116 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

I'm not sure I get it dude. Can you tell us how you read his mind again? Thanks dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBcDEmNDYW8&feature=related

Posted Image
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well Colin, I am unsure how old you are "dude", but I have done sales my entire life and , yes, "dude", I am skilled at reading people. In my opinion "dude", he is much closer to leaving July 1, then not. Got it "dude?"

Well then you must be right!! As njdevil26 said, while you may have superhuman abilities at reading someone's every thought (because you worked in sales so you gots skillzz) to say that you know what Zach's thoughts are because you met him once barely even qualifies you to even be one of Ecklund's or The NY Post's sources

He may very well leave, but it's a joke to claim you know something because you met the guy at a meet and greet.. I'm not even saying that he didn't look unhappy to be there, but you made a big inference from a small encounter.. If that was the case, Patty would be long gone because he always looks like he wants to gtfo at meet and greets

Edited by Colin226, 08 March 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#23 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

:noclue:

He wants to win. If he wins now, then it may take the pressure off picking a team that is built for making an immediate run. The money is going to be the money within reason for most teams interested in his services. Remember, he will be starting a new life married, and picking a destination that will support that may become a bigger factor if he hoists the Cup now.

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Well then you must be right!! As njdevil26 said, while you may have superhuman abilities at reading someone's every thought (because you worked in sales so you gots skillzz) to say that you know what Zach's thoughts are because you met him once barely even qualifies you to even be one of Ecklund's or The NY Post's sources

He may very well leave, but it's a joke to claim you know something because you met the guy at a meet and greet.. I'm not even saying that he didn't look unhappy to be there, but you made a big inference from a small encounter.. If that was the case, Patty would be long gone because he always looks like he wants to gtfo at meet and greets

hystyk just reminded me why I dislike certain salesmen so much. That "I know how to read people, I can sell anything to anyone, I'm God's gift to all things sales, and I'm smarter and keener than everybody." Those guys get about 5 minutes of my time before they're shown the door.

Who the fvck knows what Parise's going to do? He may not even know. But I doubt some random sales guy is going to have any more insight than anyone else.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 08 March 2012 - 03:21 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#25 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

I think winning the Cup would only ensure he leaves.

we want the cup more than we want zach

the other summer we met some kids from chicago on the boardwalk, we were like yeah you guys put an end to the phlyers and then these other kids were like hey zach parise is back at our apartment we should go, and we all knew they were lying by the bloodshot eyes and dilated pupils. Then zach made a comment this year how he has never been to the jersey shore and I was like fvck yeah I told you they were lying.
Posted Image

#26 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

I spoke with Zach at the most recent meet and greet and I could tell by my conversation with him that he is out the door. He just had the look in his eyes while we were chatting.

Did you directly ask him about resigning? That look might be the look of getting tired of answering these types of questions.
Posted Image

#27 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

If you people mistook what I wrote for implying that I "know" something, then you have obviously misunderstood. Maybe I should have said I "highly suspect" that he is out the door or something to that effect. However, I guess I gave to much credit to the audience of this forum that my statement was more of a personal observation than a notarized letter from ZP himself. Anyway, I did have a nice conversation that didn't even address the FA issue directly, or if he was staying or going. Again, his reaction and eyes told me everything I needed to know.

I guess we will see in the upcoming months, right.

Also, I wasn't making a comment on if he wanted to be there or not. And yes, Elias usually looks miserable at these things. I actually thought he was really receptive at this last event.

#28 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

hystyk just reminded me why I dislike certain salesmen so much. That "I know how to read people, I can sell anything to anyone, I'm God's gift to all things sales, and I'm smarter and keener than everybody." Those guys get about 5 minutes of my time before they're shown the door.

Who the fvck knows what Parise's going to do? He may not even know. But I doubt some random sales guy is going to have any more insight than anyone else.

Wow. I never said I was smarter than anyone. I shared a simple thought. Take it or leave it. Pretty simple.

#29 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

:horse: :horse: :horse:

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Salesmen? I was gonna say this is what I dislike about the Internet, every Tom, Dick and Harry parceling innocuous words and facial reactions into inside knowledge. I do agree winning will be a factor which is part of the reason it'd be nice if the Devils could manage to go at least deep into the second round and show progress.

As far as the (N)Đ„verson article...duh. It's not like the Jersey crowd's a state secret to Zach by now. This place isn't for everyone, just like fishbowls with a microscope in every corner like Montreal and NY aren't for everyone either.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

#32 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

fvck off Willy Loman

That's out of line. Why act like a douche?

#33 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

He wants to win. If he wins now, then it may take the pressure off picking a team that is built for making an immediate run. The money is going to be the money within reason for most teams interested in his services. Remember, he will be starting a new life married, and picking a destination that will support that may become a bigger factor if he hoists the Cup now.

is his future wife a jersey girl?

#34 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Well Colin, I am unsure how old you are "dude", but I have done sales my entire life and , yes, "dude", I am skilled at reading people. In my opinion "dude", he is much closer to leaving July 1, then not. Got it "dude?"

Colin? I think you touched a nerve. Ixnay on the oodnay. Or something like that
Wait. That's nude. Udday? Whatever

And hystyk.... Dude!?!

Edited by Pepperkorn, 08 March 2012 - 09:55 PM.

I'm here for the party

#35 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWyHiV3l3MA

lol if she was really a psychic, she could have seen her legal troubles coming...:D

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#36 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Our attendance has always, yes, been not so good. However, the club section is way too big and adds to the problem - it makes it feel like the whole lower part of the arena is empty.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#37 Arkadiusz88

Arkadiusz88

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

I just ordered a Parise Jersey from NHL.com, damn I hope he doesn't leave.

#38 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Is the salesman joining the CAA security guard as our expert on all things Devils?

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#39 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

Posted Image

#40 lazer

lazer

All-Star