#121 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

Carter will be playing in the playoffs while the other 2 will not

Wouldn't be surprised if we go 7 D for a few games and sit Janssen or Boulton.

Edit: of course there's still a chance Zharkov can be pulled up - but that might be me living in denial about Pete's dislike of Zharky.

Edited by ben00rs, 12 March 2012 - 12:32 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#122 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

Edit: of course there's still a chance Zharkov can be pulled up - but that might be me living in denial about Pete's dislike of Zharky.

#freezharkov

Seriously though, tonight was a great game from top to bottom. The offense was great, the defense was great, Marty was good when needed and special teams was AWESOME. Here is a fun little fact: we now have the #15 power play in the nhl. I bet if I told you this in December, you'd look at me like Im crazy. I was saying this in the chat, but I cant remember the last time I've felt this good about a Devils team. There's just so much skill and depth, and our coaching is top notch. Just gonna enjoy the ride and hopefully we can do some damage come April

Edited by SMantzas, 12 March 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#123 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

I'm thinking the 4th line will be Carter Josefson Bernier when Zajac returns. Well hopefully he returns :pray:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#124 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

I'm not being overly dramatic or exaggerating but the officiating this year has been the worst I've seen in my life. And it showed again tonight. Fortunately we got the win.

#125 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

I love that volchenkov interview that is why I love him hahaha.

#126 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

Just can't fathom it happening. He took a discount (reportedly the rags offered more) the first time around, I can't see him anywhere else.

Apparently the snag with the Rangers was that they wouldn't give him a NTC. Oh well, water under the bridge, he's here now, and though I think there were definitely times where he wondered if he made the right decision in staying, I think he's very much at peace here now.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#127 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

Was Rick Flair at the game last night?

Posted Image

In other news Kovy made one of the "Compuware 3 stars" on NHL.com. Bout time they recognize....and they actually have our highlights up!:blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by Legion15, 12 March 2012 - 06:47 AM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#128 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

Elias needs 17 pts in the season's final 13 GP to reach 900. He probably won't get there this season, but he has a terrific shot to finish with 1000+ for his career for sure...hope they all come as a Devil...

And Kovy is now down to a -3.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 12 March 2012 - 06:51 AM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#129 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

#freezharkov

The offense was great, the defense was great, Marty was good when needed and special teams was AWESOME. Here is a fun little fact: we now have the #15 power play in the nhl. I bet if I told you this in December, you'd look at me like Im crazy. I was saying this in the chat, but I cant remember the last time I've felt this good about a Devils team. There's just so much skill and depth, and our coaching is top notch. Just gonna enjoy the ride and hopefully we can do some damage come April

The Pete Deboer era starts now!

#130 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

#freezharkov

Seriously though, tonight was a great game from top to bottom. The offense was great, the defense was great, Marty was good when needed and special teams was AWESOME. Here is a fun little fact: we now have the #15 power play in the nhl. I bet if I told you this in December, you'd look at me like Im crazy. I was saying this in the chat, but I cant remember the last time I've felt this good about a Devils team. There's just so much skill and depth, and our coaching is top notch. Just gonna enjoy the ride and hopefully we can do some damage come April

Speaking of fun team stats:

Goals per game - 2.68 (12th in the league)
Goals against per game - 2.55 (11th)
Power play - 17.2% (15th)
Penalty kill - 89.4% (t-1st)

Those numbers are all the more impressive when considering how brutal the Devils were in all categories (except PK) early in the year. Plus, the Devils actually have not one but two (!) players in the top 10 in points: Kovalchuk - 71 pts (t-5th) and Elias - 67 pts (t-8th).
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#131 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Professor: Does seeing your favorite sports team win compare to the pleasure of meeting your significant other?

Me: Hell Yeah!

Great way to start off a Monday.

#132 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

they're about equal

just kidding, but seeing the Devils take on and beat "elite" teams is definitely satisfying

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#133 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

Great win last night, kept our composure and made them pay! The more I watch the replay of the Rinaldo highstick on Carter, the more I am inclined to say that he did that high stick on purpose. In addition to the "kicking motion" after he highsticked him, I'm just at a loss for words.. what kind of parents spawn a kid like this?
Put food on my family

#134 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Great win last night. What an unbelieveable week with impressive wins over the Rags, Isles, and Flyers, as well as a come from behind last minute thriller in the Dump on LI (where we never seem to play well). Team is firing on all cylinders right now.
Posted Image

#135 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

It is kinda unsettling for me that Larsson sat. Not because he sat (I agree with DeBoer's decision) but the level of play since his injury. It just hasn't been there for him since he came back and wondering if he came back too soon.

#136 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Testament to team defense and Brodeur:

Since the start of March. 125 shots against with 117 saves, good for a .936 save%. With half of those goals coming in the Bruins game.

The Devils are 3-1-1 over that span.

#137 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

Great win last night, kept our composure and made them pay! The more I watch the replay of the Rinaldo highstick on Carter, the more I am inclined to say that he did that high stick on purpose. In addition to the "kicking motion" after he highsticked him, I'm just at a loss for words.. what kind of parents spawn a kid like this?

Bobby Clark, thats who! glove wearing fa**ot

rinaldo the small punk was annoying me all game, which made this win all the sweeter

flyers have some problems back there behind their net. when our 4th line cycles you and pins you thats trouble LOL

our D is keeping the front of the crease clean for the most part now. (Tavares giroux being exceptions)

loved how patty was looking to get zach a goal on the PP

JJ is playing at a new level, but he needs to do that barbell-rope-broom stick exercise to build up the wrists and forearms. kid needs to finish

13 games left

#138 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

It is kinda unsettling for me that Larsson sat. Not because he sat (I agree with DeBoer's decision) but the level of play since his injury. It just hasn't been there for him since he came back and wondering if he came back too soon.

This has been an incredibly tough year for Larsson, on many levels...I think he's probably mentally and physically spent...easy to forget that he's basically a kid playing among men. His introduction into NHL life has been pretty rough. I'm sure there's a part of him that will be incredibly happy to put this year behind him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 12 March 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#139 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Testament to team defense and Brodeur:

Since the start of March. 125 shots against with 117 saves, good for a .936 save%. With half of those goals coming in the Bruins game.

The Devils are 3-1-1 over that span.

Not to derail this, but ....

Spoiler

:evil: :koolaid: :evil:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#140 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

This has been an incredibly tough year for Larsson, on many levels...I think he's probably mentally and physically spent...easy to forget that he's basically a kid playing among men. His introduction into NHL life has been pretty rough. I'm sure there's a part of him that will be incredibly happy to put this year behind him.

That probably is a huge part of it as well.

Do you think he should sit now in favor of Tao or see if he can play through this? At this point I really do not know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users