234 replies to this topic

#181 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

really hope this carries on into thursday against the islanders. i dont see how it couldn't. we skated circles around the top team in the east tonight, for most of the game. that must do something for their confidence. for now though, im going to continue my celebration with a southern tier pumking :cheers: .

Edited by Kovy138, 07 March 2012 - 01:03 AM.

LET'S GO DEVILS

#182 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

The board or the team?

Haha good point.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#183 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

sam rosen is a moron. on nhl tonight, they were showing highlights of the game with the rangers telecast and during the carter/dubinsky fight, he calls him John Carter :blink:

hah
they thought el capitan was mc doughnut

great hit #14

the one goal on marty was a rip

Edited by lazer, 07 March 2012 - 01:12 AM.

Posted Image

#184 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

Dude anyone else notice how freaking strong this kid is? It's like a sneaky strong.

I need to ask for a Henrique jersey for my birthday.

agreed and agreed. i dont know how this kid is that strong, but he is a beast

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#185 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

Looks like Carter has the ability to give us some toughness and scoring to our 4th line.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#186 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

Ok not like anyone cares but here's some cool stuff that happened tonight:

Wow so Kovy really scored like that?

We SMT3 against the Rags??

Lunquivst finally looked soft against the Devils??!

JJ looked fvcking sweet!!

I'm so stoked to watch this on TV in 30 minutes. I'm actually hoping it's Rangers in 60 so I can hear how upset they're pretending not to be.

The Devils are the only team in the league to beat the Rags 3 times.

& just for kicks...

My buddy gets up during a PK and yells 'KILL! KILL!'. A Rags fan behind us tells him to STFU & to sit down. Needless to say I turned around and put him in his place. I think my exact words were: "Dude I know you're fvcking old and you probably have more stressful things going on in your life than a Devils Rangers game, but this is my favorite hockey team and we'll stand up and cheer all night for the Devils. People call Devils fans pussies right? You're definitely not fvcking with one right now."

His friends calmly told him not to tell us to sit down and to STFU anymore. He was silent the rest of the game. :koolaid:

In fairness, Lundqvist didn't really look soft...we all know what Kovy can do (that was a goal-scorer's goal for sure), and Clarkson's goal was the definition of a fortunate bounce. Devils played a strong game for sure, but amazing how different a game can look and feel when the bounces go your way.

I know some will talk about the Flyer fanbase and how much they suck, but to me the most overrated lot of annoying jizzbuckets are the Ranger fans, without question. Yes, I know some cool ones, and yes, I have friends who are Ranger fans who are capable of talking intelligent hockey, but most of the ones I meet fit a certain bill.

Even if they're not dumb, they have a way of sounding dumb.

They think that somehow playing in NY equates them to being the Yankees of the NHL...that they have some rich tradition of winning and success by default. They beat their chests when they have precious little to beat them over.

No matter how good or bad their on-ice product is, or what style of hockey their team plays, Ranger fans are always convinced that their team plays an exciting brand of hockey that is good for the NHL. I know this because, when the Rangers were missing the playoffs for seven straight seasons, on ESPN and other message boards they said as much, and of course talked about how boring the Devils were. Of course we remember how unwatchable the 1999-2000 and 2000-2001 Devils were. Damn that sleep-inducing A-line!

They have that god-awful Noo Yawk accent...

...which makes their same tired quips about parking lots, attendance, the trap, and all the other jokes Ranger fans still find hilarious for the past 20 years or so that much more grating on the ears.

And no one can bitch about Marty getting starts against the Rangers anymore...he's 3-2, but with a 1.59 GAA and .931 save%, and one of the losses came in a game where he surrendered just one goal. Whatever difficulties the Devils have had with the Rangers can't be put on Marty this season.

And 2-1-1 to start a tough month. Not too bad, really. If they split the next four games, I'll take it.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 07 March 2012 - 07:45 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#187 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Why do the Rangers have a goal song at our arena?

would it make up for that awful bellyache chant they do after scoring a goal at MSG? Seriously, it sounds like the crowd has diarrhea or something. At least we have a real song (even though others use it too)

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#188 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

And no one can bitch about Marty getting starts against the Rangers anymore...he's 3-2, but with a 1.59 GAA and .931 save%, and one of the losses came in a game where he surrendered just one goal. Whatever difficulties the Devils have had with the Rangers can't be put on Marty this season.

The Marty vs. Hank head-to-head comparison this season is pretty remarkable:

Lundqvist
2-2-0 - 1 SO - 1.26 GAA - .947 Sv%

Brodeur
2-2-0 - 1 SO - 1.27 GAA - .944 Sv%

Not only are their head-to-head stats nearly identical, but the outcomes of their games have been too. Both goalies have 1-0 and 3-1 (not counting ENGs) wins against each other.

Anyone who still says Lundqvist is outplaying Brodeur either isn't watching or is completely braindead. Marty has absolutely brought his A-game whenever Padzilla is at the other end of the ice.

Edit: Forgot about the ENG at the end of last week's game. Reworded to reflect that.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 07 March 2012 - 09:25 AM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#189 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

would it make up for that awful bellyache chant they do after scoring a goal at MSG? Seriously, it sounds like the crowd has diarrhea or something. At least we have a real song (even though others use it too)

I'm not talking about their heyhey chant the fans do. The arena played a really upbeat song (sounded like the offspring) and they played it in the december game too. Usually the organ guy plays a little gloomy thing after a goal.
Devils.

#190 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

The Marty vs. Hank head-to-head comparison this season is pretty remarkable:

Lundqvist
2-2-0 - 1 SO - 1.26 GAA - .947 Sv%

Brodeur
2-2-0 - 1 SO - 1.27 GAA - .944 Sv%

Not only are their head-to-head stats nearly identical, but the outcomes of their games have been too. Both goalies have 1-0 and 4-1 (really 3-1 w/ an ENG) wins against each other.

Anyone who still says Lundqvist is outplaying Brodeur either isn't watching or is completely braindead. Marty has absolutely brought his A-game whenever Padzilla is at the other end of the ice.

Wow, that's amazing.

#191 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

It's funny, I haven't heard much Girardi for Norris talk lately, have you?

Chances counter had this game at 22-11 Devils, was surprised it was that high, but the Devils were absolutely crushing the Rangers in the neutral zone and in transition. Complete 180 from last week. Gotta love Zidlicky's game as well - like I said, haven't had a guy like this since Rafalski.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#192 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Finally they shoot high glove! Wonder why many teams haven't done that against mr. puff until recently...his last 3: .891 sv% 3.33 GAA.
Is this his & the rags' slump that we've been waiting for? I hope so.

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#193 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

in case your 20 something and dont know what real music sound like, early offspring is good, not what they turned into, this one came out before you were born.

this one should not be a "goal"song ahem to special to me

the guy @2:50 on the mic is not in the band lol

Edited by lazer, 07 March 2012 - 09:53 AM.

Posted Image

#194 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

I'm no Offspring fan, but does this one sound familiar?

#195 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Loved the Marty's Better chants, it has been a while. The rags can trap all they want, it might play right into the Devils hands. NJ has the talent to break through it with good passing, Zidlicky definitely helps in that regard.

#196 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Maybe they played Nitro (love that song, BTW) instead of the typical mellow organ stuff to drown out the blue-clad douches in attendance?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#197 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

just one more and im done

yeah i wasnt an offspring fan myself
Posted Image

#198 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

I also think Clarkson has gotten better as a player. He's not going to score 30 goals again, probably, but 20? I could see that. He's not making as many dumb plays, it seems. He's not toe-dragging every time, or going for a wraparound every time.

And I know I say this a lot, but the man who owes Henrik Lundqvist the most is Brad Richards. No one is talking about what a rotten season he is having. The games I watch, he is having so little impact on them.

Edited by Triumph, 07 March 2012 - 10:21 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#199 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

i dont understand how they are such a deep team, bickel is on the ice, hags is a good get, wolski is gone.

Henrique with the toe drag, came close.
Posted Image

#200 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

And I know I say this a lot, but the man who owes Henrik Lundqvist the most is Brad Richards. No one is talking about what a rotten season he is having. The games I watch, he is having so little impact on them.

That's funny that you say that, I can barely recall hearing his name mentioned during the game last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users