186 replies to this topic

#121 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

The Devils have three games in hand on Winnipeg. I wouldn't worry too much about them.

You actually have to win your games in hand.

#122 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

This losing streak isn't the worst thing. I wouldn't say this is the same thing as past years. Still a ton of games to go. This is a small bump in the road.

The Devils played a bad 6-8 minutes tonight.

Really liked what I saw from the third line. Hope that one sticks.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#123 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

To battle back after going down 2-0 in the first 10 mins, you know they aren't sulking about the last 3 games and they are battling hard

I'll take the point and let's kill the Caps

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#124 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

You actually have to win your games in hand.

Oh please...so now the Devils are just going to keep losing? They'll snap out of it. So much panic around here...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#125 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Oh please...so now the Devils are just going to keep losing? They'll snap out of it. So much panic around here...

They better snap out of it soon(tomorrow) because if they don't it'll snowball. The upcoming schedule is not pretty.

#126 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, this. The Devils are playing almost as well as they were during their winning streak, they're just not getting the bounces. Kovalchuk's shot has gone cold. The referees have stopped calling penalties.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#127 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

we NEEEEEEEEEED to get a win against Washington.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#128 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

A hot streak is followed by a cold streak. Which team will show up when playoffs roll around.

got to get there first but this is a worry

the kovy to zach goal was what this team needs more of

after that 1st goal ill take a point
Posted Image

#129 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

On the bright side: we don't have to face Boston anymore (at least not the regular season)

#130 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

we NEEEEEEEEEED to get a win against Washington.

We NEEEEEEEEEED to win the next 2 games on this trip or we're in serious trouble.

Edited by Marv4Life, 01 March 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#131 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Really liked the way the Devils played tonight besides the opening minutes they fought hard!
My question is, is it just me or does it seem like every goaltender that plays us seems to play the best game of their career! It has been very rare this year we catch a goalie who we get some soft ones on! I know it happens but it's very rare!
Let's crush the caps!!!!!!!!!! Kovy or Zach needs a hat trick!"

LET'S GO DEVILS !!!!!

#132 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

We NEEEEEEEEEED to win the next 2 games on this trip or we're in serious trouble.

for sureeeee

#133 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

SOme people are aware of my man crush on Josefson, but i thought he was really good tonight.

#134 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, no.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#135 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

I think there's an argument for both sides here.

- It's highly unlikely that the losing streak will continue, especially with 3 games against the Isles in the next 9 days.

However:

- We are now a .500 team when you take away the skills competition (25-25 in regulation/OT, 10-3 in shootouts). Those extra wins might be masking some real issues.

#136 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

I think there's an argument for both sides here.

- It's highly unlikely that the losing streak will continue, especially with 3 games against the Isles in the next 9 days.

However:

- We are now a .500 team when you take away the skills competition (25-25 in regulation/OT, 10-3 in shootouts). Those extra wins might be masking some real issues.

veryyyy good point. its like its been in the back of my mind but i don't want to think that there really IS an issue

#137 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

overall the team busted their asses the 2nd and 3rd. Would have loved to see a full win there but Ill take the 1 point. Tomorrow will be another battle. The loosing streak ends tomorrow.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#138 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

overall the team busted their asses the 2nd and 3rd. Would have loved to see a full win there but Ill take the 1 point. Tomorrow will be another battle. The loosing streak ends tomorrow.

atta boy. this will not continue. we are playing hard too, good call... we can only hope that its just the fact we're not getting the bounces

#139 J0llyR0ger

J0llyR0ger

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Anyone have a video of that Marchand clip on Kovy?
Posted Image

#140 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

They probably won't win tomorrow, a rusty Moose or a tired Marty going against a suddenly hot, talented team in a fifth game in just over a week. If you want to panic by all means, you act like the teams chasing us are all going to get hot while we slump.

If this turns into the 2007 Mets then fine, you'll get your wish and there'll be more major changes. But until it gets to a point where we're two ahead of the eighth seed can we please stop overreacting to every little losing streak and assuming it'll snowball or saying they 'need' to win this one and that one when the other teams chasing us are the ones that need to win? The overreaction annoys me more than the losing.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 March 2012 - 10:33 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users