• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 John Q

John Q

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

This is only my second year as a STH so I had a question for longer time season ticket holders... I'm filling out my renewal stuff and I was wondering if people who had been to both the BBQ and the private practice preferred one over the other?

to answer your question, we took the practice and meet and great this year. Probably would do it opposite next year. Why?
The Devils just sent out a "tentative date" for the practice and highly touted that there is a chance of cancelation due to sched, if they cancel the practice would be the next day..... a freakin monday? I'm not kidding! I guess they feel the fans don't have to work.
Sounds like they do these things back asswards.

#42 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Yeah I'm not sure why they waited until the last minute to schedule the open practice.. Could have easily fit it in back in November/December.. If its on a Monday they will have a ton of pissed off STH.. Maybe next season they will announce the open practice is a morning skate in San Jose before a game lol
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 John Q

John Q

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Yeah I'm not sure why they waited until the last minute to schedule the open practice.. Could have easily fit it in back in November/December.. If its on a Monday they will have a ton of pissed off STH.. Maybe next season they will announce the open practice is a morning skate in San Jose before a game lol

Agreed Colin, last moment = pissed off fans! the wording almost admits the are going to cancel, just think... they play Carolina in Carolina Saturday night, by the time they catch flight home and arrive at their destinations (HOME) it'll be nearly 3am +/- you think they are going to be up to a meet and greet???? Me thinks NOT! they will make it Monday, a regular skate/practice.
I think it is lame! could have done better.

Edited by John Q, 18 March 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#44 devils744

devils744

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

i agree with this. there really is no excuse to not have this stuff scheduled awhile ago. there is plenty of time during the season to schedule these 3 meet & greets out where you could do one every few months instead of cramming 2 in at the end of the season when the schedule is crazy.

i assume next year will be a lot easier to schedule these things since the nets will be no more.

Edited by devils744, 18 March 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#45 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

So I paid for the playoffs last week, and in doing so it asked me which game I want extra tickets to. I chose one, and today I received two extra tickets. The thing is, I havent paid for next year's tickets yet and I am not sure I am going to renew yet.

If I dont renew I wonder if they will charge me for the extras :noclue:

Edited by Blown01NJ, 23 March 2012 - 06:24 PM.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,218 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

It doesn't matter if you renew, the extra tickets were strictly a bonus for paying your playoff invoice up front.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#47 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

It doesn't matter if you renew, the extra tickets were strictly a bonus for paying your playoff invoice up front.

That's not what the email says. The only option if you arent renewing is to pay in full. I'll take it though. Seats they gave me are better than mine.

Edited by Blown01NJ, 23 March 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#48 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

So I paid for the playoffs last week, and in doing so it asked me which game I want extra tickets to. I chose one, and today I received two extra tickets. The thing is, I havent paid for next year's tickets yet and I am not sure I am going to renew yet.

If I dont renew I wonder if they will charge me for the extras :noclue:

The two bonus tickets were an incentive to pay your playoff tickets in full not your season ticket package.

#49 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

The two bonus tickets were an incentive to pay your playoff tickets in full not your season ticket package.

If you arent renewing there is NO other option.

From the email:

Posted Image

To me this reads the incentive if only if you renew your seats. I'm not complaining, just saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users