27 replies to this topic

#21 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

I HATED tallinder last year, even wanted him traded. But when lemaire came in and he was paired with fayne he did a complete 180. And this year he has been completely solid with he and fayne as our top pairing. His large minus I feel is due to being paired with larsson at the start of the season during larsson terrible play. He's not our best dman, but he's definitely up there. Sorry benny buddy
Devils.

#22 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

tallinder has confidence (maybe over-confidence) with the puck in our zone. guys not afrain to take it out from behind the net and rush up ice though people. Id feel safer with a healthy talinder one on one with a speed rusher than larsson right now

but something tells me this is a moot discussion, he's prbably out for the year, which, as tri says, leaves petey with a problem on his hands. did they realize adam was this slow footed???

#23 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Honestly I can't tell --- is he (Larsson) slow or is he overly cautious?

What I'm asking is: Do you all think his lack of speed something fixable? Do you sincerely think he's just slow.

Personally I think it's nearly impossible to tell -- I have my suspicions that he's just very hard on himself and slowing down to neaten things in his mind. I think his brain is slow right now not so much his skates. Sometimes that isn't fixable - it's a mental block that someone can't shake. If he's quick witted off ice then this will clear up. I don't know how he is though :noclue:

Any thoughts?

It could be: His initial NHL praise was based on presence of mind. He's got it in his head that that's his strong suit. Someone has to shake him up (and the AHL won't do it - the skills are too different he'll coast or be the exact same way - which means to be WORSE). I'm thinking he needs to give himself space to barrel through this without taking off speed to think. He just has to click, find his groove - whatever imagery works.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 12 March 2012 - 10:29 AM.

I'm here for the party

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Salvador has made some nice plays, but that saving goals stuff, I don't think that's a repeatable skill. Right now Salvador is even at 5 on 5 hockey. He's been great on the penalty kill, but DeBoer has mostly not used him against the opponent's best players and he's still being moved backwards - he has by far the worst Fenwick of any D who's played more than 20 games.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Honestly I can't tell --- is he (Larsson) slow or is he overly cautious?

What I'm asking is: Do you all think his lack of speed something fixable? Do you sincerely think he's just slow.

Personally I think it's nearly impossible to tell -- I have my suspicions that he's just very hard on himself and slowing down to neaten things in his mind. I think his brain is slow right now not so much his skates. Sometimes that isn't fixable - it's a mental block that someone can't shake. If he's quick witted off ice then this will clear up. I don't know how he is though :noclue:

Any thoughts?

It could be: His initial NHL praise was based on presence of mind. He's got it in his head that that's his strong suit. Someone has to shake him up (and the AHL won't do it - the skills are too different he'll coast or be the exact same way - which means to be WORSE). I'm thinking he needs to give himself space to barrel through this without taking off speed to think. He just has to click, find his groove - whatever imagery works.

I think it's a combination of youth and bad luck. The time off (due to injury) before all star weekend seemed to help, and when he came back he looked like a stud, then he got hurt again and he's been lousy since. I don't know how to fix it, and hope he doesn't end up in his head in the future. It's the risk of a talented kid. No point putting him in the AHL, where he'd destroy weaker competition, but if he gets beat enough times in the NHL you wonder about his confidence.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

I think it's a combination of youth and bad luck. The time off (due to injury) before all star weekend seemed to help, and when he came back he looked like a stud, then he got hurt again and he's been lousy since. I don't know how to fix it, and hope he doesn't end up in his head in the future. It's the risk of a talented kid. No point putting him in the AHL, where he'd destroy weaker competition, but if he gets beat enough times in the NHL you wonder about his confidence.

Yeah -- I think this will all work itself out in the off season. I think I tend to push too hard too fast.

I'm here for the party

#27 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Yeah -- I think this will all work itself out in the off season. I think I tend to push too hard too fast.

Hehehe.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#28 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Eric Gelinas

future is looking brighter
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users