210 replies to this topic

#161 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

Remember when the Caps were 7-0 to start the season? Neither do they.

25-27-5 since...they cannot keep it together for more than a few games...

I think Dale Hunter will be heading back to London in the not too distant future.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#162 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Sens lost. so thats nice. nice little Friday.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#163 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hawks just helped us out too, by beating Ottawa in regulation.

#164 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Rags/Bolts tied!

The Devils aren't catching the Rags, but I'm all for the Rangers losing games. Go Lightning!
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#165 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,372 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Nice to see the Devils have a great game like this after being on a 4 game winless streak. While they may not have played their best at times during that streak they really weren't getting any bounces/luck to go their way during it so it was night to see that reverse for them tonight.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#166 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Sens lost. so thats nice. nice little Friday.

This is why you don't panic. The teams trailing the Devils are going to lose games too. Devils now have two games-in-hand on the 7th and 8th place teams, and are 8 points up on the 9th-place Caps, with the same number of games played.

And the Lightning score!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 02 March 2012 - 09:42 PM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#167 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Parise had a goal for just about every 3 minutes of ice time tonight. Only played 9:36.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#168 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice
Have a feeling Parise might have had some teeth knocked down his throat on that.

lol poor Zach...after losing some teeth in the playoffs in the Ranger series a couple years ago, he's on his way to a Dano-looking jaw :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#169 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Gotta say I was super worried when Parise went to the locker room. When he came out for the 3rd it was more exciting than being up 5 goals.

#170 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Bolts are doing it right. Getting right in there up close on Lundburg.

Posted Image

#171 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Posted Image

Too lazy to look back and see if it's been posted already - but even if it has, it's worth putting on multiple pages, yeah?

Edited by thelastonealive, 02 March 2012 - 09:54 PM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#172 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Parise had a goal for just about every 3 minutes of ice time tonight. Only played 9:36.

He was 3-for-3 on his shots too. Great night for Zach.

Dammit, Rags score...3-3

#30 FOREVER!

#173 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

I understand why some may get really worked up. When you are this passionate about a professional sports team there will be nights where you are doubtful. However you need to learn that this is what it is. Sports teams have their high seasons and their lower seasons. Yes there are people here that are over the top and I dont know what that is about. There are also people here that are overly optimistic. You have to find that perfect median.

People 'overly optomistic' around here are in short supply :lol:

I don't think anyone was being disrespectful calling out the people who were 'sure' we were going down the tubes. I don't think anyone is claiming things are hunky dorey just because we're in a solid position for the playoffs either.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#174 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

I think it was DevilinLA who told me to wait until the end of the week to be gloom and doom. I feel okay.

Rags goonin' it up. No extra call on the Prust tackle.

#175 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Rangers really are having everything go their way this year. I officially predict that as soon as the playoffs start, they go cold and get swept in the first round.

#176 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

BOLTS WIN!!!!!!!!

#177 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Rangers really are having everything go their way this year. I officially predict that as soon as the playoffs start, they go cold and get swept in the first round.

Doubtful, but I'm all for it.

Wish the Devils could find a way to put four past Henrik, like the Lightning just did...maybe Tuesday...

#30 FOREVER!

#178 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

ok day game with the isles, give them the day off tomorrow

shut out moose, props

Edited by lazer, 02 March 2012 - 10:23 PM.

Posted Image

#179 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

For me, I just feel like my team deserves the benefit of the doubt in most situations.. I love this team, so why would I assume the worst around every corner.. If last seaso taught us anything, it's that the seaso is long and you will have many high and lows..

I would say that, if anything, my optimism also comes in part to wanting to combat the idiots who choose to view everything in a negative light.. Like the idiot who basically said he doesn't think we'll win the Cup so he's not bothering to care this season.. What total nonsense!! I could write a book on how ridiculous that is.. And where's that a$$hole tonight? Oh wait, he didn't watch because it was a meaningless win since he knows we wont win the Cup

Edited by Colin226, 02 March 2012 - 10:24 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#180 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,050 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Nice game - so much for the whole 'Devils probably will lose tonight', or that Neuvirth 'has our number'. Devils sure got some breaks, but I thought on the whole the coverage in the zone was pretty good. Larsson is slowly getting better, I think.

Now we just need Kovalchuk and Josefson to get some goals here.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users