48 replies to this topic

#21 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

FYI - Here is the link to the renewal brochure that the team sent out.. I thought maybe some non-STH would want to take a look.. They do a good job making these look nice lol

http://link.coremoti...acb4f4f541349b3
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

I will post what i got once i know what i get as my "reward" :). So far i have gotten items in my top 3-4 every year and this year i renewed the earliest :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#23 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

About the only thing i think could be added is the prices for next season by location

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

I will post what i got once i know what i get as my "reward" :). So far i have gotten items in my top 3-4 every year and this year i renewed the earliest :)

When did you renew the other years? Maybe I still have hope of getting one of the suite choices haha.

Even if not, a $200 food and beverage card, access to the practice/autograph thing and player awards (the latter two of which I've never gotten to) are still pretty decent perks, even if I wind up getting the STH chant prize :lol:

I half toyed with the idea of picking the parking credit simply because there are weekend games where it's a pain in the rear end to have an hour layover between the end of the game and the train out of Broad Street, but figured it'd only be good for 3-4 games anyway, and I might have to pay for parking the whole season to get a 'credit' on it anyway, which I won't do cause taking the train is far less expensive for me.

About the only thing i think could be added is the prices for next season by location

Supposedly some of the $22 seats are going to $24 for next season, luckily I'm at the lowest $22 row before the $24 seats start lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 05 March 2012 - 09:22 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#25 cj241

cj241

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

I know which thread over on the HFBboards your talking about. I'm just going to wait only because I really don't care which renewal prize I get. I actually think it would be pretty cool to play basketball on the Pru Center court granted they give you at least a decent amount of shooting time. O the hate I will receive for thinking this :whistling:

You're allowed to think that, but for someone like me who is a short white girl with a short white dad, we don't do basketball. Getting that would be terrible for us. We renewed relatively early and we've always gotten one of our top 3 choices, so I'm not too worried.

#26 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

I had $22 seats, they are now $24 next season.

Last renewal i waited a few days and still got a decent award.

Haha if i ever got "zamboni" i dont think i would renew the following year... Well this year include the basketball thing as well.

I was lucky enough to get season ticket holder of the game during a recent game, but my dad ended up doing it since i was mia :). So this award isnt something i would be interested in either. Sure wish they would bring back the 4 ledge seats option, i enjoyed those quite a bit.

#27 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

FYI - Here is the link to the renewal brochure that the team sent out.. I thought maybe some non-STH would want to take a look.. They do a good job making these look nice lol

http://link.coremoti...acb4f4f541349b3

I am glad the Devils these days are rewarding the fans more for buying season tickets. It is still a pretty big investment and with Stubhub regularly pricing the games cheaper than STH prices it still shows a good sense of commitment. I also see that they will only give the double your season tickets to STH this year.

Back in the day when my family had them I remember the only "reward" we basically got all year was the skate/autograph session. We didn't even go every year due to the long lines but I do remember we went during the 95-96 season cause I had Mike Peluso sign my Peluso jersey.

#28 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

The email says I can renew online, but when I sign in to my account there's no renewal info there. What's up with that?

Well, after some struggle I finally got this all figured out and was able to renew my tickets. My wife and I were very curious to see how much of an increase they'd add this year, and were pleasantly surprised that it amounted to only about $2 per ticket. Made the decision to renew an easy one.

#29 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

It looks like they kept our ticket prices the same for next season. Can't beat that!
Posted Image

#30 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

When I had full seasons I never renewed my seats until September, right before training camp started. I don't think giving them the money so early was every worth any of the "gifts" that they hand out.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 06 March 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#31 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

When I had full seasons I never renewed my seats until September, right before training camp started. I don't think giving them the money so early was every worth any of the "gifts" that they hand out.

I think if you dont renew by April 2 they 'release' your seats.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

What's the difference, you were still giving them the money. You'd rather have three months of minimal bank interest on a couple thousand dollars or whatever than the add ons?

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 March 2012 - 03:09 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Their drop dead date was never that early before the last two years. It's one reason I couldn't keep my 208 seats last year.

#34 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

I never had a problem keeping my seats, they were always still there waiting for me.

#35 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

What's the difference, you were still giving them the money. You'd rather have three months of minimal bank interest on a couple thousand dollars or whatever than the add ons?

I would use that money for other things at the time, just my personal preference.

This is my first year in many, many years that I don't have full season tickets. hdtv has spoiled it for me and I've found that it's really not worth the amount of money.

#36 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Seriously, right? Folks, consider the following hypothetical:
  • Your season tickets cost $4000
  • You have an investment that you know will pay 2% APY compounded monthly (good luck with that)
If you hold off until September, you will earn an additional $47 in interest.
This is only worth it if the prizes that they offer hold less than this much value to you (in which case, What exactly about following the Devils gets you excited?), or if you have problems getting the cash (in which case you should probably be supporting the team on TV and leaving it at a few games attended in person).
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#37 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

Are they keeping the supporter section for next year?

#38 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Are they keeping the supporter section for next year?

I hope not

#39 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

I did the Cheer Now, Pay Later. I just got to talk to my ticket rep. about the renewal benefits for next season.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#40 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

This is only my second year as a STH so I had a question for longer time season ticket holders... I'm filling out my renewal stuff and I was wondering if people who had been to both the BBQ and the private practice preferred one over the other?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users