• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#181 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Rangers really are having everything go their way this year. I officially predict that as soon as the playoffs start, they go cold and get swept in the first round.

Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#182 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Should Hedberg start on Sunday?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#183 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

what matters more is we light up nabby and a weak D
Posted Image

#184 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

This picture says it all.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#185 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Now we just need Kovalchuk and Josefson to get some goals here.

Yes, and I don't think it will be long before these guys start producing again. Both have been playing quite well, in my opinion. Of Course Josefson could be stronger on the puck, but he seems to be progressing well.

Edited by nessus, 02 March 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#186 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

Has anyone noticed that Parise and Kovalchuk seem to have become good friends? I've been noticing it here and there through their various actions over the past few weeks. Last game against Boston, they hugged each other on the bench, which I haven't seen too often when players are off the ice. Today, Kovalchuk kneeled next to Parise when he got sandwiched and looked really concerned. They just seem very happy being around each other. I may be looking for something that's not there, but if true it can only be good in getting Parise to stay.

Edited by Amberite, 02 March 2012 - 10:57 PM.

#187 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,722 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Rangers really are having everything go their way this year. I officially predict that as soon as the playoffs start, they go cold and get swept in the first round.

The problem with people's perception of the Rangers is everyone assumes it's all about the goalie when it's not. They're well coached, have a good system in place and have a lot of role players contributing. Even their fourth line isn't useless the way ours has been for most of the season.

The only area where they've been 'lucky' is in terms of injuries. Other than Staal in the first half of the season they haven't had one key guy getting hurt for a prolonged period. But they've been a healthy team for years, perhaps our medical team should take notes :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#188 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

devils new logo
Posted Image

Edited by lazer, 02 March 2012 - 11:11 PM.

Posted Image

#189 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

The problem with people's perception of the Rangers is everyone assumes it's all about the goalie when it's not. They're well coached, have a good system in place and have a lot of role players contributing. Even their fourth line isn't useless the way ours has been for most of the season.

The only area where they've been 'lucky' is in terms of injuries. Other than Staal in the first half of the season they haven't had one key guy getting hurt for a prolonged period. But they've been a healthy team for years, perhaps our medical team should take notes :P

Well I was more referring to the fact that things go right for them when they need them to go right. They were being outshot 30-15 against the Bolts today, trailing 2-3 late in the 3rd, and tied it up. You can say that's the sign of a good team, and I agree to a certain degree. But it's also very fortuitous. Put very simply, things work out for them. But yes, the fact that they never have to deal with players being out for extended periods is really annoying.

#190 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

How in the world do we only get 2 PP's against a team we absolutely dominated from start to finish? Several penalties not called. Then again, I'm not surprised as this has been the trend for referees and the devils.

Number of Power Plays we've gotten the last eleven games (all games we have played pretty well and have been in):

I hope this is a league-wide trend and not just with the Devils. It's like the refs have just decided to stash away the whistles the past month.

Great game by the boys tonight.

#191 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,722 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

Well in fairness, we haven't exactly been shorthanded a ton more than that either, it does seem like we're playing by pre-lockout NHL rules in our games lately :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#192 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Okay, the Rangers obsession is getting tiresome. They could lose in the first round, they might not.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#193 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

How in the world do we only get 2 PP's against a team we absolutely dominated from start to finish? Several penalties not called. Then again, I'm not surprised as this has been the trend for referees and the devils.

Number of Power Plays we've gotten the last eleven games (all games we have played pretty well and have been in):

I hope this is a league-wide trend and not just with the Devils. It's like the refs have just decided to stash away the whistles the past month.

Great game by the boys tonight.

Penalties are down league-wide again this year, but you have left out the game where the Devils got 7 power plays in Buffalo.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#194 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Okay, the Rangers obsession is getting tiresome. They could lose in the first round, they might not.

Meh, they're probably our biggest rival. This is the first year in 15+ where they may actually win something, and we all know what happened the last time that happened (since they're STILL talking about it). It's only natural to fixate on it.

#195 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Back from 7th and F Streets plus a few celebratory beers at RFD and Fadoes. Zubs was an animal tonight and was overpowering when he was on the ice. He was totally men & boys with the Caps defensemen down low and in the corners. Moose was big in the 1st before the Devils got their feet. Its funny because Moose might have stopped 5 pucks the entire pre-game warm-up.

About 7 hats were tossed on the ice for Parise's hat trick. Good number of Devils fans in the building tonight as always in Washington. Nice to get 4 points out of that building this season. The last 10 minutes of the game the building was 25% full which made the "Lets Go Devils" chant from the upper deck hillarious.

#196 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

I wonder how Chico knew that Zubrus learned that backflip in elementary school gymnastics.

#197 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

Has anyone noticed that Parise and Kovalchuk seem to have become good friends? I've been noticing it here and there through their various actions over the past few weeks. Last game against Boston, they hugged each other on the bench, which I haven't seen too often when players are off the ice. Today, Kovalchuk kneeled next to Parise when he got sandwiched and looked really concerned. They just seem very happy being around each other. I may be looking for something that's not there, but if true it can only be good in getting Parise to stay.

I noticed that too. I think it's great.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#198 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Penalties are down league-wide again this year, but you have left out the game where the Devils got 7 power plays in Buffalo.

Ah, my mistake. Good catch. Number of Power Plays we've gotten the last eleven games (all games we have played pretty well and have been in):

Still a low average for a team playing well.

#199 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

That game was awesome.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#200 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

guys, I a mfvcked up in a new hampshire hotel and I still support our boys. I am so proud that they broke that little losiing streak! Z Par with the hattrifk! Lets go Devils!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users