last season where he berated Kovy throughout the entire game...what a tool

Edited by Zubie#8, 01 March 2012 - 04:52 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#39 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

last year someone threw loose change on the ice at an isles game :ph34r:

pay him in rubles lol

Edited by lazer, 01 March 2012 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Go Devils!! hopefully will be able to listen to this one... Tomorrow I finally will be home and be able to watch every game again! SO THANKFUL for that! Big game tonight though, please win tonight, there are far too many Baaaaahsten fans on this ship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users