234 replies to this topic

#221 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

It boggles my mind that Rangers fans feel they can heckle other teams for big contracts. Aside from their long and storied history of overpaying for underperformers, they just signed Richards for 10 years at the same cap hit as Kovalchuk. Yet Kovalchuk is scoring at a 1.05PPG while Richards is at 0.69PPG. Sometimes I feel that 90% of their fans don't really understand anything about their team other than they are in New York so they should cheer them.

Edited by Amberite, 07 March 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#222 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

KatieStrang

"So, Dubinsky left game w/ hand injury, but team now sayig it was his nose that kept him off ice today"
Posted Image

#223 GregKulaga

GregKulaga

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

If you're ever in Chicago, The Boundary in Ukrainian Village did us well last night. They've got Center Ice, good looking bartenders, excellent chicken fingers and they were playing Ted Leo. Also, we won, so they're probs 1-0 when Devils fans are there haha.
#1 Fan of "Rodcast" Rod Pelley's fishing and hockey podcast

#224 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

It boggles my mind that Rangers fans feel they can heckle other teams for big contracts. Aside from their long and storied history of overpaying for underperformers, they just signed Richards for 10 years at the same cap hit as Kovalchuk. Yet Kovalchuk is scoring at a 1.05PPG while Richards is at 0.69PPG. Sometimes I feel that 90% of their fans don't really understand anything about their team other than they are in New York so they should cheer them.

A lot of Rags fans are only Rags fans - they're not hockey fans, as it were. Rags not playing = no way in hell do they watch the game. Same thing goes for Flyers fans as well. The season is over when their team is eliminated, and no other teams matter.

KatieStrang

"So, Dubinsky left game w/ hand injury, but team now sayig it was his nose that kept him off ice today"

Someone punched him in the nose, and his hand got injured. That was one of my favorite jokes in grammar school :)

Edited by jim777, 07 March 2012 - 01:52 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#225 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

KatieStrang

:lol:

Dubinsky is now Marcia Brady.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#226 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

KatieStrang

Didn't realize til I saw highlights. His nose looked like it was pouring out blood like a kitchen sink. Carter impressed me big time in this game. Wish he always played like that!

If you're ever in Chicago, The Boundary in Ukrainian Village did us well last night. They've got Center Ice, good looking bartenders, excellent chicken fingers and they were playing Ted Leo. Also, we won, so they're probs 1-0 when Devils fans are there haha.

I've been to Chicago before. Rush Street is an absolutely bomb shell farm.
The girls are all Victoria Secret Angels its ridiculous.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#227 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

I can't get over how awesome Carter was last night. Bashing Dubinsky out of the game, and then scoring an awesome goal.

I think it's time to rewatch this one.

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30, 07 March 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#228 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

They really are, as a whole, one of the least knowledgable fanbases you will meet.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#229 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Angry Ranger fan last night:

"Ya, but we're in first and you aren't going to the playoffs"
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#230 GregKulaga

GregKulaga

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Angry Ranger fan last night:

"Ya, but we're in first and you aren't going to the playoffs"

::facepalm::
#1 Fan of "Rodcast" Rod Pelley's fishing and hockey podcast

#231 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

i dont understand how they are such a deep team, bickel is on the ice, hags is a good get, wolski is gone.

Henrique with the toe drag, came close.

My sister-in-law heard Cangi call his name a few times and then texted my wife, "I didn't know Stu Pickles" plays for the Rangers!"

Posted Image

#232 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Years from now (w/Noo Yawk accent):

"Bro-dure would've never broken da all-time win rekerd widout all dem shoodout winz! What'd he have, like 200 of dose dings?"
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#233 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

KatieStrang

Proves how gay they are. Nose? Cmon, ask Pelley about nose injuries. Went to the hospital then came back to finish the game.
Flyers r my #1 hated team but things like this puts the rags closer eventho there's a fine line between them.

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#234 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

The Carter hit on Dubinsky was clearly a targeted hit to the head and he can expect a phone call from Shanny & possible suspension
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#235 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

oh eh deh noo yawk rangehs