180 replies to this topic

#121 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

a very easy game to win for us ruined by the clear lack of chemistry. the passes never found their target on time or on place.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#122 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Last four games:

1 (Rags) - Worst performance of the season
2 - Eh
3 - Best performance of the season
4 (Today) - WTF

#123 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

1-4-1 in the last six games, just wow. This team cant seem to get it together right now. Bracing myself for a very tough March. PDB has to start mixing and matching when players are out of sync, he has to realize that this is sometimes necessary.

Kovy-Elias-Bernier
Parise-Josefson-Zubrus
Sykora-Henrique-Clarkson
4th line -> AHL

Edited by Anhkheg, 04 March 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#124 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'm sure Triumph or someone could check the stats, but March hasn't been a very good month for us since 05-06.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#125 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

i hate afternoon games against the islanders... seems like all i have is bad memories about those

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#126 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

I just feel like the GDT is not intended to be a one man sobfest. Obviously after a lame performance we're all going to rip into the team, but holy over the top... Every single time

Oh I hear you, I agree completely. But there's always that character on the boards that does something similar to this every season that I've been here, so you just kinda ignore it as beat ya can and move on.

It's part of the njdevs lifestyle, haha

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#127 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hedberg should have been in goal they would have won. I am not blaming Mary but they just don't get it done in front of him.

#128 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

This one really bothered me for some reason. To go flat in an obvious trap game last Sunday at home is one thing, to be flat AGAIN a week later against a quasi-rival who you know is going to compete is something else. Especially after you've just recently lost four in a row. On the one hand it's a good thing they have a cushion, but this is also a problem twofold:

A) They're playing like they know they have a cushion now...if it wasn't for Marty this game was 5-0 easy.
B) They cannot beat the Rangers or Bruins (at least not in the first round), and thus really need to finish 6 or above.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 March 2012 - 07:06 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#129 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

He hasn't won the game for us either. Start Moose Tuesday not because Marty sucked or he sucks against the Rangers, blah blah blah, but maybe the team will actually show up for Moose.

lol whatever. When Marty doesn't play well he's old and needs to sit for the better of the team. When Marty does play well he still sucks cause the team doesn't play for him. How about Kovy and Elias doing something? Have they been on IR the last two weeks? Clarkson was basically the only forward I had any hope of scoring, and that's a problem when your supposed big three are supposed to be your best offensive players. But it's all Marty's fault we get shut out by a fifth-string goalie.

We went 23-8-3 with Marty starting the majority of the games but they don't play for him. God, I love this place :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 March 2012 - 07:11 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#130 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Fan forums: leave logic at the door!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#131 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

Thats fine but you cant fault Marty in this game..the goal he let in was a little soft but he more than made up for it with other saves.

Soft? That was basically a miracle shot by Okposo while Volcheknov had him tied up. He got it off in a good spot though, certainly not a soft goal. Just an unlikely one. One we ain't getting because we weren't going to the ****ing net.

#132 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

lol whatever. When Marty doesn't play well he's old and needs to sit for the better of the team. When Marty does play well he still sucks cause the team doesn't play for him. How about Kovy and Elias doing something? Have they been on IR the last two weeks? Clarkson was basically the only forward I had any hope of scoring, and that's a problem when your supposed big three are supposed to be your best offensive players. But it's all Marty's fault we get shut out by a fifth-string goalie.

We went 23-8-3 with Marty starting the majority of the games but they don't play for him. God, I love this place :P

Moose clearly would have given up negative 1 goals.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#133 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Soft? That was basically a miracle shot by Okposo while Volcheknov had him tied up. He got it off in a good spot though, certainly not a soft goal. Just an unlikely one. One we ain't getting because we weren't going to the ****ing net.

Maybe soft isnt the rite word...but it was one that shouldnt have happened, more defensive fault than Marty. but I am not blaming Marty at all by no means, he kept the devs in.
Posted Image

#134 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

For games I've gone to at NVMC:

Devils are 0-2-0 and didn't score a goal in either game :argh:

I'll be there Saturday so don't bother watching :doh1:
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#135 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

Whats with Clarkson making good passes of his strong board work???!!! where did that come from? this is two games in a row for him in the passing dept. that line played well

our first line just could not score, though we kept their top line silent as well

one okposo goal in a phone booth!

#136 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

For games I've gone to at NVMC:

Devils are 0-2-0 and didn't score a goal in either game

at that rate theyll be knocking on the door by the end of the week...

this is a typical game for the devs lately, as was the last islanders game.

i think this team can win at will, i do.
Posted Image

#137 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Uh, I wasn't blaming Marty for the loss. Reread my post. The team relies on him to bail them out wayyy too much.

Edited by Marv4Life, 04 March 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#138 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Today was a DISASTER.

No way around it.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#139 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

A) They're playing like they know they have a cushion now...if it wasn't for Marty this game was 5-0 easy.

They do this every season, at least every season since 05-06. They even did that last season. We were on a hot streak and totally slumped the last month.
In the past we've had the cushion and we don't right now. These guys need to get it in their head that they gotta play and not cruise this month. Oh, and Marty isn't of the age and skillset to bail them out all the time anymore.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#140 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

devs had two 5 on 3 penalty kills, 12 PIM to 4

all of the other games have been mostly even as of late

minus the 10 minutes to clarkson in the rags game
Posted Image