341 replies to this topic

#121 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,045 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

And so it begins...the Devils are 'already' offering playoff discounts with food and beverage cards since it's obvious now they've overpriced the tickets and are not getting the Rangers-Flyers-Pens cash cow for the first round after all :P

On another note, I can just see every Rangers fan realize when Pittsburgh passes them, they'll have a very tough 1st round matchup against the Flyers, while the Devils face the Panthers. I can see Rangers' officials campaigning to the league to change the rules at that point.

Now I hope even more the Rangers do crap out to fourth...god knows if the Penguins were stuck at fourth with playing the Flyers they probably 'would' be able to get the system changed lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#122 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

In the past years, our playoffs performances were very similar to the performances we had against these teams in regular season.

Carolina: I think we were 2-2 against them and we lost in 7

Philly: we were something like 1-5 during season against them and we lost in 5

Rangers: we were 1-5 against them during season and we lost in 5

If this is the trend this season too, I prefer getting Philly or the Rangers.

Our record against the Panthers is horrible...1 win 3 loss I think.

Edited by SS-SS, 22 March 2012 - 10:53 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#123 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

In the past years, our playoffs performances were very similar to the performances we had against these teams in regular season.

Carolina: I think we were 2-2 against them and we lost in 7

Philly: we were something like 1-5 during season against them and we lost in 5

Rangers: we were 1-5 against them during season and we lost in 5

If this is the trend this season too, I prefer getting Philly or the Rangers.

Meh, I remember hearing somewhere that there is no correlation between the regular season series and playoff performance. Obviously we would rather have the Panthers rather than the Bruins, but I dont think the Bruins have as much depth this year and Thomas wont be getting much rest because Rask is injured. Honestly, anyone but Pittsburgh in round one is fine with me

#124 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Ah, damn it, San Jose, why do you have to show up tonight?

The Devils have basically clinched 6th.

Team PTS GR
5. Flyers 94 8
6. Devils 89 8
7. Sens 84 8

If the Devils go 4-4, the Flyers would have to go 1-7-0 or 0-6-2 to fall behind the Devils.

If the Devils go 4-4, the Senators would have to go 6-1-1 or better to go ahead of the Devils.

The problem is that the Panthers are no guarantee for 6th with Boston losing tonight:

Team PTS GR
2. Bruins 87 9
3. Panthers 85 9

The Bruins have the tiebreaker, so it's not time to panic yet.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#125 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

Devils have more than just one victory vs. the Panther this year.
I believe a 5-2 win and a 3-2 win. They were down 2-0 in that 3-2 win.
Also remember they lost a game 4-3 they were winning 3-0. They also lost the last game 3-1 & looked dreadful in it.
So I'm guessing the series was tied 2-2.
Like I said the Devils can either dominate that series & win it in 6 or play the way they've been playing & lose it in 6.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#126 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

The Devils have basically clinched 6th.

I wouldn't go that far. Some very tough games remaining:

@ Pittsburgh
Chicago
@ Detroit
Ottawa

Plus the Isles and Lightning haven't been gimmes this year either. That Ottawa game could ultimately decide 6th/7th.

#127 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

If we tie with the Flyers for 5th place they would get the tie breaker since they own the ROW advantage correct?

#128 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

I wouldn't go that far. Some very tough games remaining:

@ Pittsburgh
Chicago
@ Detroit
Ottawa

Plus the Isles and Lightning haven't been gimmes this year either. That Ottawa game could ultimately decide 6th/7th.

No one is a gimme in any year anymore. Still, as the season winds closer to a close, the closer sportsclubstats's methodology gets to being correct. Right now NJ is 86% to finish 6th.

#129 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

If would be horrible if we lost to Florida in the 1st round. Absolutely horrible. I don't care about our regular season record against them, in a 7 game series we should defiantly beat them.

I don't want to play Philly or Boston. Maybe New York. I'm pretty sure a western conference team is going to win the Cup this year. From what I've seen lately only Pittsburgh would have a legit chance. You never know though. Vancouver, Nashville, St. Louis, and Detroit will most likely batter the hell out of each other.

Edited by Mayday, 23 March 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#130 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

Devils get a charity point, Florida gets a charity point, Ottawa loses.

Teams PTS GR
5. Flyers 94 8
6. Devils 90 7
7. Sens 84 7

The Senators are in danger of falling out of the playoffs now.

Florida blows a chance to pull even with Boston, though:

2. Bruins 87 9
3. Pnthrs 86 8

#131 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

boston better get over their jet lag quick and start winning or our 6th place race will become Irrelevant or worse

#132 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

....And, scene. Boston wins, Ottawa wins, Flyers win, all is good once again in Devil land.

Team PTS GR
5. Flyers 96 7
6. Devils 90 7
7. Sens 86 6

For the Devils to get fifth, they need 7 more points than the Flyers with 7 games remaining. So for instance:

Devils go 5-2-0, Flyers go 1-5-1.

For the Devils to get 7th, they need to have 4 fewer points than the Senators.

So if the Devils go 2-5-0, the Senators would need to go 4-2-0 or better to beat out New Jersey. This is certainly doable, but not that likely.

Race for 3rd:

2. Bruins 89 8
3. Pnthrs 86 8

Bruins have the tiebreaker, so the Panthers need 4 more points than the Bruins over the final 8 games.

#133 aLowDrudge

aLowDrudge

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

The ticket deals were sent out as an email. They are offering pay as they play plans. You sign up for a package and you are only charged for the actual games the team plays. They also give you a food card as a perk.

#134 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

The ticket deals were sent out as an email. They are offering pay as they play plans. You sign up for a package and you are only charged for the actual games the team plays. They also give you a food card as a perk.

I went for it. Got the first row of 104 and a $50 food card plus it's pay as you go and about a 15% discount. Those seats are guaranteed to be mine as far as they go this year. I'm sure if we end up playing Florida there will be better deals but I really like the seats I got and if we win the first round we're sure to have a huge draw for the second round and I won't have to worry about scrambling for tickets.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#135 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Tonight's loss hurts. Still, Boston and Florida are doing as they're supposed to do. Boston is now 4 points up on Florida with the tiebreaker and 7 games remaining for each.

Team PTS GR
5. Flyers 96 7
6. Devils 90 6
7. Sens 86 6

SportsClubStats, which I always announce as unreliable, has New Jersey at 86% to finish 6th. A win in their next game would increase those odds considerably.

Race for 3rd:

2. Bruins 91 7
3. Pnthrs 87 7

Boston basically has the tiebreaker for sure, so the Panthers will need 5 more points than the Bruins to eclipse them. Not bloody likely. SportsClub has them at 3% to finish in 2nd, but that's because they think that Boston is way better than they actually are, because it goes by goal differential. Still, I'd feel comfortable saying there is a less than 10% chance of that happening.

#136 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

This was a fun thread and all, and maybe things will work out in the end, but right now the Devils just need to take of their own business. Starts with 2 points tomorrow that they really need.

Edit: Had a fact wrong about Ottawa winning out.

Edited by devilsrule33, 26 March 2012 - 10:31 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#137 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Well Ottawa is just 2 points out of 6th now.

Guess that 6th spot isn't exactly a lock now, is it?

#138 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Care to wager on that? I'll bet at even money.

Win tomorrow and the Devils are up 4 points with 5 games left to play - not impossible to blow that lead, but it's not easy, either.

Edited by Triumph, 27 March 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#139 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:24 AM

I can't bring myself to fully worry about it unless Ottawa actually catches the Devils. But yeah, I can understand why some are beginning to be concerned about it now. Tonight's a big night...being up four or even three feels a lot better than two.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#140 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

Tonight's game is very important. They need to take care of business. Enough.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users