180 replies to this topic

#141 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Oh hey I'm back. Just pointing out that Brodeur is unfortunately 0-4-1 in his last 5.
He could have won 1 or 2 of those games but Hedberg needs to start Tuesday.
Also just realized all of these losses have been coming at a 1 goal differential.
This team is insanely strange. Hence a 5-0 win vs. 1-0 loss against a weaker team IMO.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 04 March 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#142 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Oh hey I'm back. Just pointing out that Brodeur is unfortunately 0-4-1 in his last 5.

Solid first post back

#143 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

you pretty much make these threads unreadable for me.

Agreed about SMT3
Long time coming - maybe he'll get the message this time.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#144 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

Just pull the goalie and get this 2-0 loss over with.
Wow really looking forward to going to the game Tuesday. They picked a great time to play like this.

I know I'm late, but did you not see the Caps game man?

#145 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

I'm not surprised, we always lose to the islanders.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#146 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

Agreed

Its also comical how he talks to himself on the out of town games thread.

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 March 2012 - 02:06 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#147 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,876 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

Yeah i tried and others tried to make him understand politely to tone down his emotions.... I mean its ridiculous... The guy joined the forum 2 months and a half ago... And hes already a 1130 posts... And about 90% of them were either useless whining or overjoy comments. And hes blaming the team for being inconsistant... Look at yourself man

Members here went out of their way many times in different thread to tell him that hes annoying and that NO ONE here likes reading his constant bullsh!t... And its always the same response " im a passionate fan.. Bla bla bla"

I mean i feel bad for posting this really but man this guy is becoming so annoying... Now when the devils are losing im getting even more pissed cause I KNOW im gonna have to read all his bullsh!t. I mean yeah we all whine here from time to time obviously, but hes just too much

I REALLY hope this is the last time we have to make him understand... I mean personaly if many members here would have told me that im annoying and all that... Id feel bad and change my way, i wouldnt want to be associated with constant whining and all that overblown emotion all the time

www.SterioDesign.com

#148 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

You win and you are in. Moose Tuesday please because this team somehow finds a way to lose when Marty plays.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#149 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

I'm sure Triumph or someone could check the stats, but March hasn't been a very good month for us since 05-06.

They haven't been great, but they haven't been complete disasters either...and they usually pull it together somewhat in April:

'10-'11 8-5-1 (3-3 in April)
'09-'10 7-5-3 (4-2 in April)
'08-'09 7-6-1 (but went 0-4-1 to end the month...4-2 in April)
'07-'08 6-6-1 (3-1 in April)
'06-'07 6-6-2 (3-1 in April)
'05-'06 7-5-3 (9-0 in April)

1-1-1 so far this season, with 14 left to play...coming in I was hoping for 20 points for the month, which means they have 14 games left in the month to come up with 17 points. It won't be easy, but they can do it.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#150 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

He could have won 1 or 2 of those games but Hedberg needs to start Tuesday.
Also just realized all of these losses have been coming at a 1 goal differential.
This team is insanely strange. Hence a 5-0 win vs. 1-0 loss against a weaker team IMO.

They're not insanely strange. Things are evening out for them.

This team was due for a slump...many of us have pointed out that 23-8-3 surge they enjoyed before this downturn. Are the Devils really so good that they should have been expected to continue to win at that pace? Especially since they had a fair number of breaks going their way at times during that stretch? Tri has pointed this out, and it's true...this team is not really playing THAT much worse than they were before. And speaking in absolutes, like when people say things that amount to "The Devils should automatically beat teams below them in the standings", that stuff just doesn't hold true in a parity-driven league like the NHL anymore. These teams are just not very far apart these days, and any team can beat any other team any given night. You don't see pathetic, almost-no-chance-to-win, 41-point teams like the '83-'84 Devils playing anymore. Bottom-feeders are still not good teams, but they're better now than their past counterparts.

Let's face it, the feeling here for many of us was that this team was going to be a lower seed. And as long as they avoid a complete collapse (that would be 7 or 8 wins the rest of the way), they'll get into the playoffs...and if you think about it, the best seed for them right now might very well be the 6...I don't think they'll enjoy any great home ice advantage if they're the 4, and the 5 will probably put them up against Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#151 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

It's the Rangers so the strategy will be play Marty in goal.

#152 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

May I remind everyone that there is an ignore feature for people who really annoy you?

I'm not trying to play mod here. I'm just saying, the ignore feature has made GDT's much more enjoyable for me.

I wish I could hit the +1 button on this post more than once.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#153 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

I cant believe anyone is debating starting Marty or hedberg...... How can you blame Marty if we lose 1-0? Seriously!? hedberg gets all kinds of offensive support in an easy 5-0 game but Marty gets 0 support...... if marty was losing games 4 or 5-0 I would sit him but he isnt so go with the Hall of famer!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#154 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

SM3 is a bit manic, but he hasnt attacked anyone personally AFAIK (maybe foster lol) if you dont like his posts then dont read them. carp has been overly negative as well

#155 jamieleewv

jamieleewv

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

6th place is where i hope we finish anyway. I would rather face florida washington or winnipeg in the 1st round than boston pittsburgh or philadelphia.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

#156 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,961 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

6th place is where i hope we finish anyway. I would rather face florida washington or winnipeg in the 1st round than boston pittsburgh or philadelphia.

Yep this. Home ice be damned, if the Devils can face Washington or Florida in the 1st round I don't think it'll matter much

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#157 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

I cant believe anyone is debating starting Marty or hedberg...... How can you blame Marty if we lose 1-0? Seriously!? hedberg gets all kinds of offensive support in an easy 5-0 game but Marty gets 0 support...... if marty was losing games 4 or 5-0 I would sit him but he isnt so go with the Hall of famer!

+1000. I'm always amazed at how insane some people are after a loss around here. How can you blame Marty for this loss, or the loss to the Rags last week? He's been very good for a long stretch here. If the offense can't score, then you can put Jesus Christ in net and they're still going to lose.
Posted Image

#158 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

+1000. I'm always amazed at how insane some people are after a loss around here. How can you blame Marty for this loss, or the loss to the Rags last week? He's been very good for a long stretch here. If the offense can't score, then you can put Jesus Christ in net and they're still going to lose.

I think it's less about people blaming Marty, and more about some fans feeling that the team plays better in front of Hedberg, for whatever the reasons. I'm def not in that camp, just clarifying that I don't think this is a bash Marty thing.

#30 FOREVER!

#159 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

I think it's less about people blaming Marty, and more about some fans feeling that the team plays better in front of Hedberg, for whatever the reasons. I'm def not in that camp, just clarifying that I don't think this is a bash Marty thing.

Honestly I was surprised Marty got the start yesterday after Moose got the shutout on Friday. Usually Moose would get it again after that.

I noticed Marty has been playing a lot more after DeBoer yanked him in Calgary. He is even using him in both games for back to backs. It makes me wonder if this is Lou's call again or if Marty said something.

#160 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Honestly I was surprised Marty got the start yesterday after Moose got the shutout on Friday. Usually Moose would get it again after that.

I noticed Marty has been playing a lot more after DeBoer yanked him in Calgary. He is even using him in both games for back to backs. It makes me wonder if this is Lou's call again or if Marty said something.

Admittedly, this is the one thing I wish would stop. Marty hasn't played so well that he should be starting both ends of back-to-backs, and Hedberg deserves to get more starts than he does. Marty's played well enough that I don't mind him starting 65%-75% of the time, but sometimes I wonder what Hedberg has to do to get in there just a little more often. Four starts since 1/11 seems a little unfair to both goalies.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users