46 replies to this topic

#1 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Even the minor team does not need him anymore.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389651

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I love it. The guy called Clarkson a career minor leaguer. Hey Sean, karma's a b*tch.

The only thing that would make it sweeter if Avery crashes and burns Lenny Dykstra style. Either way, I only wish the worst for him. He's a scumbag through and through, and a no talent waste of space to boot. He should only get what's coming to him.

Enjoy the KHL Sean. Hopefully you go to one of the teams where the owner stiffs you on your paycheck.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#3 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Win win here. Hockey fans don't have to deal with him anymore, and Sean gets to spend more time designing crushed velvet underwear.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#4 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,892 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Enjoy retirement ya fvcking loser. Go macrame some jean shorts.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#5 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

what a complete dickhead. i have nothing to say to this douchebag because i really don't care to waste my time with this guy. fvck you Avery you are a piece of sh!t

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#6 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

Love these posts.....keep 'em coming.

Can't wish enough bad on this guy.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#7 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

Schadenfreude...

Be careful...just sayin'

#8 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Expect a new line of man purses available soon....maybe after he assaults another police officer that comes to his house about noise complaints....

Good Riddance, scumbag!

Lisa: Dad, do you know what schadenfreude is?

Homer: No, I do not know what shaden-frawde is. Please tell me, because I’m dying to know.

Lisa: It’s a German term for “shameful joy,” taking pleasure in the suffering of others.

Homer: Oh, come on, Lisa. I’m just glad to see him fall flat on his butt. He’s usually all happy and comfortable, and surrounded by loved ones, and it makes me feel. … What’s the opposite of that shameful joy thing of yours?

Lisa: Sour grapes.

Homer: Boy, those Germans have a word for everything.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#9 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

The one thing that Sean Avery did in his career that made me proud:

Become such a complete douchebag that he was able to convince the rest of the hockey world what a scumbag organization the Rangers are. Happy trails.

#10 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Love this quote :)
"Avery's the type of player that you hate to play against but, when he's on your team, you hate to play with him." LOL

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#11 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Meh ill miss the gimmicks. Hated him when he played the Devils, but found him funny the rest of the times. He said some terrible things but also said / did alot of funny stuff.
Posted Image Posted Image

#12 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

would be willing to be the leafs give him some sort of tryout and a chance to make the team. both he and burke are huge proponents of acceptance of LGBT in professional sports (which is a good cause) + burke loves that kind of player.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#13 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,425 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

would be willing to be the leafs give him some sort of tryout and a chance to make the team. both he and burke are huge proponents of acceptance of LGBT in professional sports (which is a good cause) + burke loves that kind of player.

i don't think burke loves that kind of player - he's lamented the fact that 'the rats' are taking over the game - players who are dirty but who refuse to fight. avery would be high on everyone's list of rats. with how much burke obsesses over controlling the media, i don't see a chance this happens.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#14 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,937 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Meh ill miss the gimmicks. Hated him when he played the Devils, but found him funny the rest of the times. He said some terrible things but also said / did alot of funny stuff.

Avery was a solid agitator at the best of times, but wasn't very effective when he wasn't playing on the edge. He always did a number against the Devils especially with Mottau and Clarkson chasing him around every game.

Torts always despised him, and with the team doing so well, it was clear he had no place on that team. Maybe, he just doesn't love hockey. He's not going to be a leader in the AHL, so probably best they parted ways. I'd be disappointed if this was the end of his career.

I thought he has gotten a bad rap along the way. Hockey is an old boys club. These guys are all pretty much personality clowns of one another. He got chased away from the Stars because he was different. Their leaders thought he made no effort to interact with them and clearly didn't like him. What was their big issue again? He listened to music all the time and was on his laptop in the locker room. Maybe, he's been around hockey locker rooms for his entire life and knows he doesn't fit in with the jocks and the locker-room talk.

In New York with Torts, he never had a chance.

Sean Avery is different. There is no question about it. But hasn't he been controversy free in the NHL for years. He's never had an on-ice suspension and the sloppy-seconds suspension in the first place was pretty pathetic when you think about it. I'm interested to see if he'll get another shot in this league, but I think most GMs don't think he can fit in with their team. Hockey and sports don't like different. As the Burke family started the 'You Can Play' initiative this week, I think Avery's history shows how far the NHL is from the goals of the campaign. (By the way, I am not saying Avery is gay. I am just thinking why it be so hard for any athlete to come out in the current environment).

Edited by devilsrule33, 07 March 2012 - 07:10 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#15 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

The NJ Outlaws should sign him
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

if i had to guess, hockey will have the first player come out and i'd bet it's within the next two years.

i think the sport can handle it and i think most hockey fans could as well.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#17 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,937 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

if i had to guess, hockey will have the first player come out and i'd bet it's within the next two years.

i think the sport can handle it and i think most hockey fans could as well.

From everything I have seen and heard, hockey is one of most homophobic sport out there along with baseball. In locker rooms from high school, juniors, college and the pros, words like f*g, f*ggot and h*mo, are second nature. The environment would be fairly uncomfortable for someone who was gay growing up in it for his entire life. Add that to the fact that you'd have to be a trailblazer, I can't see it happening.

When Simmonds called Avery a f*ggot, how many times do you think Avery has heard that? How often do you think that goes on during a normal game? I'd say pretty often. I think players are programmed to call another player in altercation either, a fvcking bitch, fvcking p*ssy or fvcking f*aggot.

Edited by devilsrule33, 07 March 2012 - 08:46 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#18 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Avery was a solid agitator at the best of times, but wasn't very effective when he wasn't playing on the edge. He always did a number against the Devils especially with Mottau and Clarkson chasing him around every game.

Torts always despised him, and with the team doing so well, it was clear he had no place on that team. Maybe, he just doesn't love hockey. He's not going to be a leader in the AHL, so probably best they parted ways. I'd be disappointed if this was the end of his career.

I thought he has gotten a bad rap along the way. Hockey is an old boys club. These guys are all pretty much personality clowns of one another. He got chased away from the Stars because he was different. Their leaders thought he made no effort to interact with them and clearly didn't like him. What was their big issue again? He listened to music all the time and was on his laptop in the locker room. Maybe, he's been around hockey locker rooms for his entire life and knows he doesn't fit in with the jocks and the locker-room talk.

In New York with Torts, he never had a chance.

Sean Avery is different. There is no question about it. But hasn't he been controversy free in the NHL for years. He's never had an on-ice suspension and the sloppy-seconds suspension in the first place was pretty pathetic when you think about it. I'm interested to see if he'll get another shot in this league, but I think most GMs don't think he can fit in with their team. Hockey and sports don't like different. As the Burke family started the 'You Can Play' initiative this week, I think Avery's history shows how far the NHL is from the goals of the campaign. (By the way, I am not saying Avery is gay. I am just thinking why it be so hard for any athlete to come out in the current environment).

Sorry, but I'm calling bullsh*t here. Remember this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2lEUxwngZA

He looks around to make sure the refs aren't looking and does this crap. And his teammates hate him not because he's "different." When your teammate pulls sh*t like that, payback is often directed at you.

His antics might give a team a short-term boost, but in the long run he kills your team.

Again, I only wish the worst for him.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#19 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

From everything I have seen and heard, hockey is one of most homophobic sport out there along with baseball. In locker rooms from high school, juniors, college and the pros, words like f*g, f*ggot and ++++, are second nature. The environment would be fairly uncomfortable for someone who was gay growing up in it for his entire life. Add that to the fact that you'd have to be a trailblazer, I can't see it happening.

When Simmonds called Avery a f*ggot, how many times do you think Avery has heard that? How often do you think that goes on during a normal game? I'd say pretty often. I think players are programmed to call another player in altercation either, a fvcking bitch, fvcking p*ssy or fvcking f*aggot.

F*ggot is generic enough that it doesn't necessarily mean homosexual. I'm sure Claude was called that several times in his career, but I don't think anyone really thought he was gay. There's a South Park episode on the matter.
Posted Image

#20 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,937 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Sorry, but I'm calling bullsh*t here. Remember this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2lEUxwngZA

He looks around to make sure the refs aren't looking and does this crap. And his teammates hate him not because he's "different." When your teammate pulls sh*t like that, payback is often directed at you.

His antics might give a team a short-term boost, but in the long run he kills your team.

Again, I only wish the worst for him.

That's good agitating. He liked to stir sh!t up. Anything Avery ever did, Lemeiux did 10x worse. Players defend idiots and douchebags to death in this league as those are guys they usually love in the locker room. And I am talking about players who went out doing some cheap sh!t that really hurt guys, not small little things like bumping a goalie.

And I'm not saying anyone is wrong for not liking him as fans. He's pissed off a lot of teams, players and fans by doing things like that. I'd expect pretty much anyone to hate him and for good reason. Still a lot better than the things we have seen Pronger and Cooke do in the past.

logokx.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users