150 replies to this topic

#141 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

That probably is a huge part of it as well.

Do you think he should sit now in favor of Tao or see if he can play through this? At this point I really do not know.

He needs to keep playing and get through this. He's having an initiation by fire, and there's nothing wrong with it. This will be a rough year for him but it will make him that much stronger for next year and he should only move forward from there.

Edited by Amberite, 12 March 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#142 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm not being overly dramatic or exaggerating but the officiating this year has been the worst I've seen in my life. And it showed again tonight. Fortunately we got the win.

Not that your point is wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I have never heard anyone say, "The officiating was very good in that game/tournament/season." Occasionally officials get some props on individual plays, particularly in the NFL.

Disclaimer: High School baseball, football official
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#143 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Not that your point is wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I have never heard anyone say, "The officiating was very good in that game/tournament/season." Occasionally officials get some props on individual plays, particularly in the NFL.

Disclaimer: High School baseball, football official

There was a solid stretch of several games this year where the calls were noticeably going our way. That trend seems to have ended, though.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#144 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,545 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

There was a solid stretch of several games this year where the calls were noticeably going our way. That trend seems to have ended, though.

Yeah, but I wouldn't call those games well-officiated either. I get the feeling that we are back to pre-lockout style officiating where officials let stuff go for both teams. The difference is that teams are much better at not committing fouls, so that's why power plays are way down (again).

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#145 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

That probably is a huge part of it as well.

Do you think he should sit now in favor of Tao or see if he can play through this? At this point I really do not know.

Agree with Amberite...it's not going to get any easier. Better he learns that playing an 82+ game season and the playoffs in the NHL is a different beast, unlike any other hockey experience. He'll get better from this.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 12 March 2012 - 02:48 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#146 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

That non-call on clarkson was brutal. If he stayed down there would have been an easy five

#147 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

That non-call on clarkson was brutal. If he stayed down there would have been an easy five

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI5_oHFAv6Q

Edited by Legion15, 12 March 2012 - 02:38 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#148 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

penalties were 22min. to 6...take away the 10 on shelley and call it fair.

oh and on larsson, there are ways to salvage his season, but im trying to find out who is a postseason warrior and its not easy with new guys and rookies, this is devils now.

obviously patty...

Edited by lazer, 12 March 2012 - 02:45 PM.

Posted Image

#149 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Are you talking about the boarding or the time when Clarkson was being raped thru his pads with a Phailure laying on top of him for a full 30 seconds? I mean, he basically had to spread his cheeks as the refs watched.
Put food on my family

#150 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Poor Larson. He has to take the benching with a grain of salt.
He's playing on a top 8 (in the league) team & has done more good than bad of late in my opinion.
He can't let it bring him down
Hopefully he learns from it & it makes him come out hungry on Tuesday.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#151 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Are you talking about the boarding or the time when Clarkson was being raped thru his pads with a Phailure laying on top of him for a full 30 seconds? I mean, he basically had to spread his cheeks as the refs watched.

lovely analogy...

but yeah it was pretty blatant

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users